• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "2014 NFL Draft" Thread

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind would not matter if Mallet has a big arm or not. As long as he does turn the ball over like Schaub did this past season and if the defense performs like it looks on paper they will be just fine.
Yeah, I dont think Mallett is relevant to this conversation at all. Any QB Kellen Clemens or better makes the Texans a potential playoff contender. The reality is that the Texans have picked pass rushers in the First round 2 out of the past 3 years. If they make it 3 of 4, they pretty have to have the #1 defense in the AFC to be relevant.

stammer78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cassel played well for a whole year and got a 2nd rounder in return. Mallet is a total unknown and quite frankly it would be a stretch to say he is worth a high 2nd rounder.

I'm not sure the way the Chiefs handle the QB position is the way to build a team. These QB prospects would really have to suck to not take a chance on one of them

I would agree with you Mallet is NOT a 2nd round trade. The point I was making that the Texans would only give that up if they needed to.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind would not matter if Mallet has a big arm or not. As long as he does turn the ball over like Schaub did this past season and if the defense performs like it looks on paper they will be just fine.

Using Schaub as a standard really doesn't give you idea if Mallet is starter worthy IMO. I understand with the upcoming QBs having major ? marks why you would explore other options, but Mallet isn't the answer IMO.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallett is going to be a big hit or miss IMO. He has one of the top arms in the league without question, and he has spent years behind Brady, you would hope he learned a lot. If Houston got him for say a 2nd, I would trade out of the #1 overall(Clowney is a DE, not a 3-4 backer), drop to no lower than 5-6, recoup the 2nd rounder I gave up for Mallett, and still pick up either Mack, Watkins or Robinson in the first round, maybe a Matthews or Murphy in the second. If the Texans added say Mallett, Mack and Matthews, to the talent they have, they would look pretty interesting

melmaan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Mallett w/ Houston (Foster, AndreJ. and Hopkins with Clowney and JJ ... they overtake the Colts

Protect Mallett" w/ a conservative game plan ... as most would do w/ any young QB and lean on the Running game and DEFENSE. They'd be in the hunt for a Super Bowl.

3 years w/ Belicheck and Brady as THE ONLY backup QB .... Belicheck must have faith in him

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Mallett w/ Houston (Foster, AndreJ. and Hopkins with Clowney and JJ ... they overtake the Colts

Protect Mallett" w/ a conservative game plan ... as most would do w/ any young QB and lean on the Running game and DEFENSE. They'd be in the hunt for a Super Bowl.

3 years w/ Belicheck and Brady as THE ONLY backup QB .... Belicheck must have faith in him

Mallett is going to play like any other 1st yr starter would in HOU...I'd give him a better chance to succeed right away in NE. IDK what kind of starter Mallett will be long term, but IMO, the primary reason for his name coming up is O'Brien's tie to NE. There are too many teams needing a QB for him to just sit behind Brady for this long. Somebody would've made an offer NE couldn't refuse before now.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the question should be what is the "price" the Patriots are asking for the rights to Mallet? Is it gonna cost the Texans that #1 pick since Mallet is already in the league, and the head coach (Texans) knowing that Mallet is gonna be a star?

No chance. Mallet for a 2nd or 3rd at most. I wouldn't give up the 1st pick of the 2nd round for him either.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the question should be what is the "price" the Patriots are asking for the rights to Mallet? Is it gonna cost the Texans that #1 pick since Mallet is already in the league, and the head coach (Texans) knowing that Mallet is gonna be a star?

thats a terrable trade for houston. they might as well draft a qb with that first overall pick and atleast get 5 years to try and develop him rather than the 2 they would get under his current contract.

Mallet at best is a third round pick, maybe a 4th with a conditional on his performace 3rd or second for next year, but the guy struggle reading deffenses at times in college there was a reason he was not a first round pick then, why with no actual playing expierence would you give a first round pick for him? he is not even worth the 32nd pick in the draft but first? common dude

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I make a first-round bust pick every year, and I'm 85% sure I'm going to pick Darqueze Dennard this year. I think he's a perfect candidate to be a huge bust.

It's between him and Kelvin Benjamin for me, but I'll probably go with Dennard.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Manziel goes in the 1st then I'll go with him as my biggest bust of the 2014 draft.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Manziel goes in the 1st then I'll go with him as my biggest bust of the 2014 draft.

Totally agree. When you take a guy top 5 overall just because he is a QB, you end up with JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf. Guys like Kap and Russell Wilson that had success early really benefited from going to teams with a running game and defense in place. Going to a team coming off a 3-4 win season and being expected to carry that team is a tough burden

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING NEWS REPORT: Roger Goodell is looking to expand the 2015NFLDraft to one pick per week, which means it would wrap up somewhere around May 2020.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espn just did a mock with the division reporters and walker pretty much did what I did except I traded down with San Francisco. He also took Moses haha!

Why I traded down in Dolphins' mock draft - Miami Dolphins Blog - ESPN