• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "2014 NFL Draft" Thread

fearthepelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Bridgewatter. He was the top QB going into the season, and I haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel is a cancer waiting to happen and not worth the risk he brings with all the running he does. Houston should probably try to trade down, but as some of you have mentioned there might not be anybody willing to give that much up for the #1 spot.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel is a cancer waiting to happen and not worth the risk he brings with all the running he does. Houston should probably try to trade down, but as some of you have mentioned there might not be anybody willing to give that much up for the #1 spot.

Why give up the #1? If they don't want Manziel, they can take Bridgewater. Yes? Or Clowney. I'm not sure either of those men will be there in round 2.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best scenario I can see is if Atlanta really wants Clowney, then the Texans trade with Atlanta and get a king's ransom for the pick. But then that could put the Texans out of a chance for one of the top QB prospects. That's the only downside I see there. But there's probably a good chance that one of them will drop a little and get passed on.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they work a deal with the Pats trade draft picks for Ryan Mallett whom Bill Obrien is very familiar with and likes then they draft Clowney to book end Watt.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they work a deal with the Pats trade draft picks for Ryan Mallett whom Bill Obrien is very familiar with and likes then they draft Clowney to book end Watt.

This is why I as the owner might go another way

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I as the owner might go another way

Yep he was on staff when Ryan came in and it was or is my understanding O'Brien likes him. Whether or not it happens is yet to be seen but IMO there is a good possibility

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this. Whoever the Texans pick, I hope that, for once, our fan base will support him. It is downright embarrassing how our fan base immediately starts hoping a new draft pick will fail just because he wasn't the guy they wanted.

Reliant will never even come close to being the Link unless our fans stop sitting on the edge of their seats waiting for that moment that gives them an excuse to turn on the team.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this. Whoever the Texans pick, I hope that, for once, our fan base will support him. It is downright embarrassing how our fan base immediately starts hoping a new draft pick will fail just because he wasn't the guy they wanted.

Reliant will never even come close to being the Link unless our fans stop sitting on the edge of their seats waiting for that moment that gives them an excuse to turn on the team.

I remember your fans being outraged that your FO passed on Young - and it turned out to be the right move. I'm thinking that fan support maybe a reason they'd pick Manzeil. Look what happened the last time the Texans were in this position and went against the fans.

Should they pick him I'm not saying that was the only reason, but it might have played into it.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember your fans being outraged that your FO passed on Young - and it turned out to be the right move. I'm thinking that fan support maybe a reason they'd pick Manzeil. Look what happened the last time the Texans were in this position and went against the fans.

Should they pick him I'm not saying that was the only reason, but it might have played into it.

I also had to laugh at all the fake outrage when Mario left for Buffalo. You never wanted him! Why are you pissed that he is leaving?

Sometimes, I'm ashamed to admit I'm a Texan fan. Not because of the team but because of the fans.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also had to laugh at all the fake outrage when Mario left for Buffalo. You never wanted him! Why are you pissed that he is leaving?

Sometimes, I'm ashamed to admit I'm a Texan fan. Not because of the team but because of the fans.

Well, these are the same people that keep elected Sheila Jackson-Lee to congress. :rollseyes:

I don't know why some fan bases are like this, to be honest.

The people that draft (player X) have done all the research they could possibly have done. Could the guy still go bust? Sure, but the odds of that are less likely if you've done your homework - and even if he does he's not going to drag down a huge part of the salary cap like he used to.

You guys in Houston are one solid QB away from being a division champ - the question is, whom? Do you go with Manzeil, and if so, was it because of the fans? He's got some downside to him but he can make plays on the run. The questions are about his durability in the NFL and his maturity. Do you play it safe and go with Bridgewater?

I think you need a QB more than Clowney but Clowney might be the safer pick. I also think he has a more immediate impact since he's got Watt on the other side.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, these are the same people that keep elected Sheila Jackson-Lee to congress. :rollseyes:

I don't know why some fan bases are like this, to be honest.

The people that draft (player X) have done all the research they could possibly have done. Could the guy still go bust? Sure, but the odds of that are less likely if you've done your homework - and even if he does he's not going to drag down a huge part of the salary cap like he used to.

You guys in Houston are one solid QB away from being a division champ - the question is, whom? Do you go with Manzeil, and if so, was it because of the fans? He's got some downside to him but he can make plays on the run. The questions are about his durability in the NFL and his maturity. Do you play it safe and go with Bridgewater?

I think you need a QB more than Clowney but Clowney might be the safer pick. I also think he has a more immediate impact since he's got Watt on the other side.

Right. The basically same team was division champs two years in a row before going 2-14. But, when you lose the turnover battle as badly as we did, that's what happens.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. The basically same team was division champs two years in a row before going 2-14. But, when you lose the turnover battle as badly as we did, that's what happens.

This is why Houston could easily be the Chiefs of this past year. They have a good defense, good OL, RB's should get healthy, good receivers. Pretty much they need a quarterback that can actually not cost them games. Now whether one of these top guys in this draft can be one of those guys remains to be seen. I'm still of the take the best player available and if that is Clowney I would do that then see if you can get the quarterback in the late 1st early 2nd round. I think guys like Derek Carr (don't hurt me for saying the dreaded Carr family name) and Tahj Boyd would be great options at the end of the 1st/early 2nd. Throw in there is some quality even possibly down the list like Mettenburger of LSU and Garrapolo or however you spell his name could come in and compete. Given that is taking a little more chance in getting guys like that down later in the draft but does give Houston a chance to build a quality team around the player as well.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. There are a couple teams in the NFL that were bad last year that could win straight away this year, the Texans and Lions.

I think the main reason your HC was fired was because he had all the pieces and should have been able to do MUCH more with them than he did.

If it were my choice I think I'd draft a QB. I think you need one of them more than Clowney. The question is whom?

Manzeil is more of an immediate impact and had that big play ability. The downside is he could lack maturity or be oft injured at this level.

Bridgewater is the safer bet but might take a little time.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you go with Manziel. Long term I just think he'll be a better QB. He may never grow up, but somebody will roll the dice and it could pay off big.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a browns fan I am praying the Texans take Manziel.