• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "2014 NFL Draft" Thread

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney pair him up with Watts 2 man wrecking crew

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go Clowney honestly. At this point in the process there will be a quarterback available at the top of the 2nd that I don't think there would be as big of a gap between them and the guys picked in the top 5. A guy like Derek Carr makes sense other than the fact that his brother bombed in Houston. Tahj Boyd is another that I could see them liking.

Really at this point in the process it is tough to tell. My guess is one of the quarterbacks begins to separate themselves from the pack a bit and ends up being the pick.

Good point, but Idk if the 4th QB off the board will be available at the top of the 2nd...this draft has so many teams that need to upgrade the QB spot. Secondly...you have teams in the bottom 3rd of the draft like DAL, or CIN that might go off grid and take a QB like Carr if he dropped...at the top of the 2nd, I think you're looking at guys like Garoppolo, AJ McCarron, or maybe Mettenberger if he's healthy.

Mettenberger could be a steal, but he might not be 100% ready to start camp.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of the two QBs posted by OP. If they are smart they will take Clowney then Grab Mettenberger

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does O'Brien question Johnny's work ethic? Has he not asked any of Johnny's coaches about him

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beats the hell out of Manziel or Bridgewater
You think Mettenberger is better than Bridgewater? Mettenberger has a better chance of going in the 4th round than the 1st.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, but Idk if the 4th QB off the board will be available at the top of the 2nd...this draft has so many teams that need to upgrade the QB spot. Secondly...you have teams in the bottom 3rd of the draft like DAL, or CIN that might go off grid and take a QB like Carr if he dropped...at the top of the 2nd, I think you're looking at guys like Garoppolo, AJ McCarron, or maybe Mettenberger if he's healthy.

Mettenberger could be a steal, but he might not be 100% ready to start camp.

There is a chance they have to trade up into the late 1st but with the way the NFL is set up these days it doesn't cost a whole lot. It definitely would be a calculated risk to wait and my guess is they don't and just go ahead and get a quarterback. Most new Head Coaches like to get a quarterback as it is the most important position on the field plus usually gives them a little longer window by ownership to build the team and let the quarterback grow.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel is better.

Manziel will fail in the NFL I almost guarantee. His lose cannon approach to playing QB will not work at the next level. He will be holding a clips board in three years.

You think Mettenberger is better than Bridgewater? Mettenberger has a better chance of going in the 4th round than the 1st.

I do think Mettenberger is better or at least more NFL ready the big question mark is that knee.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schaub proved he could win in past. Just an off year like Ryan in Atlanta, almost mirror results. Real good in reg season, only need to get over hump in playoffs

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really know that the Texans can make a bad choice here so long as they go with a QB or Clowney.

Well the last time Houston went quarterback with the 1st overall pick they flopped and took years to recover so yeah I think they can go wrong here. If they take Clowney then they need him to be a pro bowler pretty much every year. IF they take a quarterback they are wanting that guy to be top 10 within the next few years. If they don't do that and one of the other players does that is say taken in the top 5 then this draft would be a flop or at least a wasted 1st overall pick. They don't come around for an organization very often so when you get them you have to hit with that pick.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel will fail in the NFL I almost guarantee. His lose cannon approach to playing QB will not work at the next level. He will be holding a clips board in three years.

I do think Mettenberger is better or at least more NFL ready the big question mark is that knee.

Johnny Football is a little shit, he will get clobbered in pros, esp if he goes to a NFC team

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he is NFL ready at all. The good sign with Mettenberger is that he has improved every year as a QB. Thats what you want to see. He should sit a year before playing because of the injury and because he might be far away from his potential.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is just stupid.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schaub proved he could win in past. Just an off year like Ryan in Atlanta, almost mirror results. Real good in reg season, only need to get over hump in playoffs
Ryan had a much better year than Schaub