• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2014 NFL Draft Discussion Thread + Countdown

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. They are trying to trade the pick from what is being "reported". That leads me to believe that they don't think Carr can be a franchise QB. They could wait till round 3 & take whoever is left out of Garoppolo/Mettenberger/Savage/McCarron.

I'm sure Texan fans are reminding the FO that big brother didn't work so don't even go there,

I think it will be Savage or Mettenberger for them...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Carr never had a chance. There isn't a QB in the league who could have made that team work.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Houston pull the trigger now on little Carr????

I'm thinking not. Though he is a good QB and has a good arm, I think if the 'braintrust' was around for his brother's days, they just may not want to bring the young Carr in. Too much deja vu going on.

It's unfair, and one thing has nothing really to do with the other, but it would be a perception.

Believe if they really think he is the best option for them on the field, they ought to take him. Just don't think they will. Maybe they'll work a trade for someone like Mallet, or Glennon or someone else?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Carr never had a chance. There isn't a QB in the league who could have made that team work.
Id agree with that to an extent. He ran a bunch of screens with a bunch of no names players and one good WR. Doesn't mean anyone in their right mind should draft him in rd 1

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id agree with that to an extent. He ran a bunch of screens with a bunch of no names players and one good WR. Doesn't mean anyone in their right mind should draft him in rd 1

Peyton manning there would have equally been a bust. There was no line, no surrounding talent, no anything. I'm not going to debate what could have happened in a decent situation, but that was a disaster.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandan Weeden at 22 was a huge mistake. Everyone talked about his arm, et al. His footwork has horrific, decision making poor. Couldn't believe all the 'experts' drooling over the guy.

Manziel at 22 is a much better pick. Just a much better football player than Weeden or Quinn. Don't know how successful he will be, but I think Cleveland fans should be happy.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking not. Though he is a good QB and has a good arm, I think if the 'braintrust' was around for his brother's days, they just may not want to bring the young Carr in. Too much deja vu going on.

It's unfair, and one thing has nothing really to do with the other, but it would be a perception.

Believe if they really think he is the best option for them on the field, they ought to take him. Just don't think they will. Maybe they'll work a trade for someone like Mallet, or Glennon or someone else?

Those two are off the table:

Saw Clowney press conference in Houston, they talked with the GM about the Mallet rumor, he said they never ever talked with the Pats about him

And Lovie came out yesterday and said Glennon wasn't going anywhere either..

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two are off the table:

Saw Clowney press conference in Houston, they talked with the GM about the Mallet rumor, he said they never ever talked with the Pats about him

And Lovie came out yesterday and said Glennon wasn't going anywhere either..
From what I could tell, the 'Manziel to TB' smokescreen was to get Watkins or Evans to fall.

The 'Detroit to trade up for Watkins' smokescreen was probably to get Ebron to fall

The 'Atlanta trade up' smokescreen was probably for Greg Robinson or Khalil Mack to fall.

Someone was trying to trade up for Gilbert but its hard to speculate who.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandan Weeden at 22 was a huge mistake. Everyone talked about his arm, et al. His footwork has horrific, decision making poor. Couldn't believe all the 'experts' drooling over the guy.

Manziel at 22 is a much better pick. Just a much better football player than Weeden or Quinn. Don't know how successful he will be, but I think Cleveland fans should be happy.

Weeden was 27. That alone should take a first rounder off the table.

Manziel has no more talent than weeden did though.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, I mean Weeden was drafted at 22, or around there. Think he was 27 years old...

Whatever, I actually have an interest in the Browns now. Hard for me to pull for JFF since he's an Aggie (probably have to grow up in Texas to understand), but I hope he does well.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, I mean Weeden was drafted at 22, or around there. Think he was 27 years old...

Whatever, I actually have an interest in the Browns now. Hard for me to pull for JFF since he's an Aggie (probably have to grow up in Texas to understand), but I hope he does well.

No I know what you meant. He was too old for a first rounder, especially as a project.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland now has to get a receiver: Gordon reportedly done for 2014. That sucks.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp! Browns are going WR now.

Since the best OG went

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pick by the Texans though. Too bad they have zero QB play or WR to elevate them to the next level. Way to take a 4-3 DE and an OG with the #1 and 33rd pick in the draft. Am I the only one giving the Texans a C grade?