• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2014 NFL Draft Discussion Thread + Countdown

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Watkins will probably pan out for them to be a great player. At the same time they are a team with many many holes before they can be considered a competitor. When Atlanta traded up for Julio Jones he was considered that missing piece from them getting to the Super Bowl. Trading what most likely will be a premium pick next year is giving up a lot especially considering how deep this draft is and the talent that was still available when they would have picked.
I'm in full agreement. Watkins might be good but he probably wont be worth the opportunity cost. Beckham is a more polished route runner by far and has better hands and elite speed. Watkins has more physicality, true, but is that physicality worth an extra (possibly high) 1st rounder and a 4th rounder in a deep draft? Taylor Lewan was a legit tackle and they need one. Now they are shut out of this year's elite tackles and next years elite tackles.

What happens if EJ Manuel isnt a franchise QB? They wont be able to replace him next year.

This is like drafting CJ Spiller and letting go of Marshawn Lynch for chump change. They are drafting sizzle when they should be looking at steak

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not projecting Manziel as an NFL talent but he is one of the most talented college football players youll ever see. Its a different game.

What I'm saying is that Evans isnt that good. If we had him at Mizzou, he wouldve been a 3rd rounder

No, he isn't. His arm is mediocre, his athleticism is OK at a college level but not particularly impressive, he doesn't understand the game, and without very good surrounding talent no one would have a clue who he is.

Evans is legit and the best WR in this draft by far.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JF puts up solid numbers, i'll be shipping you out his Browns' jersey and you're gonna wear it for the whole board to see. :suds:

There is literally not one characteristic he is above average at the NFL level at.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such an easy choice.

Him and Watt will tear shit up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Shaneman what are your thoughts on Roby? I hated him about a month ago but then started watching more of his games beyond the Wisconsin game and man I love this kid. He definitely has some growing up to do and needs some time to work on the technical part of the position but I think this kid could be real special.

He is a project guy for now. He played pretry awful last season, but maybe it looked worse on him because the secondary was shot. He will be a solid player, just give him some time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins can be a legit #1, probably the best WR to come out of a draft since JJ/Green. I like the move, they just better hope they're not a bottom feeder this upcoming season.

Watkins...I agree, but your point in bold makes it hard to swallow...even the most upbeat Bills fan wouldn't be shocked if they won 6 games this season. Just not close enough to give that much.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a project guy for now. He played pretry awful last season, but maybe it looked worse on him because the secondary was shot. He will be a solid player, just give him some time.

Well from the highlight reel that TMZ/ESPN put on after he was selected the whole nation got to see his missed tackles from last year...

Understand there to give there input, but to show negative play after negative play was pretty shitty...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen this before. All they talk about is the Browns on ESPN. This is amazing!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well from the highlight reel that TMZ/ESPN put on after he was selected the whole nation got to see his missed tackles from last year...

Understand there to give there input, but to show negative play after negative play was pretty shitty...

They usually show the players highlight reel, then show where he can improve. They did that with almost every player, except the guys that had almost no weaknesses.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Mock draft drinking game

Take a shot and make a toast whenever a player from your favorite college team is drafted
Take a drink every time your favorite college team is on the wrong side of highlight footage
Take a drink every time you switch between NFL Network and ESPN because a commercial is on
Take a drink every time Michael Irvin or Ray Lewis just agree with the majority opinion and add no relevant content
Take a drink every time Chris Berman says something not in this least bit relevant to what is going on
Take a drink whenever someone justifies a pick with 'you need ___ to compete in this division'

And if you are brave:
Take a drink every time someone thanks God when being picked
Take a drink every time they mention Manziel and its not the Browns turn to pick

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he isn't. His arm is mediocre, his athleticism is OK at a college level but not particularly impressive, he doesn't understand the game, and without very good surrounding talent no one would have a clue who he is.

Evans is legit and the best WR in this draft by far.

:laugh3:

You couldn't make less sense.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say I was surprised, and pretty happy, that JerryJ didn't follow his tendency (tho he's gone pretty conservative the last couple of years) to go with the glitz/glam/center of attention pick at 16. As JFF said, "Don't know if the world could have handled that, honestly." JerryJones could have caused a meltdown, and he abstained. Good for the Cowboys!

Jerry is the guy who passed up Drew Brees for Quincy Carter, which is the typical Jerrah on draft day. Glad he may be letting the player personel people have their way more than in the past...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel = Tebow in terms of draw/attention

And in terms of talent. He's not quite as bad of a passer, but he's not as much better as some want to pretend.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Houston pull the trigger now on little Carr????

I doubt it. They are trying to trade the pick from what is being "reported". That leads me to believe that they don't think Carr can be a franchise QB. They could wait till round 3 & take whoever is left out of Garoppolo/Mettenberger/Savage/McCarron.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if JDM is secretly Johnny Manziel. What's Manziels middle name?

Carr falling out of the first round restores my faith that NFL executives aren't run by a bunch of people who dont actually watch football