• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2014 NFL Draft Discussion Thread + Countdown

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My day 2 mock

2nd round

33 Texans QB Derek Carr
34 Redskins OL Joel Bitonio
35 Browns OG Xavier Su'a-Filo
36 Raiders QB Jimmy Garoppolo
37 Falcons TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins
38 Buccaneers OT Cyrus Kouandijo
39 Jaguars WR Marqise Lee
40 Seahawks DE Demarcus Lawrence
41 Bills DE Kony Ealy
42 Titans DB Lamarcus Joyner
43 Giants OT Morgan Moses
44 Rams WR Cody Latimer
45 Lions LB Kyle Van Noy
46 Steelers WR Allen Robinson
47 Cowboys DT Ra'Shede Hageman
48 Ravens OT Antonio Richardson
49 Jets TE Jace Amaro
50 Dolphins WR Jordan Matthews
51 Bears DT Timmy Jernigan
52 Cardinals LB Jeremiah Attaochu
53 Packers C Marcus Martin
54 Eagles WR Jarvis Landry
55 Bengals DE Kareem Martin
56 49ers WR Donte Moncrief
57 Chargers DL Stephon Tuitt
58 Saints CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste
59 Colts OT Brandon Thomas
60 Panthers DB Keith McGill
61 49ers WR Martavis Bryant
62 Patriots OG Gabe Jackson
63 Broncos WR Davante Adams
64 Seahawks DE Scott Crichton

3rd round

65 Texans TE Troy Niklas
66 Redskins C Travis Swanson
67 Raiders DL Louis Nix
68 Falcons OG Dakota Dozier
69 Buccaneers OG David Yankey
70 Jaguars TE CJ Fiedorowicz
71 Browns RB Carlos Hyde
72 Vikings CB Pierre Desir
73 Bills LB Jordan Tripp
74 Giants DT Daniel McCullers
75 Rams CB Phillip Gaines
76 Lions DE Trent Murphy
77 49ers C Weston Richburg
78 Cowboys S Craig Loston
79 Ravens WR Jared Abbrederis
80 Jets WR Bruce Ellington
81 Dolphins LB Carl Bradford
83 Eagles DB Marqueston Huff
84 Cardinals RB Jeremy Hill
85 Packers LB Chris Borland
86 Eagles DT Ego Ferguson
87 Chiefs QB Zach Mettenberger
88 Bengals LB Christian Jones
89 Chargers RB Tre Mason
90 Colts OG Trai Turner
91 Cardinals WR Paul Richardson
92.Panthers RB Bishop Sankey
93 Patriots TE Colt Lyerla
94 49ers DE Chris Smith
95 Broncos OT Cameron Fleming
96 Vikings CB Jaylen Watkins
97 Steelers CB Marcus Roberson
98 Packers OG Cyril Richardson
99 Ravens S Ed Reynolds
100 49ers DT Justin Ellis

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tweet of the night came from a Cowboys fan:

If Jerry takes Manziel, I'm gonna throw a shovel at a bitch!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young is good as gone. It's all about Ponder vs. Bridgewater this preseason for who gets the job.

More like Cassell vs Bridgewater. Ponder will never start another game as long as the former 2 are healthy.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't understand how u take that kid over lee

Lee - 6'0" 192 pounds
Benjamin - 6'5" 240 pounds

Which one do you thing will be the better downfield blocker? One of the reasons the Panthers stuck with Brandon Lafell, who is an average at best WR, was that he was a great downfield blocker. Benjamin could be better. Add in the fact that the Panthers have drafted WR's from USC in the past and none turned out to be very good. Throw in Lee's injury history and that is why you take Benjamin over Lee.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st Round Early Review

Top 5...I thought everyone did a great job except BUF. The deal (2 first rd picks) was out there for a long time...no one blinked...HOU got the best player in the draft and still in position to get a QB. A little surprised Fisher did not take Matthews if OL was the choice, but Robinson is a beast. JAX...they left some good players on the board, but a big need position and I think a good mentor to groom him...OAK...maybe we saw the McKenzie influence prevail, they could've taken Manziel and spiked up the gate for a yr.

BUF...I like the player, but not the move up for a WR in this draft?...maybe he was in play for the Bucs, but Evans would likely have been there. I thought were jumping up to get Mack.

6 -10...All solid...maybe Pettigrew is not the long term option...DET left some top CBs on the board.

11-15...Bears took my the last guy in my top 5 pool for the 15th pick...Shazier looks to be a great fit for a sub pkg...should help right away.

16-20...JJ held strong in DAL, solid pick...James went much earlier than I thought...Robinson was the more highly touted of the TN OTs.

21-25...CLE, they were smart...I don't know if he's the right fit, but @ 22, you roll the dice, still in position to get a #2 WR...love the Dee Ford to KC pick.

26-32...Benjamin going 29 to CAR made a lot of sense even if a slight reach...I like that pick. Bridgewater to MIN @ 32 might have made their draft with Barr in the fold.

Notables on the board...day two should be good as well.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st Round Early Review

Top 5...I thought everyone did a great job except BUF. The deal (2 first rd picks) was out there for a long time...no one blinked...HOU got the best player in the draft and still in position to get a QB. A little surprised Fisher did not take Matthews if OL was the choice, but Robinson is a beast. JAX...they left some good players on the board, but a big need position and I think a good mentor to groom him...OAK...maybe we saw the McKenzie influence prevail, they could've taken Manziel and spiked up the gate for a yr.

BUF...I like the player, but not the move up for a WR in this draft?...maybe he was in play for the Bucs, but Evans would likely have been there. I thought were jumping up to get Mack.

6 -10...All solid...maybe Pettigrew is not the long term option...DET left some top CBs on the board.

11-15...Bears took my the last guy in my top 5 pool for the 15th pick...Shazier looks to be a great fit for a sub pkg...should help right away.

16-20...JJ held strong in DAL, solid pick...James went much earlier than I thought...Robinson was the more highly touted of the TN OTs.

21-25...CLE, they were smart...I don't know if he's the right fit, but @ 22, you roll the dice, still in position to get a #2 WR...love the Dee Ford to KC pick.

26-32...Benjamin going 29 to CAR made a lot of sense even if a slight reach...I like that pick. Bridgewater to MIN @ 32 might have made their draft with Barr in the fold.

Notables on the board...day two should be good as well.

I mean, we saw TD make the same move for us when he traded multiple picks to land JJ. If Watkins pans out to be the beast WR we all know he could be, in a few years, this will be a great move for the Bills. They need a threat like that, big-game WR, a game-changing player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, we saw TD make the same move for us when he traded multiple picks to land JJ. If Watkins pans out to be the beast WR we all know he could be, in a few years, this will be a great move for the Bills. They need a threat like that, big-game WR, a game-changing player.

The biggest reason I don't like the Bills decision here is there is a good chance that pick next year will be a pretty high pick. I don't think Watkins all of a sudden makes them a playoff team. So that pick could easily be a top 10 pick in this next draft. Just like we saw with the Redskins in they took a chance and the team paid for it giving up the 2nd overall pick in one of the deepest drafts in recent memory.

I do however like the idea of getting a very talented receiver to help out the quarterback they invested a 1st round pick in the year before.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the decision either. Evans > Watkins and neither is worth 2 top 10 picks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the decision either. Evans > Watkins and neither is worth 2 top 10 picks.
I actually agree here. Waktins is probably worth a late top 10 pick but the package the Bills gave up? Heck no

Evans got his numbers because of Manziel and offensive pass interference. I dont think hell live up to his hype. He didnt play as fast as his combine numbers

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For ATL...they were close enough to being a consistent playoff team where one dynamic player could be the difference and Julio has proved to be a difference maker.

For BUF...do you feel like he's the piece to put them in the playoffs? Or is he just a good piece...so far I still think the AFCE hierarchy is NE, NYJ/MIA, then BUF.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree here. Waktins is probably worth a late top 10 pick but the package the Bills gave up? Heck no

Evans got his numbers because of Manziel and offensive pass interference. I dont think hell live up to his hype. He didnt play as fast as his combine numbers

Manziel has no talent whatsoever. The fact that he was a first rounder (or even drafted at all) is entirely a testament to Evans and the rest of his surrounding cast.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel has no talent whatsoever. The fact that he was a first rounder (or even drafted at all) is entirely a testament to Evans and the rest of his surrounding cast.
I'm not projecting Manziel as an NFL talent but he is one of the most talented college football players youll ever see. Its a different game.

What I'm saying is that Evans isnt that good. If we had him at Mizzou, he wouldve been a 3rd rounder

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest reason I don't like the Bills decision here is there is a good chance that pick next year will be a pretty high pick. I don't think Watkins all of a sudden makes them a playoff team. So that pick could easily be a top 10 pick in this next draft. Just like we saw with the Redskins in they took a chance and the team paid for it giving up the 2nd overall pick in one of the deepest drafts in recent memory.

I do however like the idea of getting a very talented receiver to help out the quarterback they invested a 1st round pick in the year before.

That's the head scratcher to me as well...Watkins will probably put up good numbers but imo BUF is still the #4 team in the AFCE and likely another top 10 pick next year.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For ATL...they were close enough to being a consistent playoff team where one dynamic player could be the difference and Julio has proved to be a difference maker.

For BUF...do you feel like he's the piece to put them in the playoffs? Or is he just a good piece...so far I still think the AFCE hierarchy is NE, NYJ/MIA, then BUF.

That I understand. But if they're confident in Manuel as a QB, he needs weapons. Watkins can be a legit #1, probably the best WR to come out of a draft since JJ/Green. I like the move, they just better hope they're not a bottom feeder this upcoming season.

JF puts up solid numbers, i'll be shipping you out his Browns' jersey and you're gonna wear it for the whole board to see. :suds:

Though, I do agree, take a look at my post up top.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Watkins will probably pan out for them to be a great player. At the same time they are a team with many many holes before they can be considered a competitor. When Atlanta traded up for Julio Jones he was considered that missing piece from them getting to the Super Bowl. Trading what most likely will be a premium pick next year is giving up a lot especially considering how deep this draft is and the talent that was still available when they would have picked.