• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 185,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Constipational Attorney, I have to say "no comment"

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
staples center he is toast there .. but who will pay for a new practice facility ? if he pays its his

lakers let the clippers practice there?

lol, we're doing a whole lot of speculating here, i dont know what is in the franchise agreement, but if the NBA is saying he is banned for life, i'd be fairly certain there is something in there saying they can do that, and consequences for breaking it.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least 3/4 of the league's owners will definitely vote for the Clippers to be sold ASAP...but probably all of them will vote for it.

The good ol' boyz club will be doing some soul searching by outing one of their own. Would love to see the vote tally and who voted for what. The owners will be setting a precedent which ever way they vote.:noidea:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good ol' boyz club will be doing some soul searching by outing one of their own. Would love to see the vote tally and who voted for what. The owners will be setting a precedent which ever way they vote.:noidea:

That is exactly what it is too. A boys club. They can do whatever the fuck they want with the owners. I don't get how people don't understand how the NBA works.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If any organization votes no, the public backlash would cripple them.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lakers let the clippers practice there?

lol, we're doing a whole lot of speculating here, i dont know what is in the franchise agreement, but if the NBA is saying he is banned for life, i'd be fairly certain there is something in there saying they can do that, and consequences for breaking it.

lol true but IDK .. sterling aint going to go quietly so knows

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does any of these morons ever study and read the bi-laws of the NBA before saying such stupid things?

Sterling will never get to court if the owners vote to remove him. He would be wise to sell now while he can. Potential buyers will see blood and lowball the buying price

Are you calling me a moron? And suggesting people should actually commit the time to STUDY the nba bylaws before posting on a message board? :laugh3:

most of us here have real lives. :L

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
People here are making some really dumb comparisons like dog-fighting and gambling. Rose and Vick's mistakes did not cost their respective leagues nearly as much as Sterling's mistakes will cost the Clippers and the NBA. North of 20 sponsors suspended or canceled their deals with the Clippers. That's a lot of coin involved, so the NBA had to act fast. It's not about how bad the mistake is, but about the financial consequences.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 185,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you calling me a moron? And suggesting people should actually commit the time to STUDY the nba bylaws before posting on a message board? :laugh3:

most of us here have real lives. :L

Word...I'm a busy man, I ain't got time for no looking at bilinguals an shit.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was more than just the recorded racist comments. He's been despised long before this. I think this was just the final straw.

Being hated id not a crime nor is it terrible for business...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 185,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic how for so many years everyone wanted Sterling gone because he was considered a terrible owner that was more concerned with lining his pockets than with putting a good product on the court.

Now that his team is relevant, they're going to force him out because his ho turned on him.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whoever votes to let him keep the team likely has some purty big skeletons in their own closet

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this on twitter and HAD to share:

John Moe‏@johnmoe·5 mins said:
"I'm glad the NBA got that all sorted out. Glad we don't have anything like that. Hey, who's playing QB for the Washington Re--" - the NFL

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People here are making some really dumb comparisons like dog-fighting and gambling. Rose and Vick's mistakes did not cost their respective leagues nearly as much as Sterling's mistakes will cost the Clippers and the NBA. North of 20 sponsors suspended or canceled their deals with the Clippers. That's a lot of coin involved, so the NBA had to act fast. It's not about how bad the mistake is, but about the financial consequences.

I said this yesterday and got ridiculed by some here. When you start costing the LEAGUE money, they WILL ACT.

You can fuck up EVERYTHING but the cash flow. Once that happens, you are OUTTA THERE

Some of you can either learn this lesson now, or wait until it hits you in the face in your real life. NOBODY is above the cash flow......C.R.E.A.M.