• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a private conversation with his domestic partner in which he told her she could do whatever she wanted to with whoever she wanted to but please just don't post it on social networks.

The world applauds.

Larry Johnson calls for banning all white people for life from the NBA.

not a fucking word

Larry Johnson will be dealt with by the Knicks.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver is HANDLING these reporters! Dude is looking very Stern-ish as a commish so far

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic how he didn't want Black guys at his games, now he can't go to the games. Perfect justice IMO.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 185,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I'm not sure this will stand up.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change the Clippers name immediately as well. It is synonymous with D. Sterling.

Plus that is their San Diego name.

Really? I didn't know that...I always liked the name "Clippers". Of course, I'm only a Clippers fan because I moved to Long Beach and hate the Lakers violently...but I'll stick with 'em regardless.

He had a private conversation with his domestic partner in which he told her she could do whatever she wanted to with whoever she wanted to but please just don't post it on social networks.

The world applauds his execution.

Larry Johnson calls for banning all white people for life from the NBA.
not a fucking word

Did he really say that? I never heard a word about it :shocked:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair though, the NBA is the only sport that coaches get fired because the star player does not like him... So with that logic, the players should be able to demand who they want as an owner... and it is clearly not going to be someone who does not like them...

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while i'm glad he is permabanned...it's a little funny that this occurred because of the least harmful racist thing he has done since he has owned the clippers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because it makes perfect sense as a black man to play for an owner who clearly hates black ppl. By saying he doesn't want black ppl at the game is basically saying he doesn't want any friends or family of his players to attend the game.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I know, is that lawyers are going to be excited to fight for sterling... THis is going to be a great case...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because it makes perfect sense as a black man to play for an owner who clearly hates black ppl. By saying he doesn't want black ppl at the game is basically saying he doesn't want any friends or family of his players to attend the game.

Who cares? They should grow up, toughen up, get a fucking life and move on.

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard someone had the idea to give every Clippers player the option of becoming a free agent this summer.

That would destroy that franchise pretty quickly I think.

Kind of curious but why would you want to destroy the franchise?

Sterling has been banned for life.... is going to have to sell the team, but unless you think the team should be disbanded, why would you want to destroy it?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Cuban is already coming out denouncing this. It's bullshit and everyone knows it.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abdul-Jabaar said it nicely:

“What bothers me about this whole Donald Sterling affair isn’t just his racism,” he wrote in an op-ed piece for Time. “I’m bothered that everyone acts as if it’s a huge surprise. Now there’s all this dramatic and very public rending of clothing about whether they should keep their expensive Clippers season tickets. Really? All this other stuff I listed above has been going on for years and this ridiculous conversation with his girlfriend is what puts you over the edge? That’s the smoking gun?

“He was discriminating against black and Hispanic families for years, preventing them from getting housing. It was public record. We did nothing. Suddenly he says he doesn’t want his girlfriend posing with Magic Johnson on Instagram and we bring out the torches and rope. Shouldn’t we have all called for his resignation back then?”

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I didn't know that...I always liked the name "Clippers". Of course, I'm only a Clippers fan because I moved to Long Beach and hate the Lakers violently...but I'll stick with 'em regardless.
yep, it is a term for a sail boat or some sech

5452.gif

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if you read some of his prior "racial conflicts", it's pretty evident that he saw himself as a slave owner. proud of his property's strength and ability, but not seeing them as equal

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abdul-Jabaar said it nicely:

“What bothers me about this whole Donald Sterling affair isn’t just his racism,” he wrote in an op-ed piece for Time. “I’m bothered that everyone acts as if it’s a huge surprise. Now there’s all this dramatic and very public rending of clothing about whether they should keep their expensive Clippers season tickets. Really? All this other stuff I listed above has been going on for years and this ridiculous conversation with his girlfriend is what puts you over the edge? That’s the smoking gun?

“He was discriminating against black and Hispanic families for years, preventing them from getting housing. It was public record. We did nothing. Suddenly he says he doesn’t want his girlfriend posing with Magic Johnson on Instagram and we bring out the torches and rope. Shouldn’t we have all called for his resignation back then?”

yes, and with all of that the NAACP still gave him life time achievement awards.