• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we'll see. I think that's what YOU would do.

LOL, the Village People told the Clippers they can't play YMCA at the games anymore

I wouldn't be in the situation. I'm above petty hateful bullshit.

But there are no grounds to force him out. He can and will win if they attempt to do so.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was like :wtf2: he's still married ?

Same here. Blew my mind when they started talking about wifeys off air, unofficial, interview. Some people just don't have any self respect. (I knew Sterling was a shitbag already. Never would have guessed so many were tolerant of him, including the NAACP.)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. Blew my mind when they started talking about wifeys off air, unofficial, interview. Some people just don't have any self respect. (I knew Sterling was a shitbag already. Never would have guessed so many were tolerant of him, including the NAACP.)

I wonder if that $1.9 billion net worth helps people to be tolerant of him?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so......

I don't know this guy from Adam, not a big nba fan, not a clippers fan.

He said some dumb things. yes. but is this where we really want to go? people are saying ridiculous things about what should happen now. he should lose the team over this? cheese and rice people.

a few weeks ago a guy got canned just because he donated to an organization that the far left didn't like. The thought police is coming to a neighborhood near you. Then Condi Rice.

of course what he said was wrong, but he has the right to think it and say it. are we going to throw him in jail? is that enough? fine him? really???

Absolutely nothing should happen.

Nice to know we have been breeding so many totalitarians among us. :L :rollseyes:

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably hated on EVERYBODY. She has over 100 hours of tape on him.

did he know he was being taped? doubt this would stand up in court. Isn't there a law against recording someone like that without them knowing???

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be in the situation. I'm above petty hateful bullshit.

But there are no grounds to force him out. He can and will win if they attempt to do so.

He has ZERO ad revenue and dollars......that's plenty of grounds to force him out. That's tangible proof he's costing the league money and damaging the brand.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so......

He said some dumb things. yes. but is this where we really want to go? people are saying ridiculous things about what should happen now. he should lose the team over this? cheese and rice people.

a few weeks ago a guy got canned just because he donated to an organization that the far left didn't like. The thought police is coming to a neighborhood near you. Then Condi Rice.

of course what he said was wrong, but he has the right to think it and say it. are we going to throw him in jail? is that enough? fine him? really???

Nice to know we have been breeding so many totalitarians among us. :L :rollseyes:

No, if he had said it publicly the league would have a legitimate case to take action. There are rules in place about public statements that are contractually agreed to and enforced, etc.

But a private conversation? They have nothing.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will never be any effort to disband his team either. They cannot and will not win that.

I don't think he sells. I think he tells the league to fuck off and there is not a thing they can do about it.

that's what should happen.......... but we'll see..........

apparently, the country has acquired a virus where you can't think or say personal opinions anymore........

The thought police.......... THATS what we need. :L:doh:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so......

I don't think he should lose his franchise, but the NBA does need to take action because his comments are detrimental to the league.

Yes, he has the right to think and say what he said, but that right does not mean he is free from the consequences of what he said.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has ZERO ad revenue and dollars......that's plenty of grounds to force him out. That's tangible proof he's costing the league money and damaging the brand.

No, it isn't. He has to fail to fulfill a contractual obligation to the league for there to even be any theoretical potential to force him out.

Then after that, you have to get his fellow owners to set the precedent that anything they say in private can get them booted out of the league.

There's no chance.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His ad revenue is already paid in full wheter the signs are up or not, and Im pretty sure he has more than zero dollars.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooh, I got negged by PIBuckeye for suggesting that people's words have consequences.

How will I ever get over the shame?:L

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His ad revenue is already paid in full wheter the signs are up or not, and Im pretty sure he has more than zero dollars.

THIS season. He's got zilch coming in once this season is over.

This isn't chump change we're talking either.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooh, I got negged by PIBuckeye for suggesting that people's words have consequences.

How will I ever get over the shame?:L

He lives in fantasy land. You beat me to the punch in responding. In the real world, in ANY business, if you screw up like Sterling did, your board or stockholders would have an emergency vote and get you out ASAP. There wouldn't be more than 5 minutes of convo over it either. Once you start costing the company money, you're done for.......that's the price you pay for opening your mouth to the wrong people. That's life.