• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They now have grounds to terminate his franchise

He's bad for business. Soon to have ZERO sponsors during the league playoffs, one of the best playoffs EVER?

Sterling is TOAST, you guys can cry about contractural obligations all you want. When you threaten the cash flow, things happen, contracts be damned.

No, they don't.

They will lose a lawsuit for hundreds of millions of dollars bare minimum if they do so.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you honestly think its only black people he thinks that way about? Lol

He seems like an equal opportunity dickhead to me.

Where did I say it was only black people?

In this particular case, we are discussing his comments about blacks......did I miss something here?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling will probably end up selling the team for a rock bottom price (which will still be tons more than what he bought the team for). I think that's what's best for everyone, especially Don Sterling.

It's reported that he could possibly sell the team for 1$ billion dollars, do to the LA Market.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they don't.

They will lose a lawsuit for hundreds of millions of dollars bare minimum if they do so.

There will never be a lawsuit.

Dude, he's out.....it's just a matter of time. He's done. They'll make a back door deal, he'll sell, make his money, and disappear out of the public eye.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's reported that he could possibly sell the team for 1$ billion dollars, do to the LA Market.

$1 billion? For the Clippers? Wow...

LA or not that's not worth it. They don't even have their own stadium.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$1 billion? For the Clippers? Wow...

LA or not that's not worth it. They don't even have their own stadium.

Yep all their doing is renting, Staples Center belongs to the Lakers & LA Kings, AEG owns Staples Center & 40% of the Lakers & they also own the LA Kings.

Clippers need to go to Pittsburgh, FACT!!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep all their doing is renting, Staples Center belongs to the Lakers & LA Kings, AEG owns Staples Center & 40% of the Lakers & they also own the LA Kings.

Clippers need to go to Pittsburgh, FACT!!

:agree:, but as long as Don Sterling doesn't come here with them!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, I wonder if the Lakers could just evict the Clippers from the Staples Center, then the Clippers would have nowhere to play.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the players stand strong & united against him. Them along with the sponsors are the only ones that could take Sterling down IMO.

We've seen other teams mimic the Clipper's show of solidarity protest...in some small way I think it shows the players are united.

I disagree the players and the sponsors are the only ones that can take Sterling down. First...the commish is going to levy the max fine & suspension. That in itself is not enough of course. After that I think other owners particularly those that know him well, will "encourage" him to sell the team.

That, along with vacating fan and sponsor support should be enough for him to realize that he's no longer wanted in the NBA circle...I don't think he will take a really lowball offer...he's going to get near market value imo.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen other teams mimic the Clipper's show of solidarity protest...in some small way I think it shows the players are united.

I disagree the players and the sponsors are the only ones that can take Sterling down. First...the commish is going to levy the max fine & suspension. That in itself is not enough of course. After that I think other owners particularly those that know him well, will "encourage" him to sell the team.

That, along with vacating fan and sponsor support should be enough for him to realize that he's no longer wanted in the NBA circle...I don't think he will take a really lowball offer...he's going to get near market value imo.

I don't believe max fines/suspensions mean anything to billionaires.

Clippers have a long history of not having fans so I think they could survive that as well.

I hope other owners could convince him to sell his team but psychopaths like Don Sterling don't really care what others say; in fact, they 'll go out of their way to defy them.

We'll see how this plays out tho. Should be interesting.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah a straight up bitch in my opinion. Im not defending Sterling but his GF is not far from trash. She knew that he was a racist when they first go together but she didnt care about it (or atleast put up with it) because sterling was a billionaire and she was enjoying his riches. but when they started fighting and sterling was about to kick her to the curve she SET HIM UP, she recorded the whole conversation and im sure there was someone next to her coaching her on what to say. Then she takes the recording to TMZ to get a nice pay day (which from what ive herd is anywhere from 500k-1mil)

this is what donald trump had to say on that too Donald Trump: Donald Sterling was set up by 'girlfriend from hell' - CBSSports.com

This just goes to show you just cant love these hoes

The Legality of Call Recording

Secret Recordings May Result In Civil And Criminal Penalties in California. - Avvo.com

She will be handing that check, and then some, to sterling.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question Sterling's got mental discourse. He's 81 and living in the 1814 United States. I believe he's got racism issues, I also believe that he was set up. If you listen carefully to the recording, he says, "I don't want to talk about this anymore" about four or five times. Then she says I'm sorry, Honey and pulls him right back into it.

If she's his girlfriend, why is she banging Magic Johnson? I hope he's wearing a condom.....HIV,,,,,,??? Maybe Magic thinks he can get the Clippers if Sterling croaks..............

I never liked Sterling, but this whole thing smells bad.....

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question Sterling's got mental discourse. He's 81 and living in the 1814 United States. I believe he's got racism issues, I also believe that he was set up. If you listen carefully to the recording, he says, "I don't want to talk about this anymore" about four or five times. Then she says I'm sorry, Honey and pulls him right back into it.

If she's his girlfriend, why is she banging Magic Johnson? I hope he's wearing a condom.....HIV,,,,,,??? Maybe Magic thinks he can get the Clippers if Sterling croaks..............

I never liked Sterling, but this whole thing smells bad.....

Who knows? Maybe he was set up. Maybe Magic wants to lower the value of the Clippers so he could buy them for peanuts? I think the problem with Don Sterling goes well beyond this incident tho. For me this is just the last straw.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why she kept on saying "what do you mean". She was trying to get all she could out of him from that call.
She's a worthless gold digger, he's a useless old racist, seems like a perfect match to me.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt he was setup, but he still made the comments...as to her, she is a bitch, but she'll latch on to another married rich guy looking for an exotic piece of ass.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt he was setup, but he still made the comments...as to her, she is a bitch, but she'll latch on to another married rich guy looking for an exotic piece of ass.

Yeah, um, no. Depending on your definition of rich, but she blacklisted herself from the billionaires (and up) club. Maybe a quick fuck in a bathroom somewhere for a new Kia...

Last edited by a moderator: