• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TNF, SNF, & MNF conversations

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like last year's Lamar, have you watched ravens this year?

He's been going through his progressions before trying to ad lib/run this year, handing it off almost every trip to the RZ instead of taking it in himself. Seems to me he's less worried about his stats and more worried about winning football games this year
Haven't seen many.
But from what I have seen, Ravens could be scoring 50+ points a game.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen many.
But from what I have seen, Ravens could be scoring 50+ points a game.

QB leading team to 5th most points scored in the league "but could be scoring 50+/game"

sheesh, now I know why you Bears fans ran Lovie Smith out of town when all he did was win football games and go to the playoffs, he failed to be perfect.

Call me crazy, but maybe the 11 guys on the opposing defense are stopping them from scoring 50+ every week

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe, I think I see what you're seeing. Lamar still has a terrible time making the proper decisions on those zone read options, and still hangs onto the ball far too often when he should hand it off. D's still key on him first and I can't count how many times a back busts through the middle, and all of sudden here's Lamar with the ball realizing that d-end didn't crash and now he has to try and make magic happen.
And while he's gotten better at throwing, and reading D's, he still leaves plenty to be desired.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sheesh, now I know why you Bears fans ran Lovie Smith out of town when all he did was win football games
Tired of hearing how the Bears sacked Lovie in a 10-6 season. They were eliminated from the playoffs in week 14 losing back-to-back games to the Vikes and Packers. Sure they won the last 2 games but those 2 wins didn't mean anything as they finished 3rd in the division.
Plus, I respect what Lovie did, but he did nothing for the offense. Urlacher, Briggs, Peanut and Hester carried that team.

In Lovie's last 6 seasons, he made the playoffs once.

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always had a soft spot for Lovie, I always thought he was done dirty in Chicago...but his results in TB and Houston kind of put it in perspective. He hasn't exactly turned the Fighting Illini into much of anything either

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't exactly turned the Fighting Illini into much of anything either

That program was left for dead and he's literally bringing it back to life and getting them to the middle of the pack vs perennial doormat

Cornerbacks taken in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round, NYG are starting his QB right now, Cincy let Perine walk and drafted their RB
2023 was the heaviest drafted Illini class since 1996
figured you would've known something like that, since that was around the last time Nebraska was relevant :D

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That program was left for dead and he's literally bringing it back to life and getting them to the middle of the pack vs perennial doormat

Cornerbacks taken in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round, NYG are starting his QB right now, Cincy let Perine walk and drafted their RB
2023 was the heaviest drafted Illini class since 1996
figured you would've known something like that, since that was around the last time Nebraska was relevant :D
Lovie hasn't been the coach since 2020, never had a winning record, and one bowl loss. (My bad for the way I phrased the Ilini reference)

Brett Beilema had the highest drafted Illinios class, and their first winning record since 2007

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie hasn't been the coach since 2020, never had a winning record, and one bowl loss. (My bad for the way I phrased the Ilini reference)

Brett Beilema had the highest drafted Illinios class, and their first winning record since 2007

Those kids weren't drafted as freshman, who got them to Illinois? Witherspoon was recruited in '18

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just add, near the end of Lovie's tenure with the Bears, they had 4 former head coaches on the staff: Martz, Marinelli, Tice and of course Lovie. Yet the offense ranked in the bottom half of the NFL.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sun shines on a dog's ass?

I mean the dude is/was an amazing coach, just not a great HC... doesn't surprise me that he got some things right

Good reminder we need to get our dog's appt scheduled, no sun is getting thru that matted mess

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs really blew it by not making a move for a WR at the deadline. They just don't have any horses if you take Kelce away. And Rice doesn't have the savvy to win vs NFL DB's consistently, not yet.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs really blew it by not making a move for a WR at the deadline. They just don't have any horses if you take Kelce away. And Rice doesn't have the savvy to win vs NFL DB's consistently, not yet.
To make matters worse even Mr. reliable screwed the pooch last night with rare drops. .... never seen so many damn drops - yet the Chiefs have no one to blame but themselves constantly putting the crap that is MVS, Watson and Toney on the field and scheme them into game deciding plays then wonder why it didn't work out - news flash Andy, they are below average players and always have. Not even Mahomes can turn a turd into a gold bar.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To make matters worse even Mr. reliable screwed the pooch last night with rare drops. .... never seen so many damn drops - yet the Chiefs have no one to blame but themselves constantly putting the crap that is MVS, Watson and Toney on the field and scheme them into game deciding plays then wonder why it didn't work out - news flash Andy, they are below average players and always have. Not even Mahomes can turn a turd into a gold bar.
Well Tooney SHOULD be that guy, he's got the physical ability to be that guy, he just ain't.

And meanwhile sure handed reliable WR's like Jarvis Landry, T.Y. Hilton, hell, Cole f'n Beasley...rot away on the couch. Are those dudes gonna strike fear into DC's hearts? No, but they get open and they catch the friggin ball.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the crowd reaction, no one in that stadium has ever heard of Jack Harlow. No one seems impressed.

Same Detriot, samsies.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd Q, 5:32 remaining...

Goff incomplete to ARSB, with Jameson Williams looking like he beat the coverage about 15 yards ahead of the pass.

...just venting on my new addition in three leagues.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just venting on my new addition in three leagues
After the 4 turnover game last week, I felt good about starting Goff over Herbert this weekend (in 1 league).
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the 4 turnover game last week, I felt good about starting Goff over Herbert this weekend (in 1 league).
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.
Well, from a fantasy prospective he in turned in a 'decent' game given the garbage time score. ... real life and team-wise - no so much - certainly not this week.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as nice as Goff has been, there is a reason the Rams dealt him for Stafford.. today was one of those reasons. Stafford looks like he's done, but they got a SB out of it

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as nice as Goff has been, there is a reason the Rams dealt him for Stafford.. today was one of those reasons. Stafford looks like he's done, but they got a SB out of it
Well, I don't know who was suppose to be blocking Rashan Gary but they did a shitty job as well. .....