• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Timmay loves facebook lol

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. They have to offer it under their coverage, the fine upstanding Catholics they employ do not have to use it. I just do not see that as religious persecution and that's where I disagree with Tim. But you, and people I know in real life that I respect and like disagree with me.

I do feel bad for the Catholic church, its not like they ever tried or try to impose their will and ideals on anyone else.

we ... catholics ... wont ... ... be ... able .... to .... resist ... must ... resist .... cant ... very weak ... must not .... sin

its a slippery slope my friend ... whats next ... Priests doling out EVIL marijuana instead of the eucharhist at communion

/i might actually start going to church again

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys ever seen Monty Python's Meaning of Life? It's quite amusing. "Evverrry sperm is sacccccred, not one should be wastttteddddd!" Hah.

On a serious note, as a Christian it breaks my heart that the Catholic Church is now more known by their criticism of others than their love. It's horrible really. It's not about Jesus anymore (though the Catholic Church and Church of England have a history of this that goes wayyyy back), it's all about power. Disturbing.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole situation makes me think of this song.
@ 2:19 is very on point :sick:.

Seriously though I really dislike political discussions because they all become he said/she said garbage instead of focusing on the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is such a big deal made over a person voicing their opinion? The guy made a comment on his facebook page........so what. There are millions of people every day doing it on social sites and it's no big deal.

We all see it every day and as far as I'm concerned the people that take it personally are clowns if you don't like it move on with your perfect life. I don't always agree with what people say on their facebook or other sites but I am not going to get butt hurt over it. The difference here is he's a big time athlete and the media jumps on it and they know the sheep will follow.

I have more important things to do.

Punks trying to get on the lawn again? ;)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timmay could use a good pr person ... where is the team pr guy ?

He needs some serious help

well at least he knows his rights

Another day, another strange turn in the Tim Thomas saga.

The day after posting another politically-charged message on his official Facebook page, the Boston Bruins goalie balked at answering questions regarding his statement before cutting off the interview and walking away from reporters.

I’m going to use my right to remain silent,” Thomas said, courtesy CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty. “You have the right to ask the questions and I have the right not to answer those questions.

“This is my job. Facebook is my personal life. If you guys don’t understand the difference between individual and job, there’s a problem.”

Thomas then said “I’m out…peace,” before ending the interview and walking away.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not all about the religious mumbo jumbo... But he shouldn't have to restrict his personal life or beliefs to dodge the media. The media is just attacking the friggin' guy now, and of course all the Bruin haters are loving it. :coughJSTEWcough:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TTCondom.jpg

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish work didnt block your gifs...

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not all about the religious mumbo jumbo... But he shouldn't have to restrict his personal life or beliefs to dodge the media. The media is just attacking the friggin' guy now, and of course all the Bruin haters are loving it. :coughJSTEWcough:

lol

Thomas brought it upon himself and its much watch tv ... for a veteran player, he sure doesnt come across as very media savvy thats for sure

Popcorn-09-Psych.gif

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Timmy just needs some Fix-A-Flat?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO facebook is not your personal life..

he can believe whatever he wants, but in this country it's expected that athletes are focused on their game, not on what's going on around them

tim thomas clearly wanted to be in the spotlight, that's why he made the comments. that's a selfish move and an off-ice distraction to the defending cup champs, no matter how you look at it

btw i agree w/ him, and i like him, but this is a stuipd play and i dont blame anyone who is mad at him for doing it

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

like anyone else in the world..... If you are going to make a point of spouting your beliefs from the top of a soapbox, have the courage to discuss your reasons / logic / whatever other questions may come up. Anything else is either cowardly, or just trolling.
He's on a stage, and if he doesn't know how big that stage is after the White House thing, then he is even more of an idiot than we all give him credit for.

The media wouldn't be attacking him if he wasn't a stick-and-run pussy with this shit.
take Ted Nugent - very strong political leanings, possibly crazy as a shit-house rat, but he will sit down with everyone who asks him about those beliefs, and walk them through as many levels as they want to go. THAT is conviction in your beliefs, and whatever those beliefs may be, I respect that he is open to discourse about it.

the moment he skipped out on a TEAM function at the White House, it ceased to be a personal issue. and that's 100% on him.
before that day, no one gave a shit about what his beliefs were. Most of the media / fans probably still don't, but it's a selfish, arrogant, and really quite stupid thing he has done to his team. They didn't ask for this. he's fucked up the White House visit for his teammates, he's fucked up the allstar game for those B's that were there, and from their record since his actions, he's pretty much fucked up the room.

good on ya, Tim-ME

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nugent is the man. But yes, I see that logic as well... Still think its blown out of proportion, but I am also a homer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO facebook is not your personal life..

he can believe whatever he wants, but in this country it's expected that athletes are focused on their game, not on what's going on around them

tim thomas clearly wanted to be in the spotlight, that's why he made the comments. that's a selfish move and an off-ice distraction to the defending cup champs, no matter how you look at it

btw i agree w/ him, and i like him, but this is a stuipd play and i dont blame anyone who is mad at him for doing it

Facebook may be public domain, but it's still his personal life. Kind of like the route you choose to get from point A to point B. It's your decision, but you're doing it in a public space.

And why do we expect our athletes to focus only on their sport? Is that really fair? I know they get paid a lot of money, but they're still people, who have other things on their minds.

When I go home from work, I go home from work, and I don't think it's healthy for athletes to do anything but the same.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That DS is a smart dude.