• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Timmay loves facebook lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In any case, if I don't get hired/get fired for posting pictures of my homebrewing/scotch tasting sorts of events, because the company infers that I'm an alcoholic from them, I'll be pretty darned upset.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, filo. Companies have a funny way of determining what adheres to and what violates company policy. People really need to think twice before posting questionable content which can be easily linked back to them.

If people understood this, I might not have a job.

At least I wouldn't have those really funny moments to break up my day like when someone goes on a rant about their boss before realizing their boss is a "friend".

Or posting pictures of the Purple Drank on their desk on the 3rd shift. Cracks my ass up every time.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people understood this, I might not have a job.

At least I wouldn't have those really funny moments to break up my day like when someone goes on a rant about their boss before realizing their boss is a "friend".

Or posting pictures of the Purple Drank on their desk on the 3rd shift. Cracks my ass up every time.

Exactly. I am stunned at the number of people who use social media for anything which could potentially get back to them. Facebook is basically a giant trap waiting to ensnare you if you post anything remotely incriminating. I'm not saying don't use it, but I am saying think of the consequences.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thing with the facebook public v. private is this:

Tim's page is intended for his fans, and intended 100% to be his "I'm a hockey player, look at my work" page. This was not his personal page. If he had some private completely locked page for his friends and posted that, sure it's private. But he put this on a fan page. THAT is intentionally putting it into the public and bringing your team into it. So, while I agree with part of what he's standing up for and respect a man willing to put his beliefs in the forefront of his life, I disagree with the whole "it's his private page" idea.

On the companies using it: I'm okay with it to an extent, but agree that there needs to be restrictions, or at the very least a clearly dictated protocol from the company. My most recent job stipulated that I just not talk about the company while I was an employee. So, I could say "Wow, long day at work" but I couldn't say "I HATE YOU FOX AND THE HOUND CORPORATION!" or even "Fox and the Hound is cool, they have awesome wings" because of company policy. All in all, be freaking responsible on FB. No one needs/wants to see those pictures of you puking in your neighbors lawn after you got hammered on the 4th of July.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I am stunned at the number of people who use social media for anything which could potentially get back to them. Facebook is basically a giant trap waiting to ensnare you if you post anything remotely incriminating. I'm not saying don't use it, but I am saying think of the consequences.

Exactly. I get annoyed when people who do get caught on FB for stupid stuff, because IT'S THE INTERNET! Not that hard to find stuff. This stuff will never leave you either. I go to a school that's 100% dry, i.e. no drinking while a student at all, even after you turn 21 and off campus. Now, a lot of people don't follow those rules, but the idiots that post pictures from their kegger last weekend on FB when they're CLEARLY friends with their RA? Yeah, no pity for you.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maaaaaan, I'm willing to bet that when someone like Sean Avery made more liberal comments, people defending Timmy would have likely said Avery's political beliefs have no place in hockey.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maaaaaan, I'm willing to bet that when someone like Sean Avery made more liberal comments, people defending Timmy would have likely said Avery's political beliefs have no place in hockey.

Quite likely. The reverse, I'm sure, is also true.

Again, I have no problem with him posting what he wants to post. I just don't feel any sympathy towards him if the media takes what he said and runs with it.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's hypocritical to come onto a message board and post your opinions saying Thomas shouldn't be going onto a message board to post his opinions. And save the "he's a professional athlete" crap. We all have careers so that makes us professionals also. Considering that only 25-30% of Americans even turn out to vote, yet 95% bitch about the government in one way or another makes me applaud Thomas even more. As I said before, everyday our government makes laws to take more and more of our freedoms away from us. This isn't opinion, it's a fact. We pay their salaries and they don't do what we want from them.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. As I said before, everyday our government makes laws to take more and more of our freedoms away from us. This isn't opinion, it's a fact. We pay their salaries and they don't do what we want from them.

I agree on the shrinking of our constitutional rights. Problem is most people do not either care or pay attention because it did not come through on their IPhone or effect them (when it does). They do not get involved with the community they live and attend town meetings. It is a Major issue.

As far as elected officials DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. I do not mean you in specific Beantownmaniac but in a general term. Run for office, get involved. The people can change things and most do not believe that is true so they go through the motions and go to work punch the time card at 9 and again at 5 and go home and watch whatever sitcom or realty show is on that night.

I have said previously that Thomas should just stop pucks and basically STFU. I now am wondering if he was on the band wagon for Obama if this would have got the play it has gotten. I also said I do not want to get into politics on a sports forum and I have steered clear of this post for a few days. The state of this country is in bad shape. The amount of debt is unreal and I fear the future of this great country.

The forum that Thomas used is his choice as a American but it has brought unwanted attention to the Bruins. They are saying they don't care what he says but in private I can guaranty that it is a concern.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the shrinking of our constitutional rights. Problem is most people do not either care or pay attention because it did not come through on their IPhone or effect them (when it does). They do not get involved with the community they live and attend town meetings. It is a Major issue.

As far as elected officials DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. I do not mean you in specific Beantownmaniac but in a general term. Run for office, get involved. The people can change things and most do not believe that is true so they go through the motions and go to work punch the time card at 9 and again at 5 and go home and watch whatever sitcom or realty show is on that night.

I have said previously that Thomas should just stop pucks and basically STFU. I now am wondering if he was on the band wagon for Obama if this would have got the play it has gotten. I also said I do not want to get into politics on a sports forum and I have steered clear of this post for a few days. The state of this country is in bad shape. The amount of debt is unreal and I fear the future of this great country.

The forum that Thomas used is his choice as a American but it has brought unwanted attention to the Bruins. They are saying they don't care what he says but in private I can guaranty that it is a concern.

:nono:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our "Constitutional rights" have been "shrunk" and twisted enough.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read what you wrote as you agree on shrinking our Constitutional rights. Like you are OK with that. Was that your intent?

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before, everyday our government makes laws to take more and more of our freedoms away from us. This isn't opinion, it's a fact. We pay their salaries and they don't do what we want from them.

I was referring to Beantownmaniacs post and agreeing

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, I get it now. Good, I was ready to label you a commie bastard and have you deported.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 1994 in MA they passed a law that said "no high capacity guns shall be sold in this state"

That meant that the highest amount of ammo that a gun can legally hold in MA is 8. Who has the right to tell me what type of gun I wish to own. Luckily they grandfathered all weapons pre ban. Thus I still carry my glock 19 with 15 in the clip and one in the tube.

That is shrinking of rights. I am greatly against anyone telling me what I can or cant do as far as my rights granted to us by the Declaration of Independence

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8? Wtf, my little .380 holds more than that.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gomez scoring last night (after the Catholic Church told everyone to cheer for the Habs) isnt a sign for Timmay to start shutting the fuck up I dont know what is