• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Trade the Spaniard?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Pau and D'Antoni still aren't on the same page. Pau is bitching again about low post touches even though he has been pretty awful shooting from there. D'Antoni is questioning Gasol's effort. Rumors are that the Lakers are actively shopping him around again.

What the fuck happened to this dude. He was killing it until the 2011 playoffs. He seems to lack the desire seemingly since Phil popped him in the chest. I get that he's had some injuries, but I think I may be siding with D'Antoni. I think his substandard play has more to do with his effort than injuries.

Quit being such a passive-aggressive nitwit Pau. If you want more post touches, get your ass in the post. Demand the ball. Don't just settle for jumpers. 41.7% from the field this year? Absolutely awful for a big man, especially one of your caliber Pau. Love ya Pau, but it may be time to move on.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'Antoni is a liability. I thought he had been exposed as a fraud years a couple of teams ago?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau is the bigger liability now. He is the one actually playing on the court. Hard to have success when someone is half-assing it on the court.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both posts. Pau has stated recently that he would find a trade to Memphis "fascinating" what ever that means. Lakersrule, you are dead on. Pau has been atrocious beyond belief and now he is bitching?? Grow a pair ya freakin wussie Spainard. Trade him and Nash to Memphis for draft picks. Let the dude play with his brother.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to move on from Pau, it seems his days as a top big man are over.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both posts. Pau has stated recently that he would find a trade to Memphis "fascinating" what ever that means. Lakersrule, you are dead on. Pau has been atrocious beyond belief and now he is bitching?? Grow a pair ya freakin wussie Spainard. Trade him and Nash to Memphis for draft picks. Let the dude play with his brother.

I have a feeling Pau wouldn't find anything about Memphis "fascinating" after leaving LA.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost had CP3 for him. Not gonna get that level of player for him anymore. Not gonna get a decent 2014 first round pick for him. Maybe something in future drafts.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost had CP3 for him. Not gonna get that level of player for him anymore. Not gonna get a decent 2014 first round pick for him. Maybe something in future drafts.

I think they hold off as long as they can and wait for teams who need bigs for a playoff push right now. Other than that i agree. High draft picks for him this offseason i just don't see happening...

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau is being alienated in D'Antoni's shitty system. He was very good with Phil, decent with Mike Brown and now, nonexistent. He still has talent, sooo...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He bitched about getting the ball more, Don'tknowi threw him under the bus, he gets the ball tonight and misses his first shot. Played a couple of minutes and sat down with Kobe. It was Sacre and the second team that brought us back and now we can't keep up with OKC.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau is being alienated in D'Antoni's shitty system. He was very good with Phil, decent with Mike Brown and now, nonexistent. He still has talent, sooo...

No paint presence. Hill is the only big man who can score inside. You think Phil could do much with a team lacking a true center? Pau is softer than a tampon.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Pau for bitching. D'Antoni, for who honestly knows why, has had it out for Pau since day 1. Pau has talent, but its been D'Antoni who has refused to even smidge on his system to use him beneficially. While its true that Pau has been declining for 3 years or so now (age), I still think he's more than capable of being an effective starting center. His all-star days are over as are his #2 option days, but he can mostly certainly help a contending team. But he's a post player. He scores the best from there and he's amazingly gifted as a passer from the post. D'Antoni won't use that to his advantage so you might as well trade him if you can get a pick or a good deal in return. Just don't take back salary that'll stay on the books 2+ years.

FWIW, I don't care that he's halfassing. Go for it. The more losses, the better this year.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAU is not playing hard because he doesn't want to be a LAKER. It's because of the system. But PAU is declining too. But when he did try for once in a game it was in the game for the Philippines. Pau played very good. So it shows he's just not trying in normal games. One of the halftime crew said Gasol looks like he has concrete sneakers on. hahaha I hope they bench Pau for Kaman. Kaman's in the doghouse but I think D'Antoni can tolerate Kaman better than Pau at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly I want both gone. Pau for picks and a few younger players and DAnotni for anyone else. Pick a high school coach and it will be better

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No paint presence. Hill is the only big man who can score inside. You think Phil could do much with a team lacking a true center? Pau is softer than a tampon.

Phil would have him playing the way he WAS playing. Maybe not at the same level but not at the level he's playing at now. D'Antoni is a joke. Worst. Hire. Ever.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil would have him playing the way he WAS playing. Maybe not at the same level but not at the level he's playing at now. D'Antoni is a joke. Worst. Hire. Ever.

This says it all right here :laugh3:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8pV2v4wNJs]Phil Jackson Slaps Pau Gasol(For Being Soft) As The Lakers Fall Behind 3-0 To The Mavericks 5-6-2011 - YouTube[/ame]