• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to start talking draft

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense the first 7 picks after that best player available.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense the first 7 picks after that best player available.
I agree the draft has to be defense heavy, but I'm betting they go TE early and I'm not opposed to that. Witten needs to be replaced soon and I don't see his replacement currently on the team.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring trades I'm predicting
2 corners
1 safety
1 DT
1 DE
1 TE
1 OT
I'm not calling the order of the picks.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the draft has to be defense heavy, but I'm betting they go TE early and I'm not opposed to that. Witten needs to be replaced soon and I don't see his replacement currently on the team.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing them take either a wr or te.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring trades I'm predicting
2 corners
1 safety
1 DT
1 DE
1 TE
1 OT
I'm not calling the order of the picks.
I'd be surprised if we didn't take a WR

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the try to bring back TW. If not WR could be an option.
I'm torn on what I think will happen with TW. It all comes down to what he gets offered elsewhere. But even if he stays we need to add talent or Butler and Mayle need to get a lot better.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do have a WR on the PS that was a star in training camp early. Andy Jones. Romo loved him.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn on what I think will happen with TW. It all comes down to what he gets offered elsewhere. But even if he stays we need to add talent or Butler and Mayle need to get a lot better.
True, I just don't think another team is gonna price TW out of reach for Dallas. We'll see soon enough.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Charles Harris for the Boys. With Sean Lee and a HOPEFUL Jaylon Smith recovery (naturally want the Boys to fail since NFC but I'm a Jaylon Smith fan and it'd be nice to see someone recover from that) you're set on the inside, but the outside pass rush is still an issue. Randy Gregory seems to be a lost cause with his weed issues, and Charles Harris offers a decent pass rush threat that the Cowboys SORELY needed against Aaron Rodgers. Harris needs a lot of work if someone wants to go 3-4 with him, but the Cowboys are a 4-3, so it's a natural fit IMO where Harris can use his best assets.

I'm tempted to also go Sidney Jones, CB... but I think Harris fills the bigger need.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe putting the cart before the horse on Jaylon Smith. This is what I get for believing quotes from Jerry:

Smith's nerve, however, hasn't fully regenerated, and how long that process takes is unknown. Also, he's still dealing with "drop foot" as part of his leg injury and will probably need to wear a brace in 2017.

Five offseason issues for Cowboys: No. 2 -- Can Jaylon Smith become the 'outstanding' player Jerry Jones expects? | SportsDay

We were told before during and after the draft and all year long that all that matters for his recovery is the nerve. Not how he runs around in shorts or how he says he feels. But, I'll still try to stay optimistic on him for next year and hope for the best.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, I just don't think another team is gonna price TW out of reach for Dallas. We'll see soon enough.
I don't know what price "out of reach" is, but I'd expect him to get some offers.

I'm not very concerned about any of the Offensive FAs to be honest. The nature of the league is there will be turnover and you need to move on. There are some Offensive FAs I'd like back, but I think we can replace all of them without much of a problem. I am however concerned about some of the defensive FAs. Our defensive talent is a little weak to begin with and I don't want to go into the draft even weaker. I'd like to see us resign Claiborne, Church, Crawford and McClain. Most importantly I'd love to see us add more talent via the draft again. I don't expect a repeat of last years draft, but if our scouts can find guys that actually contribute as compared to just making the team again with our late picks we could take another step forward. Adding a pass rush will immediately make a lot of the defensive problems go away or at least not seem so pressing. A healthy Lawrence is step one of that. Maybe a consistent David Irving is step 2. Regardless we need to add at least one pass rusher in this draft.:2cents:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me as well, but some folks take a little longer to get over these things

It has taken me some time to come to this board. Just didn't want to face reality and let the season simmer a bit longer. I am so extremely proud of this team. What hurts the most is AR was going to win that game come hell or high water. Dallas played a heart stopping game but in the end could not overcome AR. I don't think anyone can. He just wills it to happen and it does.....

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe him wanting anything more than teh minimum allowed would mean a ticket out of town. If I can be the one to kick him in the butt as he crosses the city limit, I'd pay good money.

That guy is nothing but a drop machine, except when he does catch it he can't get out of bounds.

He seems to be really good at fucking up just at the right moment. I wouldn't mind him going bye bye in the slightest.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems to be really good at fucking up just at the right moment. I wouldn't mind him going bye bye in the slightest.
He certainly has had some ill timed fuck ups. Are any of our other WRs good blockers? He is actually a very good blocker from what I see and that is important on early downs (though not irreplaceable of course). Butler and Mayle just seem to get caught holding on the outside on big plays.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys looking at the salary cap? Some of these guys, like T.Williams, will be priced out of Dallas' range. Even at $4mil a year, Williams would be too costly, considering Dallas' other needs and the available money.

Unless Dallas blows their load and restructures a couple big contracts (I sincerely hope not), the Cowboys will be thrift shopping this year.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys looking at the salary cap? Some of these guys, like T.Williams, will be priced out of Dallas' range. Even at $4mil a year, Williams would be too costly, considering Dallas' other needs and the available money.

Unless Dallas blows their load and restructures a couple big contracts (I sincerely hope not), the Cowboys will be thrift shopping this year.

We can definitely shed his salary and replace him with a cheaper option. Hoping the cap bumps up and gives us a bit more breathing room.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can definitely shed his salary and replace him with a cheaper option. Hoping the cap bumps up and gives us a bit more breathing room.

I am all for replacing Williams with Butler. Butler can probably be had cheap, and I really liked what i saw from him this year. He has some playmaking potential.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for replacing Williams with Butler. Butler can probably be had cheap, and I really liked what i saw from him this year. He has some playmaking potential.
I like Butler, but I think he has a long way to go before he is going to be a decent starter and/or #1 if Dez is out again. He has shown potential for sure. But like many younger guys improvement is needed. I don't think he is quite ready for that and would be surprised if he is starting (in name only of course as Beasley is #2 regardless of who "starts") week one next year

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Butler, but I think he has a long way to go before he is going to be a decent starter and/or #1 if Dez is out again. He has shown potential for sure. But like many younger guys improvement is needed. I don't think he is quite ready for that and would be surprised if he is starting (in name only of course as Beasley is #2 regardless of who "starts") week one next year

Certainly has some work to do. I think he has much more potential than Williams. I would never expect Butler to be a #1 in this league, but a cheap #2 with some big play ability works for me.