• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time for a change

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look why is manning done ? answer me this fairly and I will listen ..People are not being fair to Manning ...

look let manning be manning and if he stinks I will gladly say cut his ass ...
1) he has zero mobility (our line sucks, we need a qb that can move the pocket or extend the play)
2) he can no longer make all the throws. Our offense is becoming frustratingly one dimensional with his limitations.
3) he is not fit for this offense, I question if he could run Moores old offense. His arm is terrible. His throws were so bad even the Chief defenders were shocked he wAs throwing right to them. And make no mistake, he probably could've thrown 2 more in the first half.
Look, I like the guy. I'm glad he was a Bronco. He brought a lot stability and credibility to this organization when we needed it desperately. So I get it. But I love this team, and he is not fit to run this offense anymore. It's actually painful watching him now, and he happens to be on our team. He's looked like shit ever since last year. Injuries, age, whatever. He no longer is what is best for this team. I can say that with great confidence.

DenBronc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox and Gase are terrific. Cutler has 13 TD passes to only 5 INTs this season, and he's done it with the Chicago offense decimated by injuries. I've never seen Cutler have tremendous poise in the pocket like he's had this season. They're the first coaches that have gotten Cutler to play up to his potential.

Fox will get you to respectability if you are garbage. He came to Denver four years ago and made the locker room more pleasant. It was very poisonous with McToddler.

However, he doesn't usually take you further than that. And, when he got his teams to two SB's, he needed four OT wins in 2003 to get the Panthers there, and he rode Manning's coattails two years ago.

As for Gase, maybe coaching Manning was holding him back because Peyton is so controlling.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning lost me yesterday - whether it is age or inability to decide he can't play because he is injured - I don't know, but he hurt the team. The All Pro - HOF QB now needs to prove something to me - I'd start Oz the rest of the season - let Manning heal up - any maybe he can get his last win or two in relief of Oz.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just Manning's inability to make the throws and evade even a moderate pass rush. His decision making on his throws has been horrid this year, and in all honesty he could easily have 20 picks this year. I don't know what is wrong with him, other than the fact he's just getting too old for this shit. I think Brock played well enough in relief yesterday that he should get the start Sunday in Chicago, no questions asks.

This team is bigger than Manning, and if he's the true "team player", captain, "do what's best for the team" type of guy, he and his ego can step to the side and give Brock his shot. Our OL has been sorry and certainly has played a part in Manning's assfunk play, but his decision making more than anything is what has cost us. Shit, we very, very easily could be sitting at 5-4 right now or something like that if our defense didn't win us a couple of games. We're 7-2 despite Manning's play.......it's sad to say, but it's the complete and utter truth.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too have finally come around to the reality that Peyton Manning is done. He may very well get another start this year to set the record but I'll be shocked if we don't see Brock most of the way from here on out. Now that he's been benched for poor play, he'll be benched even quicker if he plays and throws a pick.

It's obviously sad to see Manning like this but it happens to the best of them. At this point, I think his legacy would be better protected if he bows out gracefully and no longer subjects himself to the embarrassment that he's become. He's been great for our Broncos but it's time for a new chapter to begin. Thanks, Peyton. It's been a very fun ride!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning lost me yesterday - whether it is age or inability to decide he can't play because he is injured - I don't know, but he hurt the team. The All Pro - HOF QB now needs to prove something to me - I'd start Oz the rest of the season - let Manning heal up - any maybe he can get his last win or two in relief of Oz.

Same feeling I had.

He really lost me yesterday.

Can't blame the coaches on those passes.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning's at the point where he no longer can battle through injuries. This past Sunday showed that. When he's totally healthy, Manning showed he can get the job done. But he's going to be very ineffective from now on if he's injured. This is his last season I think.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better be his last year. This year should have been.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I Guess I am the only Broncos fan alive standing thinking my way . oh well .. I don't see a reason to bench a QB that never got the chance to play in what works for him ... last year and this year it was eat your spinach we know what right for you we will make you a better player for this team and all they really did was kill the best O in the history of football ..

I have a real problem shitting on greatness .. I have a real problem throwing away a chance at a SB ! you give the Broncos this D and the SB year O and this team had a very good chance to win the SB .

I am fine sitting Manning if they are not willing to let him be him ! Because what this staff and last years staff has done to him is flat out wrong !

What was going to hurt this team if we took off like wild fire our suck either way you get you answerer !?!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I Guess I am the only Broncos fan alive standing thinking my way . oh well .. I don't see a reason to bench a QB that never got the chance to play in what works for him ... last year and this year it was eat your spinach we know what right for you we will make you a better player for this team and all they really did was kill the best O in the history of football ..

I have a real problem shitting on greatness .. I have a real problem throwing away a chance at a SB ! you give the Broncos this D and the SB year O and this team had a very good chance to win the SB .

I am fine sitting Manning if they are not willing to let him be him ! Because what this staff and last years staff has done to him is flat out wrong !

What was going to hurt this team if we took off like wild fire our suck either way you get you answerer !?!

Manning be Manning...I assume you mean, no huddle, him directing traffic, running the show?

Coming off last year...where Manning kinda fizzled as the playoffs where getting cranked up...I think they wanted to lighten the load and have him be a fresher player as the regular season ended...but, physically Manning is struggling more than he did last year...I'm not sure he can be Manning of old to close out the season and continue into the playoffs.

Should he be benched? IMO, only if he's not healthy enough to play...Manning was brought back for one more run...finish what you started, Os is not taking DEN to the SB this yr....if the season were lost and you want to see what you have in Os...I can see it...you're leading the DIV in week 10.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't Oz take Denver to the SB? Defense wins Championships, and this is a championship caliber Defense. I've watched every throw Manning make, Oz could do no worse imo. The playbook is actually going to open up under Oz as messed up as that seems

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning be Manning...I assume you mean, no huddle, him directing traffic, running the show?

Coming off last year...where Manning kinda fizzled as the playoffs where getting cranked up...I think they wanted to lighten the load and have him be a fresher player as the regular season ended...but, physically Manning is struggling more than he did last year...I'm not sure he can be Manning of old to close out the season and continue into the playoffs.

Should he be benched? IMO, only if he's not healthy enough to play...Manning was brought back for one more run...finish what you started, Os is not taking DEN to the SB this yr....if the season were lost and you want to see what you have in Os...I can see it...you're leading the DIV in week 10.
The problem is Manning has no shot to get " healthy " the rest of the season. Even if you gave him 3 wks off. His body is too old to recover like in the past. Even if he did get the time off, chances he injures himself again is too strong. Injured Manning/ healthy-ish Manning doesn't give Denver anymore chance to SB than Oz so you might as well see what you got in the kid now because Manning for sure will not be back as the QB of Denver next year. Run Kubes system with Brock and see what you can build on or move on.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is Manning has no shot to get " healthy " the rest of the season. Even if you gave him 3 wks off. His body is too old to recover like in the past. Even if he did get the time off, chances he injures himself again is too strong. Injured Manning/ healthy-ish Manning doesn't give Denver anymore chance to SB than Oz so you might as well see what you got in the kid now because Manning for sure will not be back as the QB of Denver next year. Run Kubes system with Brock and see what you can build on or move on.

To be totally honest...I think Manning was finished last year...you saw glimpses of it late and in the playoffs ovbiously...now...with that history fresh, Elway (imo)...but maybe Elway and Kubiak decided to bring Manning back.

I get your point about the SB. The way Manning has looked lately, that might accurate too, but the reality is...7-2...I kind lean on another poster's comments...let the guy go out playing the style that made him successful...Kub's system might be the best thing in the world, but this is an old dog in most likely his last yr...changing an OFC system and expecting it to look as good as a system he's run for 18 yrs or whatever is unrealistic.

If this is about Kub's system over the season..., yeah...maybe it makes sense to give Os a stab at it, but again, 7-2 now...I say table the system for the rest of the year...If they can find a game or two for Os to get a look, okay, but I don't think you shut Manning down unless he can't go...they will be in the market for a QB next yr regardless.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm also wondering why Os can't go out and lead this team? I mean look at this past game against the Chiefs. 20 of their 29 points came off Manning turnovers. The defense actually played pretty outstanding considering the positions they were put in with the Chiefs actually having an average starting position in Broncos territory for the game. Osweiler doesn't have to go out and be all-world for this team to win. Mannign has played like the worst QB in the league and the team is still 7-2. So let's say Osweiler goes out and plays like middle of the pack and doesn't turn the football over. All of sudden life becomes much easier on the best defense in the league where they are able to defend 80 yards instead of just 40-50 yards. Now I know what Osweiler did was in garbage time where the Chiefs were probably not playing as tight but Osweiler did finally get the offense moving and was able to make some plays where he escaped pressure.

I would also add that Osweiler fits Kubiak's system better. Could this be what gets the run game going where we now have a QB that can play under center and Kubiak can actually run the stretch zone plays that make the run game so dangerous? Will that back DE instead of just running straight down the line actually have to respect the fact that Osweiler might keep the football? This switch changes the whole dynamic of the offense and what we can do.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also wondering why Os can't go out and lead this team? I mean look at this past game against the Chiefs. 20 of their 29 points came off Manning turnovers. The defense actually played pretty outstanding considering the positions they were put in with the Chiefs actually having an average starting position in Broncos territory for the game. Osweiler doesn't have to go out and be all-world for this team to win. Mannign has played like the worst QB in the league and the team is still 7-2. So let's say Osweiler goes out and plays like middle of the pack and doesn't turn the football over. All of sudden life becomes much easier on the best defense in the league where they are able to defend 80 yards instead of just 40-50 yards. Now I know what Osweiler did was in garbage time where the Chiefs were probably not playing as tight but Osweiler did finally get the offense moving and was able to make some plays where he escaped pressure.

I would also add that Osweiler fits Kubiak's system better. Could this be what gets the run game going where we now have a QB that can play under center and Kubiak can actually run the stretch zone plays that make the run game so dangerous? Will that back DE instead of just running straight down the line actually have to respect the fact that Osweiler might keep the football? This switch changes the whole dynamic of the offense and what we can do.

I guess I would look at this as if it were my team...yes, Manning has been carried by the DEF...if he physically cannot do it anymore and he's hurting the team...at 2-7, no doubt...I make the switch and I wouldn't go back to PM unless Os got hurt.

At 7-2, and 3 more wins lock up the DIV essentially...I at least give him the start vs CHI....it's kinda tough to turn the page midseason if Manning can still play...I wouldn't be as concerned with the system...if it meant turning back the clock and letting him go no-huddle, etc...I probably would go that route before I turned over a 7-2 season to Brock.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I would look at this as if it were my team...yes, Manning has been carried by the DEF...if he physically cannot do it anymore and he's hurting the team...at 2-7, no doubt...I make the switch and I wouldn't go back to PM unless Os got hurt.

At 7-2, and 3 more wins lock up the DIV essentially...I at least give him the start vs CHI....it's kinda tough to turn the page midseason if Manning can still play...I wouldn't be as concerned with the system...if it meant turning back the clock and letting him go no-huddle, etc...I probably would go that route before I turned over a 7-2 season to Brock.
He had essentially that system last season, and wasn't all that effective down the stretch. 2013 was fun to watch, but that version of Peyton Manning is gone now. Like the song says, Payton is no longer as good as he once was, but can can be as good once as he ever was. I think that once came against the Packers.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Bronco team is not 7-2 because of Manning, not even close. They are 7-2 because of this defense, they could easily be 2-7 if not for the spectacular play of this D

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had essentially that system last season, and wasn't all that effective down the stretch. 2013 was fun to watch, but that version of Peyton Manning is gone now. Like the song says, Payton is no longer as good as he once was, but can can be as good once as he ever was. I think that once came against the Packers.

You're right, but where I'm going with this is...maybe the old dog new trick thing needs to be tweaked to get the most out of the old dog...I'm not saying the Broncos are in danger of folding with Os, but I wouldn't be comfortable thinking I could close out the DIV with Brock. That's a lot to put on his shoulders with the team smack in the middle of the good season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I think of Osweiler plays good this week against Chicago it is going to be hard to turn the game back over to Manning even if he is a HOF. Listening to some of the players after the game talk his WR's especially did not call Manning "My QB." They seem to be very frustrated with this offense right now under Manning. I think the entire offense is not happen. CJ Anderson I think only got something like 2 carries. So again if the offense does much better in this next game how do you then switch back to the QB that just threw 4 interceptions in a game?

We will just have to see what Osweiler does in this next game. Honestly many Bronco fans were hoping that this would be Osweiler's season. The team needs to see if he is the future. This isn't like it is just some back up QB that you put in because you have no other choice. This is the guy that they drafted in the hopes he would be the man for the next 10-15 years. I think that changes things. Now say Osweiler goes out and plays terrible then yeah if Manning is healthy you make the switch back.

Not an easy situation but if played right could be huge for this team moving forward.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Bronco team is not 7-2 because of Manning, not even close. They are 7-2 because of this defense, they could easily be 2-7 if not for the spectacular play of this D

OFC avg PF 22.8...DEF avg PA 18.7.

I get what you're saying, but plenty of teams have had solid D and so-so OFC (one of them sent to b-t-b SBs)...if you don't think there will be a drop off on OFC...it makes sense to go with the younger guy, but I'm not sure about Os sustaining the OFC at the current level.