• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tigers To Hire Brad Ausmus As Manager

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing that Lloyd Mac....believed by some to be the biggest piece of crap that ever put on a pair of baseball spikes...has been hired to MANAGE a MLB team. I think that shows a total lack of respect to certain fans! Ditto for Gene Lamont. Seems he has some skills that were missed by a few. I have always felt that you can't tell every thing about a coach, just by a few moments of TV eyeballing. But, hey, what do I know?

Maybe not as much as the Pirates who fired his base stealing ASS! Or the number of other teams that never offered him another managerial job. Maybe the Mariners are just stupid!

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not as much as the Pirates who fired his base stealing ASS! Or the number of other teams that never offered him another managerial job. Maybe the Mariners are just stupid!

Sometimes I have to step back and remind myself that I don't know as much as I think I do. I usually do that by reminding myself that I don't know how to fix a car better than the STUPID mechanic at the car dealership. Or that I can't cook as well as the STUPID chef at the upscale restaurant. Or that I can't run a multi-million dollar hotel as well as that STUPID manager. And I know I can't run a MLB as well as that STUPID manager (who has spent 20, 25, or 30 years in the game). Yet, sometimes I forget and tell people that I can do these things - and more - better than anyone. Odd, huh? If I was only half as smart as I often think I am.....................

:rollseyes:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I have to step back and remind myself that I don't know as much as I think I do. I usually do that by reminding myself that I don't know how to fix a car better than the STUPID mechanic at the car dealership. Or that I can't cook as well as the STUPID chef at the upscale restaurant. Or that I can't run a multi-million dollar hotel as well as that STUPID manager. And I know I can't run a MLB as well as that STUPID manager (who has spent 20, 25, or 30 years in the game). Yet, sometimes I forget and tell people that I can do these things - and more - better than anyone. Odd, huh? If I was only half as smart as I often think I am.....................

:rollseyes:

Or maybe you just can't stop trolling the Tigers board?

McClendon was passed over for the Tigers job, fact. He has not been offered any managerial jobs since getting ran out of Pittsburgh, fact. The Mariners have been a complete disaster for years, fact.

But hey maybe you are not half as smart as you think you are?:laugh3:

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe you just can't stop trolling the Tigers board?

McClendon was passed over for the Tigers job, fact. He has not been offered any managerial jobs since getting ran out of Pittsburgh, fact. The Mariners have been a complete disaster for years, fact.

But hey maybe you are not half as smart as you think you are?:laugh3:

I am probably less than half as smart as I think. That is why I come here....to glean the knowledge from those here that are sure they know more than others. For example I was told by one authority that Leyland was a fool to play Ordonez over Boesch. Another expert (several actually) swore up and down that Ryan Raburn was the worst player in baseball. But....I can learn from my mistakes (highly doubted Max Scherzer), so I can also learn from the errors of others.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am probably less than half as smart as I think. That is why I come here....to glean the knowledge from those here that are sure they know more than others. For example I was told by one authority that Leyland was a fool to play Ordonez over Boesch. Another expert (several actually) swore up and down that Ryan Raburn was the worst player in baseball. But....I can learn from my mistakes (highly doubted Max Scherzer), so I can also learn from the errors of others.

That authority was me, And I was right on both accounts, I was also right about Inge, Geno, and JL.....I also predicted Prince Fielder to Detroit as well as Veras......I did predict Veras to Detroit, just not the outcome I thought he was better then that....

JL is a washed up bum and him stepping down further proves what I had been preaching for two years.:laugh3:

We had to listen to you talk about the D-backs until probably the all-star break then they finally started sliding and you got real quite about it after that.:laugh3:

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That authority was me, And I was right on both accounts, I was also right about Inge, Geno, and JL.....I also predicted Prince Fielder to Detroit as well as Veras......I did predict Veras to Detroit, just not the outcome I thought he was better then that....

JL is a washed up bum and him stepping down further proves what I had been preaching for two years.:laugh3:

We had to listen to you talk about the D-backs until probably the all-star break then they finally started sliding and you got real quite about it after that.:laugh3:

Sorry, I tried my best....but I am not any smarter after reading the above. (But I will eyeball it again - just to be sure.)

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can learn from my mistakes (highly doubted Max Scherzer), so I can also learn
from the errors of others.

Ha! You also predicted more than once that the Tigers would "fall back to the pack" this past season. But we all make mistakes. :whistle:

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! You also predicted more than once that the Tigers would "fall back to the pack" this past season. But we all make mistakes. :whistle:

How many games did the Tigers win the AL Central by???? (never end a sentence with a preposition!) :rollseyes:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games did the Tigers win the AL Central by???? (never end a sentence with a preposition!) :rollseyes:

As far as I knew, 1 was enough......Is there some rule that I'm not aware of that it should be 5 or 10 or some arbitrary number.:laugh3:

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I knew, 1 was enough......Is there some rule that I'm not aware of that it should be 5 or 10 or some arbitrary number.:laugh3:

People who can't follow along in a conversation....geesh. Makes you want to piss on a shoe or something. Lmao

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muzz....you have any opinion on trading (or not) VMart or Scherzer?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muzz....you have any opinion on trading (or not) VMart or Scherzer?

Sure, I always have a opinion. I'm open to trading both for the right guys......Vmart for a Hard hitting 3B with range and Maxie Poo for the kitchen sink, stove, mircro wave, big screen TV two daughters and a ranch on a Island on Jupiter.....If the right deal comes along sure trade them both, if not stay put and just add some BP help....Detroit is in the driver seat this offseason.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I always have a opinion. I'm open to trading both for the right guys......Vmart for a Hard hitting 3B with range and Maxie Poo for the kitchen sink, stove, mircro wave, big screen TV two daughters and a ranch on a Island on Jupiter.....If the right deal comes along sure trade them both, if not stay put and just add some BP help....Detroit is in the driver seat this offseason.

I don't see VMart being able to obtain a starting 3B, at least one that isn't just all defense and a weak bat. And I don't think I want to trade him for a middle relief pitcher. It makes sense to trade him and (as burf said) move Cabrera and Fielder to 1B/DH. I just don't think any team is giving up much to get a DH as a one year rental.

BTW...I hope DD actually explores a fantasy-type trade of Fielder to Texas for Ian Kinsler. Yes....the Tigers would have to eat a BIG chunk of cash to pull it off. But maybe Illitch's kids wouldn't mind cutting ties with a contract that runs on forever....even if it costs big bucks now.
:hope:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games did the Tigers win the AL Central by???? (never end a sentence
with a preposition!)

The Tigers won 93 games and locked up the AL Central early enough to mail in the last 5 games of the season. Meanwhile, Cleveland was blistering hot at the end of the year and got to 92 wins. That is NOT the definition of "falling back to the pack," and you know it isn't.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers won 93 games and locked up the AL Central early enough to mail in the last 5 games of the season. Meanwhile, Cleveland was blistering hot at the end of the year and got to 92 wins. That is NOT the definition of "falling back to the pack," and you know it isn't.

Yes, but you see, I don't really care that much about what I say. Others do, I guess.:noidea:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but you see, I don't really care that much about what I say. Others do, I guess.

Gonna call out BS when I see it, as do you.

uofmarmyguy

Meat Popsicle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronnie, please make like a fetus, and head out!

That is all

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I liked that Iffy guy a whole lot more. That guy knew his baseball....but he didn't take himself (or the game) to seriously.

So Nathan is interested in Detroit, huh? He'd be an expensive choice for closer. But if Detroit signs him soon, will that be the signal that it is pedal to the metal for 2014 and the checkbook is wide open?