• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tigers @ M's: May 17th - 19th

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another year where you can't make it out of May before you already know this is going to be a long summer until football season starts because baseball doesn't really exist in the NW.
4 Playoffs in 45 years...so ya. They should be embarrassed, but instead are laughing all the way to the bank.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL..... L...O...L......

Second times in two weeks guys... second damn time in two weeks.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what? SCREW 'EM. If they're going to quit on everyone this early, they don't deserve anything in the future. Had it been any other team in the league, they would not have kept a manager so inept on the team as long as they've kept Servais here. He'd have been LONG GONE.

I am SO GLAD we ditched our cable years ago. If I had to watch as they pulled this shit, I'd be pulling my hair out, if my heart didn't give out on me first! Fucking useless, all of them!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical question:

If Dipoto fires Service Wednesday, would that slightly boost your thoughts on him or no, his fate is tied to Service 1:1?

Personally think Dip is a better GM than Service is a manager, so I'd be a little relieved if that happened. It would at least mean they're not tied at the hip, which would be worse than simply having a manager who can't hang with an average GM.

Can't see them both going, but odds are they're both "here to hang tough through the growing pains." *barf*

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dipoto is such a good GM, why did he keep Servais this long in the first place?

Ownership needs to see this, to understand this. They say they want success in this city, then let them prove it to us, BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

I still think something's up. Vegas wants the A's, so who's bidding for us? After the Sonics debacle, I'm convinced you don't let a team surrender so badly without some kind of motive.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical question:

If Dipoto fires Service Wednesday, would that slightly boost your thoughts on him or no, his fate is tied to Service 1:1?

Personally think Dip is a better GM than Service is a manager, so I'd be a little relieved if that happened. It would at least mean they're not tied at the hip, which would be worse than simply having a manager who can't hang with an average GM.

Can't see them both going, but odds are they're both "here to hang tough through the growing pains." *barf*
At this point… I don’t care. I just want Servais gone. Like Wednesday gone. But if their fate are 1:1 then out the door they go immediately. But at the same time, if he fires Servais, my opinion will not change.

Also very disappointing to see a guy like Seager, who is a veteran in the clubhouse not having much of an impactful voice to help these young guys.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I keep saying offseason after offseason.

One of the Twitter response was perfection. The 95 group didn’t have players with a ton of winning experience as well…. But you know who they did had? They had Lou!

and how about this other response if you don’t like the 95 stuff! Since the hiring of the Dip/Servais pairing, winning managers such as Girardi, Francona, and Madden were available but decided to keep Servais.

Get rid of this loser already!

Last edited:

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dipoto is such a good GM, why did he keep Servais this long in the first place?

Ownership needs to see this, to understand this. They say they want success in this city, then let them prove it to us, BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

I still think something's up. Vegas wants the A's, so who's bidding for us? After the Sonics debacle, I'm convinced you don't let a team surrender so badly without some kind of motive.
As it's been noted here and elsewhere, it's not good to have a GM come with a Manager.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnbull was 3-17 in 2019… led the league in losses that year. And he no-hit the M’s. Yikes!

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical question:

I cant stand used car Jerry. That smug look on his face while he blows smoke up everyone's behind while his team sucks balls year after year just makes me sick. The guy was hired 7 years ago. What has he done to keep his job so long? oh wait its the Mariners, the land of no expectations and a crapload of marketing.

Remember how cool we thought things were going to be when the new owners took over? It's exactly the same as it was before, a silent owner who seems perfectly happy with losing.

Next year will be better, said every Mariner fan for the last 2323214343 years. It never happens.

Our championship in the first week of the season when we sometimes lead the division for a day or two.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I keep saying offseason after offseason.

IF Dipoto wont move on from Servais because of the buddy thing then it is ultimately on Dipoto. And if that is allowed to happen then its on whoever is above Dipoto

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical question:

It would give me alot more confidence in Dipoto going forward.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical question:

I would be a great gesture to the fans. But they are tied to the hip, and I really can’t see a single person who would admit he deserves to be fired like Jerry would be if he fired Servais.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how long has it been since this team has had an actual catcher

Agree 100%

If you are gonna be dumb enough to catch ... you better make sure you are plenty tough enough to do the job.

That skinny kid we had behind the dish last night looked pathetic.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team batting avg is now BELOW the Mendoza line ... an eye popping .199 ( 2nd lowest team is .227 )

All the other Ms no hitters in this season ( anyone doubt there will be a few more ? ) will likely accompany an * asterisk to alert future record mongers that it is a 'tainted no-no' - loses alot of the no hitter luster when facing one of the worst lineups in MLB history.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnbull was 3-17 in 2019… led the league in losses that year. And he no-hit the M’s. Yikes!

In addition, Turnbull had never gone more than seven innings in any of his previous 49 starts over three seasons.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we know is Servais has to go... He's obviously not a good teacher... With all this youthfulness on the team, now is the time to severe ties or this rebuild of young talent, will not meet expectations and we'll be back to the drawing board again...

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tbh, I can't think of much that Servais is good at. I'm sure he is a nice guy, but he definately does not even come close to having the skill set to be an MLB manager. As long as ownership is making money, nothing with this organization will change with Dip or Servais. Or maybe the owners are using this team's financial loss as a huge tax write off? Something weird is going on here IMO.

uh uh.gif