• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tigers @ M's: May 17th - 19th

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tbh, I can't think of much that Servais is good at. I'm sure he is a nice guy, but he definately does not even come close to having the skill set to be an MLB manager. As long as ownership is making money, nothing with this organization will change with Dip or Servais. Or maybe the owners are using this team's financial loss as a huge tax write off? Something weird is going on here IMO.

View attachment 271234
I can't see their revenue getting back to the way it was... They're preaching and implementing segregation right now at the games and that's not sitting well with fans who normally go to the games...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit totals last 8 games: 0,4,5,8,10,2,2,4

6 of the last 8 games they have 5 or less and 5 of the last 8 they have 4 or less.

That's a total 4.37 hits per game and that doesnt even included them being no hit two weeks ago by Means.

Also 4.37 is about average in terms of RUNS per game this year. But forget runs when you cant even get hits

If you wanna go the whole season they have 6.23 hits per game. And the question isnt are they in the last, its by how much. The Indians are 29th at 6.97 so they are no where close to anyone else

Last edited:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s not forget that they also had a close call against the Indians for the no hitter as well. They were no-hit until the 9th.

it is very obvious at this point that a fire sale is needed at the coaching level. Start with Servais then the hitting coach.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One reason the record is better then it probably should be.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One reason the record is better then it probably should be.
They also lead the league as of a couple days back with highest percentage of hits being extra base hits. Not a surprise. Hard to hit singles when you are swinging for the streets.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the Twitter response was perfection. The 95 group didn’t have players with a ton of winning experience as well…. But you know who they did had? They had Lou!

and how about this other response if you don’t like the 95 stuff! Since the hiring of the Dip/Servais pairing, winning managers such as Girardi, Francona, and Madden were available but decided to keep Servais.

Get rid of this loser already!
Lou was huge in that era. I agree we didn't have players with winning experience, but we also had 4 guys in that time period that were future Hall of Famers and we never made it to one single World Series. Maybe adding one or two winning players would have made that happen.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dipoto is such a good GM, why did he keep Servais this long in the first place?

Ownership needs to see this, to understand this. They say they want success in this city, then let them prove it to us, BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

I still think something's up. Vegas wants the A's, so who's bidding for us? After the Sonics debacle, I'm convinced you don't let a team surrender so badly without some kind of motive.
All of these can be true.

1) Ownership is overly cheap not nearly supportive enough of the baseball operations and mainly Dipoto

2) Dipoto's roster construction based on things like a 6 man rotation and relying on very few major league proven bats wasn't the best route.

3) Servais lacks the experience and personality to get the most out of his players or help them grow.

The most blame should always come from the top but none of these guys should be blameless in year 6 of a regime

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice to see a prospect come up and hit the ground running. Happens with other teams but never here

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked they didn't get rid of the loser Servais today. Guess I'll be even more shock if he last through the month... this guy have absolutely no methods to motivate and teach young players. Gilbert doesn't look like belongs out there man and it's against a not so good Tigers team, it's very disappointing and it may just be on the coaching staff.

If Servais last the entire season, it's the very M's thing to do.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked they didn't get rid of the loser Servais today. Guess I'll be even more shock if he last through the month... this guy have absolutely no methods to motivate and teach young players. Gilbert doesn't look like belongs out there man and it's against a not so good Tigers team, it's very disappointing and it may just be on the coaching staff.

They probably signed Servais to an extension when everyone else was thinking fire him.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert and Kelenik have been disappointing.... Clearly on mgmt and coaching... these two players are basically the only reason I’ve been watching the Mariners. Now there’s no reason to watch...

I have as much faith in this team as I do in Jay Inslee...

I am going to cancel six tickets that I purchased for the mariner Yankee game on July 8. Going to get a refund. Not going to go watch this crap

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So can we put to rest this fantasy about how 'Prospects' will carry this team to the playoffs? It doesn't work that way. Ask Trout how he carried the Angels to the playoffs and he is 100 times better than anything we will see coming up.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem with getting rid of Servais is there literally is no one step into the interim position. Is there a coach on staff that you’d prefer over him?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with getting rid of Servais is there literally is no one step into the interim position. Is there a coach on staff that you’d prefer over him?
Bring up Negron, he's the manager for the Rainiers in T town

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team flat out sucks under Servais leadership. He needs to quit being mr. niceguy and start kicking some asses and motivate these guys.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team flat out sucks under Servais leadership. He needs to quit being mr. niceguy and start kicking some asses and motivate these guys.
Meh if he did that it would probably just sound like John McClaren which I’m not sure helps anything. He’s just not that kind of guy