• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tigers @ M's: May 17th - 19th

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with getting rid of Servais is there literally is no one step into the interim position. Is there a coach on staff that you’d prefer over him?
In all seriousness though from the last response, Negron is probably not a bad choice if they want to experiment something "fresh"
At this point, I'm very sick and tired of Servais.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring up Negron, he's the manager for the Rainiers in T town
If I were him, that would a hell no if they offered him the interim position. Maybe pull Dan Wilson or Mike Cameron because IMO neither one want the full gig. Both know how to be pros which is what a young team needs. You got Seager and Haniger but neither seem like vocal leaders. They need at least one person who will call a players only meeting and air everything name. Preferably a nice fist fight to end it.

Marco is a legit vet but it’s going to be hard with all the young pitchers that will hit Seattle this year because Marco can’t relate to them. Trying to show them how to pitch is good, but that is a catchers job and there isn’t a catcher on the big league and I don’t think Raleigh is ready. You can an inexperienced catcher if the staff is seasoned, or a young staff with an experienced catcher. But you cannot have inexperienced all the way around. Gilbert I still am encouraged but he is being failed by catchers and his coach. Every offspeed he throws it squared up. So that means he has a massive tell that they aren’t picking up on.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Lewis did this.

He's slowed down since, but he certainly fulfilled what you asked for.
Very true. It’s easy to forget he still hasn’t had a full season worth of games

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 271322
Also this Root graphic maybe the stupidest thing I’ve seen. As if to imply the Tigers are suddenly playing out of their minds the last couple of days. Uhh there’s an obvious reason that explains that

Embarassing that a paltry team batting avg of .232 OUTSLUGS the host team.

There's nothing to panic about though .... just sit tight till next homestand and it's Marco Gonzalez bobblehead nite the end of May :thumb:

The Mariners have always been the 'little kid on the playground' that gets bullied. And nothing will change that culture that exists until another mgr like Lou or an ownership that holds players accountable and has a legit plan in place to field a true contender.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me and this is my interpretation is that the clock starts next year when Julio Rodriguez gets called up. The reason Jerry has been here so long is because he really sold management that this team needs to go in tank mode to start rebuilding the farm system. The two best prospects this franchise has since Jerry took over is Kelenic and Rodriguez so once they are both up to me then comes to scrutiny.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me and this is my interpretation is that the clock starts next year when Julio Rodriguez gets called up. The reason Jerry has been here so long is because he really sold management that this team needs to go in tank mode to start rebuilding the farm system. The two best prospects this franchise has since Jerry took over is Kelenic and Rodriguez so once they are both up to me then comes to scrutiny.
I think if Dipoto hadn't said multiple times that the timeline was sooner then this, it would be easier to stomach by fans.

We've gone from a 3 year rebuild timeline to, to they are definitely competing this year, to they should compete for a playoff spot, to hopefully they compete for playoff spot, to it will be tough to compete for a playoff spot. They have all been said by Dipoto at some point and most of them within the last 8 months. So when the goal posts keep getting moved back and you don't really trust him to make a decision regarding the manager then that's where you start to lose people.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series is why I can never truly get excited about the Mariners.