• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thurmond: Giant's secondary as good or better than Seahawk's

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else see this? Thurmond is a little more cocky than he was in Seattle.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Walter Thurmond did not waste any time making bold statements about his new team, the New York Giants.
Last season Thurmond was a member of the "Legion of Boom," the Seattle secondary that propelled the Seahawks to the Super Bowl. But Thurmond says the Giants' secondary, which he is now a member of, is at least as good.
"Oh most, definitely, if not better, in my opinion," Thurmond said. "The cornerbacks, and the whole defensive backfield at the end of the day."
As for himself, Thurmond was asked where he ranks among slot cornerbacks in the NFL.
"I'm the best slot corner in the league," Thurmond said. "I'll say that, for sure."

:omg:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Thurmond didn't learn from his substance abuse suspension last year..........

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the optimism, but his reality is a bit off.
Sherman and Thomas are the best CB and the best S in the league.
Maxwell played ahead of Thurmond, and bumped Thurmond to nickel.
And then there is Cam.

It was 420 the other day, is that when Thurmond was quoted?:lol:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with it, he's entitled to that opinion

Cornerback is a position that needs to be played with that cocky attitude anyways. I think the new team, new scenery, and the new York spot light is really allowing Thurmond to come out of his shell.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that he needs to be optimistic when discussing his new team, but I find it pretty hilarious that he is comparing a secondary that was maybe top-10 last year (10th in yards allowed, 14th in INTs, 6th in Passing Rating) against the secondary that was #1 in virtually every catagory (and it wasn't even close) and is in the discussion as one of the best secondaries of all-time, and he is stating that the former is definately as good, if not better.

Thanks for the laughs WT3!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many guys say their team and their unit on the team sucks?

If he said something dissing this city or it's fans in some way I'd raise an eyebrow, but this is just football players being football players. All good to me. And good luck to him.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put this in the "no big deal" column. He is just getting behind his new team. Good for him, it's what a player should do.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No biggie, he's just talking up his team.

I remember years ago when someone asked Lofa Tatupu who he thought the Seahawks should draft he refused to answer the question. He said that as a team captain he wasn't going suggest that anyone on the team wasn't good enough or that their position needed to be addressed in the draft.

Thurmond's just being a team guy, it's cool.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been Sherman'd by an ex player! He was like our third best corner behind Maxwell and Sherman. Let's see how he does without the best FS and SS in the league helping him out.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking up his team is fine. There is a Raider player out there (I forget who) talking playoffs and I would expect no less from players in the offseason but even he stops short of SB talk.
Comparing the Giants secondary (decent) to the Seahawks is like comparing a Hyundai to a Lamborghini at this point.
What WT3 should have said would be more along the lines of "We have a good secondary and with some hard work we can be as good as Seattle's". Not a big deal. He is a solid player but he can barely stay on the field between his knees and his stash, so comparing yourself to an all-time great is a bit premature.
Maybe Russell Wilson should start saying he is as good or better than Montana? How about if Bruce Irvin comes out and states he is better than Lawrence Taylor?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just talking up his new team. It will be interesting to see if he can stay this cheery and confident as the next season progresses.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just gives the media more to talk about in the lead-up to the game on November 9th and if the LOB happens to take it personally, even better.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just talking up his new team. It will be interesting to see if he can stay this cheery and confident as the next season progresses.

:agree:

Seriously, if he tells the local media that Seattle is the better team, the fans will boo him all season long. I have no problem with what he said.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect the LOB will give him a good ribbing for it right before they hug it out when NY comes to town.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can continue to call the Hawks the LOB, we'll just call the Giants LOL.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hey Sheila, schedule another drug test for Walter Thurmond, would ya?"

- Roger Goodell the minute he reads this article

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else see this? Thurmond is a little more cocky than he was in Seattle.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Walter Thurmond did not waste any time making bold statements about his new team, the New York Giants.
Last season Thurmond was a member of the "Legion of Boom," the Seattle secondary that propelled the Seahawks to the Super Bowl. But Thurmond says the Giants' secondary, which he is now a member of, is at least as good.
"Oh most, definitely, if not better, in my opinion," Thurmond said. "The cornerbacks, and the whole defensive backfield at the end of the day."
As for himself, Thurmond was asked where he ranks among slot cornerbacks in the NFL.
"I'm the best slot corner in the league," Thurmond said. "I'll say that, for sure."

:omg:

Maybe he was high during this interview….