• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on your favorite team preseason?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Good:

The Broncos defense looks like it could finally live up to the talent. Last year we had I think 6 of the 11 starters make the pro bowl yet still only had I think the 22nd scoring defense. So far this preseason on 9 drives they have given up 6 points and some of that can be blamed on the special teams giving up big plays. They lead the league in sacks and fumbles so far. When this off season started Kubiak and Phillips kept talking about how this defense would attack and force turnovers. So far they have shown they are going to do just that.

The OL--As much of a question mark as this was before the preseason I have been pleasantly surprised at how they have played and we haven't even seen Mathis yet. They especially have shown really well in the run game opening some huge holes.

Ronnie Hillman--When he came into the league he was the youngest player in the league. He has been very up and down so far in his career but this preseason with the switch in offense and some maturity it finally looks like it is clicking and he adds another unique weapon to this offense.

The Bad:

Our Starting WR's have either been hurt or just trying to play catch up with missing most of the off season. Because of that the timing with Manning has looked terrible so far. Not much time to get that fixed.

Special Teams--Very interested to see how this unit does this year. We had 2 kickers and 2 punters almost the entire off season and they all have had different times of struggling. Then you throw in our punt returners I think every one of them have dropped a punt at some point this preseason makes you worried every time the opposing team punts.

Overall I feel pretty good about this team. They have shown well in glimpses. It does look like the offense will be something that will try to continue to grow as the season progresses. Could be a little up and down to start the season. The defense looks in midseason form though so hopefully they can carry us for a couple of weeks.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
O-line was a concern but it looks better for pass blocking but not so much for run blocking.
With K Benjamin out for the year, if we don't get the running game going we will struggle on offense.
Defense appears to be quite studly. D line looks very good. Best line backing corps in the league and the secondary seems to be the best we have had in years.

We are going to need to win low scoring games like 17 to 13 this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-line was a concern but it looks better for pass blocking but not so much for run blocking.
With K Benjamin out for the year, if we don't get the running game going we will struggle on offense.
Defense appears to be quite studly. D line looks very good. Best line backing corps in the league and the secondary seems to be the best we have had in years.

We are going to need to win low scoring games like 17 to 13 this year.

I would argue with you on the best linebacking core. The Broncos have Miller, Ware, and Marshall who all got Pro Bowl or All-Pro votes this past year. Then you throw in the Broncos are getting back their defensive captain in Trevathan to join the group and I could definitely see how the Broncos have the best core at Linebacker.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I would argue with you on the best linebacking core. The Broncos have Miller, Ware, and Marshall who all got Pro Bowl or All-Pro votes this past year. Then you throw in the Broncos are getting back their defensive captain in Trevathan to join the group and I could definitely see how the Broncos have the best core at Linebacker.
Argue away but I would prefer ours.:suds:

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs - 1 out of 3 games the starting offense got things going. Then Winston got hurt. 3rd game didn't show much but an awful oline (2 rookies).

Defense hasn't been anything impressive either.

Going to be a tough year to watch thankfully we have a week schedule. Too early to say wait until next year?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just pre-season but to reiterate what other Hawk fans have said.

Tyler Lockett locks like the real deal. A punt return TD, a kick return TD, and a 67 yard pass TD. All with the first team units out there. He's one of those guys who plays fast. He doesn't lose speed coming out of breaks. He may be a real game changer for our special teams and do some really interesting things in the slot.

Frank Clark has been an absolute terror. Most of his dominance has been against 2nd stringers but he has looked good every chance he gets. If his play in the preseason is indication of how he will be in the regular season, the Seahawks DL might be better this year than it has been the past 2 years.

PhillyJoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense -
QB - Bradford has looked good and popped right back up after any hit he's taken. Sanchez looks average. The other two are below average.
RB - I'm not sure if there is a more stacked team in terms of talent. Murray, Mathews, Sproles, Barner, Mostert have all looked like legit starters at one time or another. Especially when running behind the 1st team offensive line they consistently are ripping 5-15 yard gains.
WR - A mixed bag here. Mathews looks like he may be in for a big year, Nelson Agholor has had some rookie fits, but certainly has the speed to play in the NFL, haven't seen anything from Huff or Cooper really, the lower end of the depth chart certainly has outperformed those two.
TE - Ertz hurt all preseason, Celek barely played, but that gave Burton the opportunity to shine, he looks really good.
OL - 1st string has looked anywhere from above average to excellent during the preseason. The 2 new guards do seem to "fit" the lines blocking concept a bit better. Depth is not very good.

Defense -
DL - This team is stacked at DL, even the depth has remarkable talent.
OLB - While the starters are both above average or even good, there is little depth, though thankfully Brad Jones can swing ILB and OLB, but a injury to Barwin or Graham would be disconcerting.
ILB - Also pretty stacked, but with injury concerns lingering on 2 of the 3 potential starters. Some of the backups will probably find homes on other teams rosters.
CB - Better then last year, I know it's not saying much, but the 1st team backfield is rarely getting beat deep and forcing a lot more tipped balls.
S - Is beginning to look like it will have good upside. Still growing, but again better then last year.

So the big IF is obviously Bradford.
The smaller ones are injuries to the OL, OLB, or DB's, avoiding them will be key for the Eagles this year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots have had lots of minor injuries. Guys will be coming back but the lack of practice and playing time together concerns me.