• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on your favorite team preseason?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it is hard to judge the Saints for a few reasons.

1) Brees basically only played meaningful time in one game and in that game we were 21-0 on the Pats before the starters came out. He did not play in the first and last preseason games and only played a series in the 3rd game so really hard to judge our offense. We have looked good with Drew leading the offense.

2) Our secondary is pretty banged up. Lewis, Browner, Byrd, & Vaccaro all been injured this preseason and have not played a game together yet.

Outside of that I do like the fact that the O-Line is clearly improved and we have established a clear #3 WR who will be a huge target just as Jimmy was in the redzone. The defense still looks very suspect but as I explained above it is very hard to judge with most of the starting secondary missing most of the preseason games due to injuries.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we havent seen your boy cadet even practice yet.

sucks, i heard good things about him.

cooks gonna have a big, big year for you guys.

enjoy browner...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we havent seen your boy cadet even practice yet.

sucks, i heard good things about him.

cooks gonna have a big, big year for you guys.

enjoy browner...

Even though a lot of people on here were so worried about the offense when we traded Jimmy, they will be just fine on offense. Defense is what I'm concerned about. Doesn't help that our best CB is now out 4-6 weeks either

What happened to Cadet?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though a lot of people on here were so worried about the offense when we traded Jimmy, they will be just fine on offense. Defense is what I'm concerned about. Doesn't help that our best CB is now out 4-6 weeks either

What happened to Cadet?
hes been hurt, all camp and preseason. hes practiced, but not the open ones...so literally no ones seen him practice our play outside of gillette.

browner will be a disaster for you guys if he doesnt have a #1 corner behind him.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth looks really, really good. Flat steamrolled some other team's 2's and 3's. Not a whole ton of clear looks with the starters. Their dress rehearsal, while good, was against the Titans first of all, and the Titans apparently weren't gameplanning that night.

Mitch Morse is quite a bit further along than I expected, and has definitely earned his job as a rookie center.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the pats:

with brady victorious, QB play is set barring injury

WR will be healthy and ready...

TE, gronk is ready and chandler may be the surprise addition to the team. id love to see a 2 TE set with both of them.

0-line will be ok.

defense...lines big and has depth. LBers, solid. much improved pass rush with sheard etc. flowers may get some playing time too, big sleeper as far as pass rushers go.

CB's...tons of questions. pats "#1" corner went undrafted and made literally 1 big play last year.

we remember that one...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes been hurt, all camp and preseason. hes practiced, but not the open ones...so literally no ones seen him practice our play outside of gillette.

browner will be a disaster for you guys if he doesnt have a #1 corner behind him.

Well he's the #2 guy. Lewis is our #1 but unfortunately he's out until October

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that franchise is a hot mess

As a lifetime fan who grew up in the 80s and 90s with Joe Gibbs and great ownership, it is truly a nightmare what has come to this one constant playoff threat. It isn't just the performance but the lack of fan appreciation and just overall genial lack of likability of the dumpster fire that ha made the last 20 years a horror show. When Tyrod got the starting gig for Buffalo (a likable, humble awesome kid who I loved watching at Virginia Tech) the transition was final. I had spent most of the last decade rooting for players more than the team anyway.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What happened to Cadet?

Saints...Payton/Brees is one of the best combinations in the league...they will move the ball...Graham was such a dominant player within the DIV...RZ production I still question until I see it without him. NO will be in the mix for the DIV...much like ATL they need to find some D.

Steelers...I really haven't watched much but I'm concerned about a slow start for the DEF largely because they have some young guys taking over and the top 11-13 guys have not been on the field much together due to mostly minor injuries. Cortez Allen looked much better in camp after a melt down at CB, and FA Boykin becomes one of the top 3 CBs...SS and FS...we just have to see...the early look is not encouraging.

Aside from Thurs night...they will probably be even or a slight favorite in the next 5 games before the gauntlet starts so I hope they can figure it out early. OFC...I think will be okay until they get Bell (2 gms) and Bryant (4 gms) back. Wallace should fill in okay @ C, and Ben has more solid weapons than he's ever had imo. Haley needs to be more creative in the RZ...take advantage of these big tall guys they have now. I expect the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals to battle it out again...with maybe 2 getting in the playoffs this time.

Falcons...Fix the DEF, OL, running game...those were the three tasks given the new HC Dan Quinn...The early look...the DEF will be much improved...the DTs were always good, but not playmakers...they were weak on the DE/LB...the LBs are better, they're getting edge pressure from Clayborn and the rookie Beasley has shown explosiveness getting TFL and enough toughness to play DE. At some point this season he will probably be a 3 down player if not out of the gate.

OL/running...the OL is shifting from a power blocking scheme to a ZBS that Shanny took from his dad....that made stable power blocking LG, Blaylock expendable and they don't think RG Osamoah (probably their two most consistent OL players last year) is suited for it either, so he's been running 2nd string...the guys that have played, haven't looked good...the sense I get is Osamoah will be on the field starting soon...the OTs have not looked terrible, but as a unit...not playoff ready. The young RBs all have take it the house speed...all seem to fit the 1 cut and go concept of the blocking scheme...but all have been nicked up and with the OL developing...there has not been much to talk about positive in the running game yet.

Schedule is light...DEF improving...Falcons can probably jump into that 9 win area and imo that will be in the hunt for the DIV.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints...Payton/Brees is one of the best combinations in the league...they will move the ball...Graham was such a dominant player within the DIV...RZ production I still question until I see it without him. NO will be in the mix for the DIV...much like ATL they need to find some D.

Remember this name. Brandon Coleman. 6'6 huge target inside the red zone. Had a tremendous camp and is our #3 WR

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason??? One serious injury. Much better than prior years, so I guess it's been a good preseason.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember this name. Brandon Coleman. 6'6 huge target inside the red zone. Had a tremendous camp and is our #3 WR
Noted...given he's kind of an unknown he could make a lot of plays early. But like you said...the Saints need the biggest improvement on DEF...losing Lewis for a month or more plus rookies getting a lot of snaps...idk if this is the year for a huge turn around in New Orleans, but 9 to 10 wins are within the grasp and that will go a long way in the DIV race.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel very hopeful about Denver's defense. Of course, I also felt optimistic a year ago, having added Ware and Ward. Big problem last year, however, was that Del Rio just didn't play an attacking style. Don't think that Phillips will make that mistake. Could have a very formidable pass rush and secondary.

The offense is certainly still a question mark, particularly a young OL that features two starters who have never even played in a regular season NFL game . Love the addition of Evan Mathis and I won't be surprised if we add a veteran OT before Week 1. Success in the run game, and I think we have the RBs for that, figures to key the offense.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks:

Pos-

*Stayed pretty clean of injuries. Back up HB Turbin blew a high ankle in practice. Not too much else to speak of. Just minor stuff so that is good.

*Tyler Lockett- Look like a real stud both as a returner and WR.

*Frank Clark looks like a beast on the DL.

Neg-

*OL looks absolutely horrible. Wilson will continue to have to run for his life.

*SS- KamC still a hold out. Would he actually risk pay checks over guaranteed signing bonus numbers?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants

Lost 3 YES 3 potential starting safeties to season ending injuries

Victor Cruz is more interested in doing commercials than getting himself ready for kickoff

The Oline looks like a mess again

Love the RB potential with Jenings/Williams/Vareen

If Beckham can get some help from Randle and james Jones, he should shine again

But they could have just a brutal defensive team

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, looks like a real sleeper to be great this season

Wouldnt surprise me a bit if he outperforms Colston by a wide margin

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started the preseason as a disgruntled Redskins fan. I finished preseason as a Bills fan because enough is just simply enough.

Matt Jones will be the one bright spot on the roster

That kid is legit and has HR potential like Alfred Morris could never dream of

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks:

Pos-

*Stayed pretty clean of injuries. Back up HB Turbin blew a high ankle in practice. Not too much else to speak of. Just minor stuff so that is good.

*Tyler Lockett- Look like a real stud both as a returner and WR.

*Frank Clark looks like a beast on the DL.

Neg-

*OL looks absolutely horrible. Wilson will continue to have to run for his life.

*SS- KamC still a hold out. Would he actually risk pay checks over guaranteed signing bonus numbers?
The line really hasn't looked "absolutely horrible" the last 2 games after shuffling Britt to LG and putting someone else in at RT. It hasn't been good or even above average, but it's improving and looks no worse right now than it did last year.

Concur on Clark & Lockett. May have struck gold with both of those first two picks from this draft.

Haven't lost anyone significant due to injury, which may be the best part of this pre-season.