• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on trading up

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would absolutely do a trade with the 49er's, so long as we got their #30, #56 and #61 for our #10 and #76...

I wouldn't like trading that far down in the first round. Mayhew's track record once you get out of the top 20 or so picks isn't very good, especially in the 2nd round (Mikel Leshoure, Titus Young, Jahvid Best, Ryan Broyles).

It is sad that I think like this, but I'd almost rather a pick they can't screw up in the 1st round, so I won't be too upset when the 2nd round pick doesn't pan out.:laugh3:

If our GM had a track record of finding talent and successful drafts -- I would absolutely love to see a trade like that.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trustme.... Maybe having Brian Xanders will change this ineptitude of Mayhew's... Every single draft pick is a chance that they will pan out. So far Mayhew has gotten away with very good to at least good picks out of the 1st round. Fairley might be the one ? mark as he could be a better and more consistent player who may very well not be here next year. I think you're wrong for not taking the chance at 4 picks between 30-61 versus 3 picks at #10, #45, #76... JMO.... Xanders could be the fix all and he is the one responsible for shaking up the scouting department and how they not only look at players but also how they processed reports. The scouting dept now, thanks to Xanders, meets regularly throughout the season, monthly, to go over said reports as a whole unit/dept. That could very well change the outlook on future drafts, IMO. Xanders wasn't brought in last year until January and so he has had months and months to get that scouting dept "Exactly The Way He Wants it to be. This year and next year should prove more as far as his ability to get better quality players... Slay being a CB doesn't count against Mayhew as it takes 2-3 years for them to develop. If Slay becomes a bust by end of 2016, then you could Slam Mayhew for that 2nd round bad pick.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Slay becomes a bust by end of 2016, then you could Slam Mayhew for that 2nd round bad pick.

That is why I didn't list Slay. Nor did I list Delmas, as he was quite good when healthy, but he just couldn't stay healthy much the last couple years.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this is ESPN Insider and found it to be intriguing

Schatz's recommendation: Khalil Mack
Conventional wisdom suggests the Rams won't take a pass-rusher here because Chris Long and Robert Quinn may be the best pass-rush bookends in the league. But let's think outside the box and stick with the tried-and-true concept of "best player available." Mack is not just a pass-rusher; he's an athletic linebacker who had 22 passes defensed and four picks in college. Football Outsiders' SackSEER projection system actually forecasts Mack as a better prospect than Clowney. In fact, it gives Mack the highest projection of any player of the past 15 years, moving him past the previous leader, Julius Peppers. It sounds crazy, but our system likes Mack's combine workout better than Clowney's, because while Clowney had the better 40, Mack bested him in three other drills that correlate well with pro pass-rushing success: the vertical jump, the broad jump and the three-cone. Put Mack at weakside linebacker and he can do what Von Miller does for Denver.

BB_72 in this particular thread they're are specifically talking about what player best fits the needs for each team in the top 5. This one is in reference to the STL Rams at #2. Two writers picked OT Robinson (I really don't understand the choice when they have Jake Long and just re-signed OT Roger Saffold). I do understand that Robinson should be an immediate upgrade over Saffold but I also believe that Robinson may take 2-3 years before becoming that heir apparent LT, coming from a school that strictly ran the zone-read option the last 2 years. One writer chose Mack and one writer chose Sammy "the bull" Watkins. I just think that the Rams should make their Defensive front 7 better, they lost CB Finnegan and have a desperate need for a FS as their other S is TJ MacDonald. Mack, IMO, facing the likes of Sea, SF and AZ seems to be a better fit at #2. He would replace Jo Lon Dunbar.