• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Carlos Gomez

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy always seems to be getting into altercations because he showboats more than the avg player.

Should someone tell him to dial down his act just a bit? Or are pitchers and another players too damn sensitive?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy is a complete psycho path

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happened?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he got into a fight.......again

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gomez needs to tone his act down. The bat flip is bush, and if you are gonna do it expect pitchers to say soemthing or brush you back.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really have a problem with showboating. Nor do I have a problem with an opponent verbally lashing out at someone who showboats.
When it gets physical, that is wrong since someone could die from a baseball or blow to the head, I mostly blame whoever is the aggressor in taking it beyond words. I mostly blame Gomez for starting it today. In the brawl with the Braves last year I mostly blame McCann even if he technically didn't take the first swing.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really have a problem with the showboating because it is just another sign of the times. They aren't going to change. Young overpaid athletes with super inflated egos are going to do stuff like this. Just don't act surprised when another young overpaid athlete with an inflated ego says something to you about your little look at me dance.

And I won't be surprised if Gomez gets suspended for this. He swung his batting helmet at another player and attempted to throw a punch. He also has a history with the league office for discipline. Hope he realizes now that his actions are going to hurt his team in the long run. Maldonado for the Brewers and Snider for the Pirates are likely to be suspended, as well.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really have a problem with showboating. Nor do I have a problem with an opponent verbally lashing out at someone who showboats.
When it gets physical, that is wrong since someone could die from a baseball or blow to the head, I mostly blame whoever is the aggressor in taking it beyond words. I mostly blame Gomez for starting it today. In the brawl with the Braves last year I mostly blame McCann even if he technically didn't take the first swing.

I agree, if you are going to showboat, be prepared to have someone say something. If you don't like it say something back. He's obviously a bit unhinged, and really I hope someone says something everytime he showboats, and even when he doesn't, so he continues to get ejected, and probably suspended. Easy way to take him off the field.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, biggest punk in this is Carlos Maldonado, sucker punch a guy that being held by one of your teammates, that is low even in the NHL. Guy deserves a very long suspension, double digits.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent player, short fuse. I am glad he's on my team, he's by far my favorite player. He definitely needs to tone it done. If you listen to him talk he's so easy going and friendly and soft spoken. Get him riled up and kaboom he goes off. But I don't ever have to worry about him not diving for a ball or running full steam or hustling. Gogo makes the Brewers tick.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant to say tone it down.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benches empty on Gomez's triple | MLB.com

Cole could have just let it go also but Gomez really has some issues if he can't take it when he showboats like that.

Worst part if he would have just ran hard he probably would have still had his HR, just instead it would have been an in the park.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a baseball fan for a long long time and never believed in or like their old unspoken rules. I liked it when Reggie Jackson stood and watched his home run fly off. I pitched when I was young and never once thought of throwing at the next batter for what the previous batter did. I just think some of these old unspoken rules are idiotic. I do believe if you throw at my guy I will do the same, that's one of those I think is a must. I honestly don't see what the big deal about the showboating is. You make a bad pitch live with it. If he hit and far and wants to watch it I say amen, he hit it. Gomez was wrong yesterday by starting the physical altercation, the rest I couldn't care less about.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an immature prick. The whole ordeal yesterday is because he was embarrassed because of the bat flip and trot when it was just a long fly ball. Then when Cole said something to him you would think he had just tried to murder Gomez's children the way that moron flew off the handle. He knew that had he been busting ass the entire time it would have been an inside the parker, with his speed. But, now he is gonna hear about it from coaches and teammates about admiring a triple :L

He should get about 3 games off for this, a series.

However, if you don't want someone watching a HR, don't serve it up. If you don't want to get a pitch high and tight, don't watch your HR. If you do something stupid like stand in the batters box on a hit that is in play, don't get rustled because a pitcher called you out for being an idiot.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of Cole saying something to Gomez, he should have just plunked him during his next AB. Problem solved.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of Cole saying something to Gomez, he should have just plunked him during his next AB. Problem solved.

That would have got Cole an ejection and fine, I don't think he is in any hot water now. :lol:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would have got Cole an ejection and fine, I don't think he is in any hot water now. :lol:

Yep pretty much, no need to plunk him. Cole got his message across, and Gomez acted like the psycho he is. I say this is preferable to the never ending bean ball wars.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really escalated things pretty quick, didn't he? Wonder if there might be something in his system that could cause dramatic mood swings and irritability like that. Can anyone confirm if he has been working out with Braun in the offseason? :whistle:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Cole should have made a better pitch. I really don't have any problem with what Gomez did.

In which I agree with Jon Morosi 100% about bat flips and on-field flair | HardballTalk

Both should be free to express themselves -- and entertain the paying customers -- as they wish, without fearing rebuke from the other.

Here's what I don't get, to the Gomez defenders (for lack of a better term), if Gomez is free to celebrate, and we should be ok with that. Why isn't Cole free to trash talk? The quote above is from the article, but that quote (and accompanying article) would leave me to believe we should be ok with both.

To me, if he wants to do that stuff, then be prepared to have someone say something. Reacting like Gomez did, just make it clear who the asshole was in the situation, and that is Gomez.