• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts after the Lions/Vikings game..........

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to say. That game was extremely ugly. Thank the dear lord for the defense, as they won the game for the Lions today, yet again. They gave up yards, but made plays when they had to.

I'm not sure what is up with the offense. They were a disaster again today. It is tough to figure out what is to blame, but it is pretty much the exact same lineup as years past, so I'm leaning toward the OC and scheme. They still found a way to win and in the end, the W is all that matters.

It is absolutely amazing to be 10-4 -- I'd feel a lot better if we had any type of consistency on offense. Never in a million years did I think I'd be saying our offense is going to be what ends up costing us this year.

I'm not sure if they have DC of the year -- but if they do, Austin should be the unanimous winner.

Lastly -- big shout out to Ebron. He continues his run to the OROY award with another catch. I think it is a toss up between Ebron and OBJ on who wins the award.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id have Jeremy Hill 2nd, Teddy 3rd then Ebron.

I was impressed we picked Bridgewater off twice. (Second one was Pass Interference, IMO). He hadnt done that in two months. (Was his second highest passing total on the season though.)

Not sure if we can play that bad and still win in Chicago, or not. But I don't want to find out.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully it was the Vikings at home. A decent offense would have put up 30. But fortunately we didn't have to play a decent offense. We got to play the Vikes at home. Both picks were just terrible throws by Bridgewater. But SOL DBs would have dropped them. Hopefully it was just a D letdown and a couple were feeling the effects of the flu. The offense just has to get better or it will all end in tears a lot sooner than we want it to. Barring a couple of upsets over the Eagles or Cowboys, we need 1 more win to see the postseason. I don't see us beating the Bears next week much less the Pack at Lambeau with that effort we saw today. It was not on Stafford today either, though he did miss a couple of critical passes that could have kept drives going... 3 by my count. The wide open Tate overthrow early on was the only really bad one, though. But I think that was on the 1st series. Drops, big plays called back, some iffy play-calling... Idk what it was but it has to9 get better and the talent is there.

On the other hand, if we beat the Bears and the Bucs upset the Pack in Tampa, I think we clinch the division based on conference tiebreaker, regardless of what happens at Lambeau. Stranger things have happened.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope it was the flu.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is tough to figure out what is to blame,

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is tough to figure out what is to blame,

Every throw Stafford gets smashed, aaaannndd we cant run. Is it really that hard to figure out why the offense doesnt go?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see for sure tomorrow, but I think the Bears have already packed it in for the season. Especially after this latest thing with their OC and Cutler. They're not beating anyone for the rest of this year IMO. That's not to say they can't win the game, but we would have to really beat ourselves for them to win. SOL are always capable of that, so we have to be on the lookout. But I really don't think it will take our best game of the year or anything to go in there and get the W.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions sucked today, but they won. I think they will be able to handle the Bears at soldier field if they try not to play like they did today. I posted on the NFL forum that I give the Lions a 50/50 chance at winning at Lambeau. Call me crazy but if the sidewinder can pick apart a sketchy GB D and the Lions D can do what they do best we have a chance at beating GB on their own turf

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Eagles finish at Washington and at the Giants. If they lose either game we're in the playoffs.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Eagles finish at Washington and at the Giants. If they lose either game we're in the playoffs.

Yea Lions clinch with a win or Philly loss in either week. Magic number for the division is 2.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was highly impressed that our coaching staff/GM thought Ebron was the 2nd best offensive player in the draft. Clearly he is much better than Mike Evans, Odell Beckham, Kelvin Benjamin, Carlos Hyde or Jeremy Hill.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes will have a strong D for as long as Zimmer is there. If Teddy evolves they'll be a pain for years.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles should be heavy favs in both.

Just beat Chicago then beat Green Bay and make it easy to figure out.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Lions clinch with a win or Philly loss in either week. Magic number for the division is 2.

Are we sure the magic number is 2 for the division? I thought even if we beat Chicago and Green Bay lost to the Bucs, if GB then beat us they would still win the division. Not that it really matters because Tampa isn't beating GB, but would that really give us all the tie breakers?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we sure the magic number is 2 for the division? I thought even if we beat Chicago and Green Bay lost to the Bucs, if GB then beat us they would still win the division. Not that it really matters because Tampa isn't beating GB, but would that really give us all the tie breakers?

Winning two would entail beating GB. We only have 2 games left now.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic number is wins and losses.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning two would entail beating GB. We only have 2 games left now.

I believe he is asking with a Lion win and GB loss next week does the last game matter? That plays out and we split do the Lions have a tiebreaker?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This scenario I think you are correct. Magic number is one not two. They would both have same division record at the end and a split means common opponent is third and conference fourth tiebreaker record is next.

We lost to Pats and Panthers. They would have loses to Saints and Bucs. So it would be conference record and in your scenario Lions are 9-2 next week and Packers would be 7-4 in conference. Pretty sure that give them the tiebreaker before their game in week 17

Are these the paint chips you spoke of?
I might be wrong here. Sure glad I understood the question you asked though.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Division Tie Breakers

1. Head to head - Tied if we lose to the Pack
2 . Division record - Tied if we beat the Bears and lose to the Pack (7-1)
3. Common opponents - If we beat the Bears and the Pack lose to the Bucs.

Pack - Div (6-0), Miami(W), Panthers(W), Saints(L), Pats(W), Falcons(W), Bills(L), Bucs(L) 10-3
Lions - Div (6-0), Miami(W), Panthers(L), Saints(W), Pats(L), Falcons(W), Bills(L), Bucs(W) 10-3

Still tied and that a wrap for this one for the season.

4. Conference Record - If we beat the Bears and the Pack lose to the Bucs

Lions 9-2
Pack 7-4

We'd be up by a game and clinch the division based on being 2 up in the conference record tiebreaker.

A highly unlikely scenario, but I think this is right.