• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts after the Lions/Dolphins game........

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing people say they hated the second punt fake, but I don't think that was on the coaches. I don't think it was "called", but the Dolphins baited Martin in to it.

Also, on the TD play, I'm glad we went for the kill. I was actually hoping they went for it on 4th down, if it came down to that. But I thought for sure Caldwell was going to run the ball and the clock, use the timeout, go to overtime. Before the last snap I was already pissed yelling at the TV " YOU BETTER NOT FUCKING RUN!!"

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"no man's land"

been wanting to take a vacation there for a long time, I hear good things.

Still pissed they cancelled Honey Boo Boo. :L

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty I'm glad to see Riddick making plays. When he played for Notre Dame he played with an incredible amount of heart. He wasn't the highest recruited back and maybe not the most talented but he was the best back and also gave the most effort. Theo Riddick, Golden Tate, who next Jimmy Freakin Clausen? Looking forward to the Lions vs. Packers matchup. Should be a great game, no doubt will be a big challenge. I actually think Detroit has more than turned the corner.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked both fake punts and going for it on fourth and six because Caldwell is known to coach very conservatively, he caught the fins napping two out of three times there.

In regards to the offense I think they did just fine against one of the best defenses.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit's schedule is pretty tough. I figured they would need to take 1 of 3 against Miami, New England, and Arizona to be a playoff team.

I am thinking a 10 win team will miss the playoffs this year. So for me the magic number is now 11 wins.

The win vs the Dolphins was pretty good I am just wondering if that was the same team that showed up for the Chargers last week? Miami looked like they were just happy to split between San Diego and Detroit.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been wanting to take a vacation there for a long time, I hear good things.

Still pissed they cancelled Honey Boo Boo. :L

Me too. This year's series with Uncle Creepy replacing Sugar Bear and reliving his years of love with the oldest kid could have made it interesting.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. This year's series with Uncle Creepy replacing Sugar Bear and reliving his years of love with the oldest kid could have made it interesting.

:what:

:puke::canada:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit's schedule is pretty tough. I figured they would need to take 1 of 3 against Miami, New England, and Arizona to be a playoff team.

I am thinking a 10 win team will miss the playoffs this year. So for me the magic number is now 11 wins.

The win vs the Dolphins was pretty good I am just wondering if that was the same team that showed up for the Chargers last week? Miami looked like they were just happy to split between San Diego and Detroit.

Dlphins looked like they wanted to win to me. They lost a tough road game to the lions, no shame in that. They almost won. Chargers dont have the lions d.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else feel like Levy( the ref)had a personal grudge against the Lions yesterday? I haven't seen that many holding calls in years let alone one game. As dominant as our d line is we have only benefitted like once or twice from holding calls that I can remember.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game plan was solid to me. What I liked the most is the new plays that were installed and how there were different plays ran from the same look. If Calvin catches the ball that was intercepted, that would've been a great call. I like how Riddick and Bush were in at the same time also.

I think we saw a lot of different things that the Lions can do. Stafford rolled out, the play-action was there, he went deep to CJ, the little WR screen game to Tate is impressive and is an extention of the run game and Bell was solid. I'd like to see more of Fuller also but while CJ, Tate, Bush and Riddick are healthy, I expect them to see the ball the most.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Tate lined up in the backfield a bit. That'd be a helluva wrinkle for the opposing defense. 'Specially with Ebron in the slot and Fauria tight to the line. The opposing LBs would have their hands way more than full in coverage on that one...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick Fuller and Megatron wide and have them both just run 9's to take the top off. One safety is going to bail with CJ every time, so someone is getting single coverage there, potentially Tate against a LB.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooooooh yeah TP, you're a genius. That should definitely be put in the playbook.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would work if there wasnt a gaping hole in the o-line...pass pro bro...pass pro

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We scored the game-winner to Riddick with only the 5 linemen pass blocking. I'm not saying build an offense around that formation or anything, but there's a lot of plays in the book that only rely on the 5 linemen to get the blocking done. Fauria in tight could also be swapped out with Pettigrew to give a better blocking option. Gotta be flexible...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would work if there wasnt a gaping hole in the o-line...pass pro bro...pass pro

Yes but with what TP saying you are using the 9's to just clear out. Truly no reason why you can't block long enough for immediate routes for the single coverage guys.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will broyles ever be a factor?

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick Fuller and Megatron wide and have them both just run 9's to take the top off. One safety is going to bail with CJ every time, so someone is getting single coverage there, potentially Tate against a LB.

Seems to me, Fuller and Calvin are already doing that? I haven't rewatched the Dolphins game, but it seemed like the coaches are worried about Calvin getting reinjured. IMO he was Randy Moss. No 'In' routes, no 'drag' routes, strictly deep and towards the sideline like Moss. Away from coverage. Which might seem like a good idea, but this is where big plays for other players happen when safteys and LBs are trying to lay the wood on Calvin over the middle and forget about a Ross or Fuller deep. As long as Stafford is reading the defense and not forcing the issue to Calvin, they shouldn't have to worry about him getting injured again. You cant game plan limitations like that.

I, for one, would like to see more WR screens. Not the 'smoke' type, but the 'bubble' where once the WR catches he has blockers. Tate or Calvin can do this. Line up Tate outside, Calvin middle, and BP next to him. Calvin runs a post, Tate flashes toward the ball with BP and an a couple O-linemen pulling to block for him.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat:

The Dolphins ranked 5th in the NFL in rushing entering last Sunday's game. They rank 10th in the NFL in rushing today.