• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts after 3 games

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Its 187 on a undercover Rooooooob!!! Lol

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts after 3 games, we may have the worst offensive line in football. What the fuck has happened to Reiff? Not saying he was great last year but he was efficient. Warford is coming off injury but he wasn't that good last year. Waddle was terrible coming back yesterday. Hopefully Warford and Waddle get their groove back quickly. Personally I'd throw Manny (probably our best lineman so far if you can believe that) in at Center and let Tomlinson and Swanson fight it out for LG.

I think most of our offensive ills come from the line problems. No holes so we can't run. No protection so we can't have routes more than 5 yards. I know everyone wants to blame Lombardi's play calling or Stafford's whatever is cool to rag on Stafford about today but the guy hasn't stood a chance with all the pressure he's getting. Lombardi has some blame in that but this is more about execution than play calling. I'm not giving Stafford a pass either. He has to be better. Rodgers has dealt with garbage in front of him damn near every snap of his career and he's done just fine but obviously Stafford is no Rodgers.

The Linebacking corps is the biggest issue with the D. Levy of course is missed but Tulloch has been garbage. He doesn't look like the same guy. At his age, coming back from this injury, I'm concerned the Discount Doublecheck ended Tully as we knew him. And as well as Whitehead played last year, what the fuck is going on with him?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to add, for the last few years, the O has carried the D. Finally last year the D was fantastic and the O dropped off. Now we have no O and no D and the 3rd unit, that I don't recall being any good my entire life, is probably our best unit. And I'm not saying it's GOOD.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to add, for the last few years, the O has carried the D. Finally last year the D was fantastic and the O dropped off. Now we have no O and no D.

Thanks Mayhew.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my favorite comment about the Lions game last night came from Tim Twentyman, who covers the Lions as part of his job -- basically he said, watching the game live, he thought the offensive line played terrible. After watching a replay of the game though -- the offensive line was much worse than he originally thought. You can't run the ball if you don't have a hole to run through.

The frustration of being a Lions fan -- you never get used to it.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post Bishop and I agree.

Its so wierd and depressing how bad the O-line sufdenly has become. At this point, there is no doubt in my mind that Rieff has declined and Warford isnt the player he was either. I bet Swanson at center is a real issue also.

Even though I'm not a fan of Bell, a 1.1 yard average tells a lot about this O-line. Even on the play action pass attempts, it never works because there is so much pressure.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of Kool-Aid?
SugarFree, maybe.

I'm not sure if he understands we're going to be three games back of the Packers and two back of the Vikings.

Calm is good, if you're a paramedic or something. But he said we need to be "a little bit better" in three or four different areas.

A little bit better in the run game and turnover department and we might get shutout next week.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell has lost touch as well. The offens eis a complete dumpster fire. Defense will most likely still be good enough when Levy returns, but not good enough to carry this team.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bro in law is a huge Bears and Bucks fan. Only silver lining to the Bears season is getting the no.1 pick and taking Bosa.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is us trading down AND spending a draft pick on O-line and them still sucking this bad. Coaching, plain and simple.

Hack OC stealing some other guys inventive offense from 10 years ago that everyone has already figured out how to beat.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post Bishop and I agree.

Its so wierd and depressing how bad the O-line sufdenly has become. At this point, there is no doubt in my mind that Rieff has declined and Warford isnt the player he was either. I bet Swanson at center is a real issue also.

Even though I'm not a fan of Bell, a 1.1 yard average tells a lot about this O-line. Even on the play action pass attempts, it never works because there is so much pressure.
How can so many players decline under a new coaching staff? Maybe it has something to do with scheme?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can so many players decline under a new coaching staff? Maybe it has something to do with scheme?

Combo of both. Warford is not the same guy since being injured. Reiff was never great to begin with. He's not awful but he's not irreplaceable either.