• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts after 3 games

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive line is just atrocious. It is embarrassing. I give props to Ebron for looking better in the passing game, but good god, he cannot block. Tomlinson was getting torched by Sylvester Williams (I think that is his name) -- he blew by Tomlinson one play and knocked him so off balance -- he helped tackle the RB. I'd love to say -- blow up the OL and start over, but if you spend two 1st round picks and 2 3rd round picks in the last handful of years -- that is what you basically did already.

I am by no means saying that the oline performed well, but after Lucas got benched and Waddle came in it was much improved. I think over time this line will become good, probably not this year though.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just....did not see this coming. Its ugly in Detroit right now.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is that Suh comment I expected to see. Only problem is -- The Suh-led defense in Miami can't stop the run (which I don't see how that is possible because Suh is the reason for the Lions success against the run last year), can't stop the pass and just had 41 points hung on them by Tyrod Taylor and the Bills.

Enough with Suh already -- HE IS GONE. Get over it and get over the fact, while he is a great player, he is only as good as the talent that surrounds him. Same goes for any DT, which is why you didn't see teams lining up to sign him in FA.

We have enough issues here in Detroit. If you want to talk about Suh -- Miami has a team board for you talk about him. I'm sure they'd love to hear how Suh isn't responsible for the failure of the defense and the coaches are holding back his talent.

Suh in Miami this year has nothing do to with Suh last year in Detroit. Go to the Miami board if you want to talk about Suh in Miami.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D carried this shitty O last year, all year.

That's the difference between 11-5 and 0-3.

The difference is also the schedule. The D looked better than it really is because the Lions played a weak-ass schedule last year. Even at 11-5, they were 1-4 against winning teams in 2014 (0-3 on the road).

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to watch the Bills out there tearing up teams with Tyrod Taylor and we cant win a game. I was laying in bed after the game wishing Linehan was still here.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is also the schedule. The D looked better than it really is because the Lions played a weak-ass schedule last year. Even at 11-5, they were 1-4 against winning teams in 2014 (0-3 on the road).

Yep. 11-5 on a cake schedule last year. 0-3 on a post playoff schedule. Just like last time the Lions made the playoffs and followed that up w a 4-12 season. How about that.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can mention other teams in that manner.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Blows whistle...)

Giving a warning to a Lions fans warrants a warning. Knock it off buddy. Lol

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh in Miami this year has nothing do to with Suh last year in Detroit. Go to the Miami board if you want to talk about Suh in Miami.

Newsflash -- It isn't 2014. Suh doesn't play for the Lions, so if you want to talk about Suh. Go explain to the Dolphin fans why he has led the defense there to being worse in every statistical category from a year ago, when they didn't have him. Or does Suh only lead a defense when they do something good, like in Detroit?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsflash -- It isn't 2014. Suh doesn't play for the Lions, so if you want to talk about Suh. Go explain to the Dolphin fans why he has led the defense there to being worse in every statistical category from a year ago, when they didn't have him. Or does Suh only lead a defense when they do something good, like in Detroit?

2nd warning.

Know your role, and shut your mouth about Miami.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having trouble finding the 6 wins I thought they'd get. The D will be adequate if they ever get Levy back. As for the offense, most has already been said. We have no running game. Abdullah breaking off 15-20 yards once or maybe twice a game is not a running game. Idk what's happened with Bell. He was never great but he used to hit whatever crease he saw quickly. He hesitates way too much now like he's looking for something to open up and he's going to beat someone or something. You're not that guy, Joique. The pocket starts to break down almost immediately most of the time. Staff isn't all that accurate with time and a pocket and he sure isn't going to have much success buying time with those wheels. Lombardi and/or Caldwell need a new plan for that side of the ball.... and throw the damn ball downfield once in awhile. If Staff's going to get picked it may as well be 40 yards downfield where Calvin has a shot at taking the ball away from someone... he can still do that as he showed last night. Another lost season.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having trouble finding the 6 wins I thought they'd get.

I predicted 7-9. Pessimistic, and I still won't even be close.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else catch what one of the announcers said about Lombardi. He claims Lombardi said sometimes he has to remember to stick with the run, as he is tempted to pass too much.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having trouble finding the 6 wins I thought they'd get. The D will be adequate if they ever get Levy back. As for the offense, most has already been said. We have no running game. Abdullah breaking off 15-20 yards once or maybe twice a game is not a running game. Idk what's happened with Bell. He was never great but he used to hit whatever crease he saw quickly. He hesitates way too much now like he's looking for something to open up and he's going to beat someone or something. You're not that guy, Joique. The pocket starts to break down almost immediately most of the time. Staff isn't all that accurate with time and a pocket and he sure isn't going to have much success buying time with those wheels. Lombardi and/or Caldwell need a new plan for that side of the ball.... and throw the damn ball downfield once in awhile. If Staff's going to get picked it may as well be 40 yards downfield where Calvin has a shot at taking the ball away from someone... he can still do that as he showed last night. Another lost season.

It's the change in blocking scheme from Linehan to Lombardi. Linehan used a 'power' man blocking and running scheme up front, which called for RB's hit the hole (or hit the middle even if there is no hole) quickly and try to go down hill. It suited Bell well. Lombardi uses a zone blocking system where linemen are moving to spots and RB's are waiting for seems and lanes to open up. Bell has struggled with it, as bigger/power runners might. Demarco Murray is struggling with the same transition moving from Linehan's system to Philly this year.

Last edited:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else catch what one of the announcers said about Lombardi. He claims Lombardi said sometimes he has to remember to stick with the run, as he is tempted to pass too much.

Perfect fit for Mayhew, that's why he was hired.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you listen to Caldwell's Post Game?

The dude said he just needs to be patient and stick to the run.

Nobody has ran the ball LESS!