• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts after 3 games

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are who we thought they were.

No run game because defenses don't respect Stafford.

Stafford still can't read defenses.

The staff doesn't trust Stafford to throw down field.

The guys Mayhew drafts don't match the schemes of the coaches he hires,

The only good players on D are Quinn and Ansah (Schwartz pick)

Ebron is a bust. No more talk about this loser ever becoming anything just because he's a Lion.

Austin is not the magician some fans thought he was.

This team will be lucky to win 4 games.

New GM in 2016.

Top 5 pick.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Defense was legit last night IMO. 14 points through almost 3.5 quarters? The turnover machine Matthew Cutler, with his timely fumbles and interceptions are to blame.

New GM in 2016.

Agreed. Mini-Millen needs to go down in flames with his prize QB that he drafted and built the team around. Passing on Aaron Donald for Ebron is a prime example.

Top 5 pick.

Jared Goff, Cody Kessler or Cook. Whichever one is the most accurate.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense was legit last night IMO. 14 points through almost 3.5 quarters? The turnover machine Matthew Cutler, with his timely fumbles and interceptions are to blame.

Agree, but games 1 and 2 exposed him as human. Manning did the Lions D a lot of favors with his limp passes.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but games 1 and 2 exposed him as human. Manning did the Lions D a lot of favors with his limp passes.

The throw on the TD was unbelievable. Biggest lame duck throw ever. Lucky it was Darius Slay trying to jump ball.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are who we thought they were.

No run game because defenses don't respect Stafford.

Stafford still can't read defenses.

The staff doesn't trust Stafford to throw down field.

The guys Mayhew drafts don't match the schemes of the coaches he hires,

The only good players on D are Quinn and Ansah (Schwartz pick)

Ebron is a bust. No more talk about this loser ever becoming anything just because he's a Lion.

This team will be lucky to win 4 games.

New GM in 2016.

Top 5 pick.

And Jim Caldwell is a one-year, weak-schedule wonder.

dengel6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone thinking 0-16 this year?:scratch:

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Jim Caldwell is a one-year, weak-schedule wonder.

Wonder is Ford Jr has the balls to clean house? Mini-Millen, the drunk, Creepy mustache coach, the out of his league O-coordinator.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone thinking 0-16 this year?:scratch:

I think they'll beat at least one losing team at home. My money is on the Bears game. 1-15.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Joey Bosa, Robert Nkemdich, Jared Goff, Laremy Tunsil or Coddy Kessler..

Looks like we have a shot at all these guys too.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually game 2 and 3 were the same. The defense did decent considering the offense turned the ball over 3 time at mid field or worse in both games. Game 1 was the only disaster. Austin's game calls and adjustments have not been very good. Blitzing on 4th and 1 and leaving no safety help, but yet on 2nd and goal at the 1 there was a safety 6 yards deep in the end zone.

Jason Jones is not playing very well. I think we should move on from him. Tulloch finally looked quicker and my not be a total loss afterall. Slay had a bad night but should be fine.

Offense barely putting up 15 points a game is the problem. They are actually even worse then last year. I wont repeat everything about the shitfest scheme. I will just refer to it now as the Amoeba offense.

Ebron has actually been very good so far receiving. Not sure why people are still making snyde comments about it. He has been better than 75% of the TEs in the league so far. His blocking is not good though.

Stafford is not reading defenses very well or seeing the field well. We also need to see more of Riddick and TJ Jones and less of Bell and Moore. The old farts should get less than 3 touches a game. Imagine what a good OC could do with the likes of CJ, Tate, Abdullah, Riddick, Ebron, and TJJ. All explosive players than score at anytime. Instead they are running 4 yard outs on every play.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually game 2 and 3 were the same. The defense did decent considering the offense turned the ball over 3 time at mid field or worse in both games. Game 1 was the only disaster. Austin's game calls and adjustments have not been very good. Blitzing on 4th and 1 and leaving no safety help, but yet on 2nd and goal at the 1 there was a safety 6 yards deep in the end zone.

Jason Jones is not playing very well. I think we should move on from him. Tulloch finally looked quicker and my not be a total loss afterall. Slay had a bad night but should be fine.

Offense barely putting up 15 points a game is the problem. They are actually even worse then last year. I wont repeat everything about the shitfest scheme. I will just refer to it now as the Amoeba offense.

Ebron has actually been very good so far receiving. Not sure why people are still making snyde comments about it. He has been better than 75% of the TEs in the league so far. His blocking is not good though.

Stafford is not reading defenses very well or seeing the field well. We also need to see more of Riddick and TJ Jones and less of Bell and Moore. The old farts should get less than 3 touches a game. Imagine what a good OC could do with the likes of CJ, Tate, Abdullah, Riddick, Ebron, and TJJ. All explosive players than score at anytime. Instead they are running 4 yard outs on every play.

Lions D giving up an average of 27 points a game, compared to 17 last year. The old guys are a year older, Levy has HIV and Suh is playing for some schmuck in Miami. Our D carried this shitty O last year, all year.

That's the difference between 11-5 and 0-3.

The good times are gone.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the defense looked great last night, especially considering we kept turning the ball over. I think if Levy comes back and is anywhere near 100% -- it is the only way Detroit wins a game is the defense carrying them.

On offense -- I don't even know where to start. Joique Bell should be shown the door. 20 carries for 22 yards. Only god knows why he led the team in carries last night? The one drive -- Abdullah gains 9 on first down. Let's take him out so we can hand the ball off to Bell, so he can lose 2 yards on the next play.

The offensive line is just atrocious. It is embarrassing. I give props to Ebron for looking better in the passing game, but good god, he cannot block. Tomlinson was getting torched by Sylvester Williams (I think that is his name) -- he blew by Tomlinson one play and knocked him so off balance -- he helped tackle the RB. I'd love to say -- blow up the OL and start over, but if you spend two 1st round picks and 2 3rd round picks in the last handful of years -- that is what you basically did already.

Stafford -- I don't even know where to start. I give him a little benefit of the doubt, as he rarely has time to throw the ball. I don't know the cap implications if he is released or traded, but Detroit needs to find a QB that can run for his life. Early in Stafford's career -- he piled up yards and TD's, so the turnovers were acceptable. In an offense that looks lost most of the time and a QB who looks confused -- it is time to fire anyone and everyone.

Lastly -- PLEASE trade Calvin Johnson. I truly feel sorry for this guy. No one deserves to be stuck in this organization for his career. They have turned Calvin Johnson into Brandon Pettigrew, throwing him 5 and 6 yard passes. He is 19 catches over the last two games and is averaging 8.5 yards per catch. What a joke.

Oh wait -- FIRE LOMBARDI. For the love of god -- FIRE LOMBARDI. And if Caldwell insists on running the ball up the middle and playing conservative -- fire him too.

You have a team drafted and signed to throw the ball DOWNFIELD. If you want to run the ball up the gut -- don't draft a speed back, who you don't want to give the ball more than 7-8 times a game.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions D giving up an average of 27 points a game, compared to 17 last year. The old guys are a year older, Levy has HIV and Suh is playing for some schmuck in Miami. Our D carried this shitty O last year, all year.

The good times are gone.

I dont disagree with any of that.

Does not mean it would be any different with Suh. He is not playing well either. This years D would be just as bad.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The good times are gone.

There is that Suh comment I expected to see. Only problem is -- The Suh-led defense in Miami can't stop the run (which I don't see how that is possible because Suh is the reason for the Lions success against the run last year), can't stop the pass and just had 41 points hung on them by Tyrod Taylor and the Bills.

Enough with Suh already -- HE IS GONE. Get over it and get over the fact, while he is a great player, he is only as good as the talent that surrounds him. Same goes for any DT, which is why you didn't see teams lining up to sign him in FA.

We have enough issues here in Detroit. If you want to talk about Suh -- Miami has a team board for you talk about him. I'm sure they'd love to hear how Suh isn't responsible for the failure of the defense and the coaches are holding back his talent.