• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thomas quote "We're different, we live to a different standard"

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'85 Bears :whistle:

But you all are stacked. And you get a lot of BS calls at home. just sayin

LMFAO!!!

We have one single bullshit call to go our way after a season of the refs not calling anything on our opponents all year and now we "get a lot of BS call at home"?!?!?

I guess that "a lot" is now defined as "one"?!?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and the competition back then wasn't so how would you say ... Offensive. Just look back At games in the 80's and the scoring, so either teams now are just WAY stronger on the offensive side of the ball or the rules make them seem that way ( we all know it's the rules that give the offense the advantage where as in the 80's the defense had the advantage ). Now take that into account when looking at what the Hawks Defense is doing and it becomes crystal clear. This defense would be better than it is now if they were playing in the 80's, scary thought isn't it?

It is for Vernon Davis :lol:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO!!!

We have one single bullshit call to go our way after a season of the refs not calling anything on our opponents all year and now we "get a lot of BS call at home"?!?!?

I guess that "a lot" is now defined as "one"?!?

I would say the hit on Richardson by Reid was a bullshit PF call. The WR can't run two steps with the ball, get run through by a guy, and then expect the refs to call a "defenseless receiver" PF. SF still didn't deserve to win based on offensive ineptitude in the 2nd half and constant injuries throughout the game, but to say that there was "only one call" isn't exactly accurate either. Both penalties extended drives from which your team scored IIRC, so those certainly are game changers. I know the Moody hit extended your drive from potential FG to 1st and head into the end zone. Can't recall if you guys got a FG out of the Reid hit drive, but I thought it DID result in a FG. That's a 7-pt swing, if so, which in this closely contested game, was definitely a game changer.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take the 2013 defense over 2014's and it's not even close. This years defense has failed to produce turnovers at the rate that the 2013 defense did. The Seahawks have the NFL's best defense this year, but it is not as dominant as that of 2013.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to go back and look, but how many of those turnovers last year came from lack of quality offenses (qbs in particular) compared to what they faced this year?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the difference now is that Kam and Wagner are really fresh after their time off. I'll also note that I think we are (now) better and deeper at CB than we were last year. The trade-off is that we're worse and thinner on the D line.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL wants more offense.... That's what makes playing great defense in this era ridiculously impressive.. I get about tired of the puzzy stuff they call against a defense...And some of these call's have nothing to do with concussion issues, but rather fantasy stat issues.... @#$^@#^ sometimes I get so pissed off when you consider how difficult it is to play DB in the NFL... Without defense it's just a bunch of guy's playing catch .... Good defense is beautiful in football... Nothing beats good defensive games... I hate watching teams just run up and down the field on each other.... EFFIN stupid!!!

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take the 2013 defense over 2014's and it's not even close. This years defense has failed to produce turnovers at the rate that the 2013 defense did. The Seahawks have the NFL's best defense this year, but it is not as dominant as that of 2013.

Meh, Turnovers are a kinda flukey thing sometimes. The book on Seattle is out. You have to run run run, short dump off dump off dink and dunk. Because if you challenge down field they will take the ball away.

So all teams are running uber conservative offenses which lead to less turnovers.

Add in the fact they've had some unlucky bounces with fumbles earlier in th eyear.... it makes sense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add in the fact they've had some unlucky bounces with fumbles earlier in th eyear.... it makes sense.

I was really tempted to make this point earlier, but then I went and looked up the fumble recovery percentages and they were almost exactly the same as last year. That said, over the last 3 games, the 'Hawks have recovered 2/3 of the fumbles by either team, so the distribution of those recoveries across games has varied significantly.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the hit on Richardson by Reid was a bullshit PF call. The WR can't run two steps with the ball, get run through by a guy, and then expect the refs to call a "defenseless receiver" PF. SF still didn't deserve to win based on offensive ineptitude in the 2nd half and constant injuries throughout the game, but to say that there was "only one call" isn't exactly accurate either. Both penalties extended drives from which your team scored IIRC, so those certainly are game changers. I know the Moody hit extended your drive from potential FG to 1st and head into the end zone. Can't recall if you guys got a FG out of the Reid hit drive, but I thought it DID result in a FG. That's a 7-pt swing, if so, which in this closely contested game, was definitely a game changer.

Hitting, especially in the head or neck area is illegal now. If it is violent looking, and subjectively close to the time the ball arrives, it will get flagged. Tackling and tackling properly is the new game.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of that is the way teams are playing us. I'm convinced of it. Last year we were still up and coming. This year teams are playing us very cautiously in my opinion. Look at the so called best QB in the NFL, he wouldn't throw towards Sherman even one time and he admitted it when Sherm asked him about it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are being unfair.
The last game played by our D last year was the shellacking at the Super Bowl.
Potentially, this years D has 5 or 6 more games to play this year and impress.
It is entirely within reason to see that this years defense could in fact eclipse last years defense.
Remember, it is how you finish.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had Reid wrapped up i bet they don't call it. With the way the rules are now you have to wrap up when making that big hit and there is a greater chance they will not throw the flag. If you launch yourself into someone the chances that a flag is thrown is MUCH higher. I do agree the Hit on Richardson was ticky tacky but he still caught the ball for a first down so that play did not "extend the drive".

The hit on Russell Wilson that turned into a TD was close but after what Ed Hochuli said about the play it made more sense. “I felt that he hit the quarterback in the chest with the hairline,” Hochuli told ESPN Seahawks reporter Terry Blount, “and that’s a foul unless he has his face completely up and would hit it face on with the face mask. It’s a foul, and that’s why I called it." Still the way the rules are in the NFL now all the advantage goes to the offense, which makes great defensive teams that much greater.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the roughing call on pitt vs atl...an actual sack... Brutal

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you see the replay of the Roughing call on Wilson you can see Hochuli in the background and you can tell that Wilson is between him and his view of the rusher's helmet, so he didn't see it clearly, though he still threw the flag.

That I think is the root of the problem here. Officials are erring on the side of caution, almost anticipating a foul, when they should be assuming there is no foul unless they clearly see one in front of them. If they're going to keep performing as they are now, I think it's time personal fouls became challengable and reviewed by a non-official. It's just getting out of hand.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitting, especially in the head or neck area is illegal now. If it is violent looking, and subjectively close to the time the ball arrives, it will get flagged. Tackling and tackling properly is the new game.

Reid didn't even blow him up! He literally ran THROUGH him and gave him a forearm shiver on the way after the initial contact. Richardson caught the ball, turned his head, took TWO FUCKING STEPS, tried to turtle his head into his body, and got his 120 lb ass rocked by a 210 lb safety that quite literally ran him over. The whole head and neck argument becomes a moot point if the fucking receiver drops his head down to waist level. Eric Reid is about as upright as you can hit a guy. If he launched himself, his momentum would carry him forward. If he led with shoulders and/or head, his head and/or shoulders would be pointed towards the victim.

See for yourself...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbn0pH1WSf8

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Reid wrapped up i bet they don't call it. With the way the rules are now you have to wrap up when making that big hit and there is a greater chance they will not throw the flag. If you launch yourself into someone the chances that a flag is thrown is MUCH higher. I do agree the Hit on Richardson was ticky tacky but he still caught the ball for a first down so that play did not "extend the drive".

The hit on Russell Wilson that turned into a TD was close but after what Ed Hochuli said about the play it made more sense. “I felt that he hit the quarterback in the chest with the hairline,” Hochuli told ESPN Seahawks reporter Terry Blount, “and that’s a foul unless he has his face completely up and would hit it face on with the face mask. It’s a foul, and that’s why I called it." Still the way the rules are in the NFL now all the advantage goes to the offense, which makes great defensive teams that much greater.

No it wasn't close. It wasn't close in real time to objective viewers and it turned into a pathetic call in slow motion. I don't expect someone as vain as Hochuli to admit that he fucked a call up so citing him and his explanation is silly. Pereira even said something to the effect of "I don't know how these guys are supposed to hit each other if this is a PF".

The blind homerism trying to justify, even if partially, a bullshit call because it went your way when exactly ZERO camera angles at ANY speed don't come close to supporting your claim seems a bit much. The Niners deserved to lose that game based on what they decided to do in the 2nd half offensively, but the entire game changes if these penalties which stopped drives instead of helped create more scoring opportunities were called as they should have been...and THAT would have made for exciting TV with a hated rivalry.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you see the replay of the Roughing call on Wilson you can see Hochuli in the background and you can tell that Wilson is between him and his view of the rusher's helmet, so he didn't see it clearly, though he still threw the flag.

That I think is the root of the problem here. Officials are erring on the side of caution, almost anticipating a foul, when they should be assuming there is no foul unless they clearly see one in front of them. If they're going to keep performing as they are now, I think it's time personal fouls became challengable and reviewed by a non-official. It's just getting out of hand.

:agree:

Good points.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wasn't close. It wasn't close in real time to objective viewers and it turned into a pathetic call in slow motion. I don't expect someone as vain as Hochuli to admit that he fucked a call up so citing him and his explanation is silly. Pereira even said something to the effect of "I don't know how these guys are supposed to hit each other if this is a PF".

The blind homerism trying to justify, even if partially, a bullshit call because it went your way when exactly ZERO camera angles at ANY speed don't come close to supporting your claim seems a bit much. The Niners deserved to lose that game based on what they decided to do in the 2nd half offensively, but the entire game changes if these penalties which stopped drives instead of helped create more scoring opportunities were called as they should have been...and THAT would have made for exciting TV with a hated rivalry.

Would you stop crying? The hit that Kam put on Davis a couple of years ago wasn't illegal either but I didn't cry over it getting called. If the refs see hard contact and something that looks like a whiplash then a flag is going to be thrown. That's how the league works these days.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you stop crying? The hit that Kam put on Davis a couple of years ago wasn't illegal either but I didn't cry over it getting called. If the refs see hard contact and something that looks like a whiplash then a flag is going to be thrown. That's how the league works these days.

Heres a good pic of the legal kam hit that was flagged....... But the point niner, is Kap and your O didn't even sniff the red zone all second half let alone got close to scoring a TD so the 3 point lead would of went to 6 and been just as insurmountable.

hi-res-158691110_crop_exact.jpg