• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thomas quote "We're different, we live to a different standard"

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it. So true. this already top 5 D. REally has stepped up and now their number 1 in basically every counting category there is.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're better than last year.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we got the 2nd best defense ever. Behind "the Steel Curtain".

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than last year ? That's a tough thing to top ... Without Mebane and Bryant and Clemens on the edge it's kinda hard to say were better... BUT we certainly have shown were the best in the league again... That was a historical defense we had last year ... It's impossible to say were better than that... BUT we are pretty effin good with our performances over the last 4-5 weeks... But let's continue this and we'll see...

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also tough to judge based on the different emphasis on the rules this season. Defensive scoring is up slightly this season so far. Considering all the injuries this team endured on defense this year and the abysmal pass rush early in the season, I think right now this defense is clicking just as well, if not better than the tail end of last year.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The historical talk about the seahawks last year didn't really start until after the SB.

Looking at these guys right now, they're playing better than they were at any time last year IMO. And with a couple more dominant performances, they'll own the stat book for this year.

It took them a while to figure out how to utilize all the new pieces and hit their stride, but the same could be said for last year. Last year they just caught a few more breaks early.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the flashy plays last year really made that D shine. Things like the Sherman pick to win in Houston after being so far behind.

We've had less of those kinds of plays this year so it's difficult to see this D as as great as last year's, though the entire body of work certainly points that way.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

'85 Bears :whistle:

But you all are stacked. And you get a lot of BS calls at home. just sayin

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'85 Bears :whistle:

But you all are stacked. And you get a lot of BS calls at home. just sayin

Excuse me? We got one bs call vs sf....

But prior to this game (not sure the totals form sunday)

Seattle was the MOST penalized team in the league.

And the LEAST penalized team in the league??? Opponents of Seattle.......

We have our fair share of beef with the refs.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me? We got one bs call vs sf....

But prior to this game (not sure the totals form sunday)

Seattle was the MOST penalized team in the league.

And the LEAST penalized team in the league??? Opponents of Seattle.......

We have our fair share of beef with the refs.

Let's be honest about those statistics. Most of those penalties again Seattle have been presnap. That is not officials being bias it's just undisciplined mistakes.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest about those statistics. Most of those penalties again Seattle have been presnap. That is not officials being bias it's just undisciplined mistakes.

Lets be honest, you have no idea what you are talking about. It is not about the Seattle penalties. It is the teams we play getting less than their per game average of penalties, consistently!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year they gave up 273.6 Yards per game
This year they have gave up 272.4 yards per game

So in some ways they are better than last year but the BIGGEST ways ( turn overs, Sacks and points against ) they are not on last years pace.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't say that. As far as talent vs. the league, mid-80's Bears, mid to late 80's Giants, Late 80's Saints, late 80's Vikings, ... The Giants won multiple SB's and the Bears got one with a 15-1 record the next season, but the Vikings and Saints just couldn't put an offense together to get the grand prize. I know our offense has been frustrating, but even when it's bad they do a good job of burning clock and put it in a position to where a defense can win a game for you.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the rules are now i can't hold many earlier defense all that high. Excuse me what i mean is back then that was football and it shouldn't have changed so much but now we have "flag" football, but if those defenses played now LMAO they would be flagged 25-35 times a game and that isn't exaggeration. The Rules in the NFL now handicap defenses so much that what the Hawks are doing is above and beyond greatness.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the rules are now i can't hold many earlier defense all that high. Excuse me what i mean is back then that was football and it shouldn't have changed so much but now we have "flag" football, but if those defenses played now LMAO they would be flagged 25-35 times a game and that isn't exaggeration. The Rules in the NFL now handicap defenses so much that what the Hawks are doing is above and beyond greatness.

That's fine, but when you talk about the Seahawks defense you start with them being #1. The Bears defense played against other defenses that had the same benefits that they did and they were still the most dominant defense for as big of a stretch as we have been. The Giants in the 80's did it as well and won 2 SB's. I think this defense is great but what they've done is nowhere near unprecedented.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, but when you talk about the Seahawks defense you start with them being #1. The Bears defense played against other defenses that had the same benefits that they did and they were still the most dominant defense for as big of a stretch as we have been. The Giants in the 80's did it as well and won 2 SB's. I think this defense is great but what they've done is nowhere near unprecedented.

WHAT? the Bears Defense played against a teams OFFENSE that would throw 20 times on average and run 30 to 35 times. The Game was slower with much fewer plays being called in total. In todays football you got teams that throw the ball 40+ and run 70 plays a game with flags for just looking funny at a WR. Back in the 80's playing defense at a high level was MUCH easier. You could flat out CRUSH someone going over the middle and not even worry about "defenseless player" flags. You could grab and hold the WR for a solid 5 to 10 yards with out the worry of a flag. Defense in todays football which is geared for offenses is much harder and to play on the SAME LEVEL as those 80's and earlier Defenses really proves much more now than it did back then.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT? the Bears Defense played against a teams OFFENSE that would throw 20 times on average and run 30 to 35 times. The Game was slower with much fewer plays being called in total. In todays football you got teams that throw the ball 40+ and run 70 plays a game with flags for just looking funny at a WR. Back in the 80's playing defense at a high level was MUCH easier. You could flat out CRUSH someone going over the middle and not even worry about "defenseless player" flags. You could grab and hold the WR for a solid 5 to 10 yards with out the worry of a flag. Defense in todays football which is geared for offenses is much harder and to play on the SAME LEVEL as those 80's and earlier Defenses really proves much more now than it did back then.

#1 is still #1. All these defenses could do is prove that they were consistently better than the competition and they were.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 is still #1. All these defenses could do is prove that they were consistently better than the competition and they were.

Yes and the competition back then wasn't so how would you say ... Offensive. Just look back At games in the 80's and the scoring, so either teams now are just WAY stronger on the offensive side of the ball or the rules make them seem that way ( we all know it's the rules that give the offense the advantage where as in the 80's the defense had the advantage ). Now take that into account when looking at what the Hawks Defense is doing and it becomes crystal clear. This defense would be better than it is now if they were playing in the 80's, scary thought isn't it?