• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This year's Niners...

Texas9erFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
... deserve a parade down Market St.

They were 6-10 last year and went 13-3 this year not only earning a chance to play in the NFC Championship game, but they brought it to the 'Stick.

:hail: Harbaugh has turned around our Niners in one season and we have every reason to believe they'll be a very good team next year as well.

IT WAS A GREAT GREAT SEASON!

WHOooo's got it better than US? Noooooobody!!!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a great season that got fumbled away. to think we turned it around without having a full offseason.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Im hurting too much inside right now to think about moral victories. I dont even want to think about this season right now.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame this defense is not in the Super Bowl. Definitely the best defense in the league.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this loss really hurts. we had a lot of things line up right for us this season. really felt it was our season.

i think we are going to have a very hard time repeating or even coming close to what we did this season. We have a lot of FA's and had a lot of close victories that could easily go the other way.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this loss really hurts. we had a lot of things line up right for us this season. really felt it was our season.

i think we are going to have a very hard time repeating or even coming close to what we did this season. We have a lot of FA's and had a lot of close victories that could easily go the other way.

on the bright side, had we won a super bowl everyone would be coming after our guys. we should be able to lock up some of these guys for 3+ years and have enough to make 1 big splash in free agency. maybe we can make a run for a few years with this crew and a few additions.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year was a great ride, but who's to say next year we are as good on every side of the ball...that's near impossible to repeat. I'm sure in a few days I will be able to think about it and have a better opinion, but right now I literally feel like my girlfriend just broke up with me. I fucking hate "if only" games/seasons. This is not gonna go away for a long time for me. I probably won't watch the Superbowl... I can't even think about next year, or sports in general. Maybe I'm being melodramatic, but I'm fucking dejected right now.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Defense deserves a parade

Your Defense seriously impressed me I think they are hands down the best defense i've seen all year and are going to be a force for years to come.You guys may be a reciever away from being a powerhouse.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year was a great ride, but who's to say next year we are as good on every side of the ball...that's near impossible to repeat. I'm sure in a few days I will be able to think about it and have a better opinion, but right now I literally feel like my girlfriend just broke up with me. I fucking hate "if only" games/seasons. This is not gonna go away for a long time for me. I probably won't watch the Superbowl... I can't even think about next year, or sports in general. Maybe I'm being melodramatic, but I'm fucking dejected right now.

The defense was stellar. They are also pretty young and had no offseason. There's no reason to think that they can't stay dominating for a long time to come.

There is also no way that you can tell me our offense cannot improve. In fact, I'm sure that we can all agree the O has a lot of room for improvement.

The ST kicking probably can't get much better but they don't have to be stellar to win a SB, clutch is good enough. ST returns were decent all year, but there's obviously a hiccup or two there as well.

So in summary, I fully believe we can be as good or better next year. Whether that happens or not is up to about a billion variables that I can't control but I'll happily wait and see. I'd rather wait while our guys shine our 6th Lombardi but it was still a MUCH better season than I could have even dared to imagine.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Would you guys been more happy if instead in overtime, Eli drove the length of the field and they kicked a field goal?

Hard for me to say really. That would give more credit to Eli, on top of all the extra credit he's already receiving. I would have Eli-induced nausea. :-)

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Would you guys been more happy if instead in overtime, Eli drove the length of the field and they kicked a field goal?

Hard for me to say really. That would give more credit to Eli, on top of all the extra credit he's already receiving. I would have Eli-induced nausea. :-)

I think I would have. At least then the statement "The Giants won the NFC Championship" would hold a lot more water. We gave them 10 points that they did nothing to really earn. Had they earned it, I'd feel much better.

That's the last post I will make whining about how we lost instead of the Giants winning.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

agree with hard time repeating 13-3, but this doesn't mean we can't repeat winning a play-off game. hell, we might even win two play-off games?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame this defense is not in the Super Bowl. Definitely the best defense in the league.

2011 Giants pitching

I still think the defense holds the Giants to 3 points if T Brown was on Manningham..

The defense has been good for years, the problem always remain on the offense not sustaining drives to level the playing field.

I will always look back on the defensive effort this year as the best I've ever seen from the niners. Just because they were asked to do so much over and over and most times they responded.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not more happy, but it would be less frustrating. Its okay that the niners weren't good enough this year to go to the super bowl. The reasons against them doing so well have been well documented. But this defense was good enough. They played at an elite level.

The Eli-lovefest is sickening. He did get up time and time again but what an obvious attempt from the media to create a superstar matchup. The only reason I give the Giants a shot is that the pats secondary is so horrible.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers and Ravens always have a good D that can carry their offense each year. What makes anyone think ours won't be the same next year? If anything they could end up being better which is a really scary thought.

And for all the bashing the offense takes. That offense was good enough for 13-3. They out scored the Saints and Lions both of which featured 5,000+ yard passers. They actually scored and moved the ball enough to beat the Giants as well. If anything the offense will hopefully improve enough next year to over come our margin for error. If we didn't have the 1 stupid muffed punt and the fumble we'd be in the Super Bowl. I'd say our offense put up a better performance than the Packers and Falcons against that same Giant D as well. If those are 2 offenses that will be considered top of the league next year what does that mean for ours?

Texas9erFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was just reading this morning how in the first Superbowl with Montana, the Niners had less than 300 yards of total offense while our opponent had nearly 400. The difference was 5 turnovers the Niner D forced in the game.

We could go into next season with exact same calibur team and win the SB. I think our chances are pretty good.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was just reading this morning how in the first Superbowl with Montana, the Niners had less than 300 yards of total offense while our opponent had nearly 400. The difference was 5 turnovers the Niner D forced in the game.

We could go into next season with exact same calibur team and win the SB. I think our chances are pretty good.

not going so far as "our chances are pretty good", but yeah, it wouldn't be 'far fetched'. don't see why we wouldn't get back into the play-offs as the West champs? we may or may not get a bye, but we should make it.

offensively, we'll sign and draft help at WR, our O-line has gotten better. pass protect schemes (with RB and TE) should be better now. understandably, they started off Alex with simpler plays, but he's now throwing downfield.

think our defense won't get back all of our FA's (Rogers, Brooks, and Goldson), mainly because these guys will now seek BIG money. we likely won't be as elite as this year, but still a solid defense.

our ST's has been good overall, and especially liked the coverages. we should be fine here again granted we need a PR.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A parade for losing? Seriously?

No. Great season, but you don't have a parade for losing.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a tough loss. But overall great season. Beating the Saints in the playoffs, getting to 13-3 great season. Beat all of my highest expectations and for the first time wait until next year is actually meaningful based on results not just normal fan hopeful optimism. Niners are moving the right way for the first time in a long time. A great run to enjoy and a great board of people to enjoy it with. Even if I don't agree with some of ya'll.