• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Team has zero clue how to draft OT

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.....just wow.

I know I'm late to the scene, but glad I missed this pick. Seattle just full out derp mode. This dork is easily there with their 4th round selection. Seattle should fire Cable and stop getting input from this dork.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1bW0rz.St.58.jpeg

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh we'll see. Of the tape I watched, I don't like Britt's recovery. I think he's going to get torched by speed edge rushers. That initial push he offers is pretty darn good (based on tape) but any recovery or pass rush skills he seems to not have an answer for.

Anyway. A+ Richardson pick. Gotta give a D to Seattle for Britt. We'll see (also gave Carpenter a D and Moffitt a C+).

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. This pick was just bad. Love the Richardson pick though.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. This pick was just bad. Love the Richardson pick though.

Agreed. I blew my wad when we picked him. I always wanted us to draft Geno Atkins (look how that panned out for the Bengals) and had the same feeling about Richardson this draft, and we took him. Richardson/Harvin/Baldwin? Good luck NFC West, better go full Saints head hunter mode because the speed/playmaking ability from all 3 of those WRs is #1 in the NFL (yes I went there and it's very different from stating the reliance or security is #1).

But this pick, not so much lol. We'll see. I think Britt is going to get ROCKED by speed DEs and there are plenty of those in the NFL. If they move him to guard *SMH*. He was a liability in run protection in college. His strength was pass pro. I guess we could use pass pro at guard but meh.

Whatever, O-Line depth is O-Line, just annoyed we could've had him AND Louis Nix. Nix would've been amazing as a situational DL for us. Man oh man.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that whole 'conventional logic' thing? Go ahead and throw that out.

These guys are on another plateau.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.....just wow.

I know I'm late to the scene, but glad I missed this pick. Seattle just full out derp mode. This dork is easily there with their 4th round selection. Seattle should fire Cable and stop getting input from this dork.

There all prospects .... I wouldn't read into it that much... This guy can end up being a great player you just never know... Pete and John must have felt he would a been gone by there 4th pick so there has to be a reason they jumped on him...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll basically said it loud and clear today.

They do their own evaluations on these players. We don't grade these guys like Kiper does.

I think people put way too much trust in the opinions and grades of guys like Kiper and Mayock. They serve a purpose but they are talent rankers for the masses. Their butts aren't on the line if a team doesn't produce. And it seams no matter how bad they get it wrong with their mocks and grades, they still keep their jobs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There all prospects .... I wouldn't read into it that much... This guy can end up being a great player you just never know... Pete and John must have felt he would a been gone by there 4th pick so there has to be a reason they jumped on him...

I hear ya boogie.. maybe I got my expectations set WAY too high after the Richardson pick. I think he'll be one of the best WRs in the draft so seeing Britt this early was a bit of a shock (and disappoint to me).

Everyone here is assuming I didn't see any of this kid in college but that's wrong. I did, and knew who he was. I love this kids first step against slower lineman, he mauls them on designed/quick plays. But he was a big liability against faster D-Lineman and had poor recovery in a lot of situations.

Eh we'll see. In Schneider/Carroll I trust. These guys have taken a crap team and turned them into a SBOWL winner the fastest in NFL history, I'm sure they know more than I do.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya boogie.. maybe I got my expectations set WAY too high after the Richardson pick. I think he'll be one of the best WRs in the draft so seeing Britt this early was a bit of a shock (and disappoint to me).

Everyone here is assuming I didn't see any of this kid in college but that's wrong. I did, and knew who he was. I love this kids first step against slower lineman, he mauls them on designed/quick plays. But he was a big liability against faster D-Lineman and had poor recovery in a lot of situations.

Eh we'll see. In Schneider/Carroll I trust. These guys have taken a crap team and turned them into a SBOWL winner the fastest in NFL history, I'm sure they know more than I do.

I hear that.... He did have and injury that lowered his stock a bit so maybe that's another thing that Pete and John saw ... Potential is there to be good ... I guess the guy is a great wrestler so he has good discipline ...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Kiper and all these experts graded our drafts a D and an F and look at how many pro bowl caliber and quality starters we have gotten out of those drafts

As much as most of us think we are experts we have no clue how to truly assess these players...especially offensive linemen

I mean sure I had my list of preferred o-linemen that I wanted the Seahawks to target, but maybe those guys just weren't good fits for what Tom Cable envisions moving forward.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZubYpplmzVk]JaMarcus Russell NFL Draft - YouTube[/ame]

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Every GM even the best of them have positions they struggle to evaluate and OL just isn't one of Seattle's strengths.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JaMarcus Russell is the greatest example of how stupid I think it is to evaluate a QB simply based on their size and arm strength. Russell had obvious glaring problems, but scouts overlooked those flaws simply because his arm strength and size were so impressive.

Lol.... That's the perfect example of how there all prospects until proven otherwise ... Aaron Curry is a guy that stands out for us... He was the safest most sure pick in the entire draft the year we got him according to the experts....

I'll never be able to understand the Aaron Curry thing. He honestly looked so great on film, how he busted in the NFL is just beyond me.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JaMarcus Russell is the greatest example of how stupid I think it is to evaluate a QB simply based on their size and arm strength. Russell had obvious glaring problems, but scouts overlooked those flaws simply because his arm strength and size were so impressive.

I'll never be able to understand the Aaron Curry thing. He honestly looked so great on film, how he busted in the NFL is just beyond me.

Effort. Even Curry himself later said his mind just wasn't in the game and it was pretty obvious considering how he played. Carroll saw the talent and kept him around a year but was quick to dump him.

Ever since Carroll started drafting he has taken huge effort/work ethic guys. It reinforces his 'competition at all levels' philosophy. The only LOCKED starters next year are: Thomas/Chancellor/Sherman/Harvin and Wilson and surprise surprise, those are all the guys that have gotten the big contracts (spare Wilson but we know it's coming next year).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually feel the way Shark does. They need to stop reaching for projects when there is better talent on the board. Yeah sooner or later they will hit but as of right now they have not. Why waste a 2nd round pick on a project when you had some talented Olineman out there? this made me scratch my head. In the 2nd go with a proven player not someone you think might turn out pretty good.

Now if Britt turns out to be a keepers then good for them they would have "finally hit after failing badly many times"

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like their other project picks. WR, LB, DE are all project picks we can afford and SHOULD be drafting because we need to develop elite talent when we don't re-sign Wagner/Rice/Baldwin/Wright/Avril, etc.

But OLine we just freaking need BPA lol. We don't have the luxury of developing O-Line... because our depth is SO thin and it's arguably a top 3 position (QB/D-OLine are 1-3).

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Effort. Even Curry himself later said his mind just wasn't in the game and it was pretty obvious considering how he played. Carroll saw the talent and kept him around a year but was quick to dump him.

Ever since Carroll started drafting he has taken huge effort/work ethic guys. It reinforces his 'competition at all levels' philosophy. The only LOCKED starters next year are: Thomas/Chancellor/Sherman/Harvin and Wilson and surprise surprise, those are all the guys that have gotten the big contracts (spare Wilson but we know it's coming next year).

It was more than just effort. When you watched Aaron Curry play, he had the athletic ability yet struggled to stay with NFL TEs in coverage and showed an inability to get off of blocks. He also tended to over run plays, relying too much on his athleticism. It was more than just effort, he just couldn't succeed in the NFL.

i actually feel the way Shark does. They need to stop reaching for projects when there is better talent on the board. Yeah sooner or later they will hit but as of right now they have not. Why waste a 2nd round pick on a project when you had some talented Olineman out there? this made me scratch my head. In the 2nd go with a proven player not someone you think might turn out pretty good.

Now if Britt turns out to be a keepers then good for them they would have "finally hit after failing badly many times"

The Seahawks have "reached" for players that nobody expected to be selected in that round for quite a few drafts. As I said in another thread, some end up being busts (Kris Durham, James Carpenter, John Moffitt) and others end up being great selections (Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, K.J. Wright).