• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Offseason Has Sucked

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake loses leading returning receiver to torn ACL
Less than two weeks before the 2015 season opens, and Wake Forest’s inexperienced passing attack has taken a massive hit.

Following the second scrimmage of the preseason Sunday, head coach Dave Clawson confirmed that Jared Crump has been diagnosed with a torn ACL. Obviously, the wide receiver will miss the entire 2015 season because of the injury and subsequent surgery/rehab.

Crump sustained the injury during a practice session last Tuesday, with an MRI revealing the extent of the damage.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went to the Cubs forum and was reminded that I share a favorite team with eltexan.

f.gif

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 Days to Go! 8 Days to Go! 8 Days to Go! 8 Days to Go!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The true reason he's gone is because he was banging an ASU student which is a violation of the coaches conduct policy. It should be noted that he is single and is also only 30. I'm an ASU grad and those girls are so smoking that it has to be a tough thing to resist no matter what your age is.

man, he's only 30?

that's tough, but rules are rules

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND finally getting a video board. :o

The most visible change at Notre Dame Stadium will involve the addition of a video board at the top of the south end of the venue, along with ribbon boards along the east and west sides of the stadium. As is the case with the video boards at Purcell Pavilion and the Compton Family Ice Arena, there will be no advertising or commercials associated with use of the video boards.
Campus Crossroads Project Includes Stadium Enhancements

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson DT D.J. Reader steps away for 'period of time'
Clemson defensive tackle D.J. Reader

.201507201424518805167.jpg
has decided to step away from the football team for an unspecified period of time.

Reader, a senior who was listed as a starter on the Tigers’ most-recent depth chart, is dealing with personal issues, according to head coach Dabo Swinney.

“D.J. Reader has decided to step away from football for a while,” Swinney said in a statement. “He has some personal issues he has to deal with at this time. We are not sure when he will return. We will support him any way we can. This is no different than a player being lost for a period of time due to injury.”

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers suspends top WR, QB candidate for half
Rutgers will be without two of its top offensive players for part of its season opener.

The program announced Tuesday that wide receiver Leonte Carroo and quarterback Chris Laviano are both suspended for the first half against Norfolk State on Sept. 5. The suspensions stem from a “curfew violation," head coach Kyle Flood said in a statement.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...harges-signs-with-d-ii-program-171106737.html
Brandon Banks, one of four former Vanderbilt players charged with raping an unconscious female student in June 2013, has joined another football program.

According to a report from the Tennessean, Banks, 21, will play this season at D-II Lane College in Jackson, Tenn.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had those rules when I was on the road training and managing restaurants, but when she's hot, you gotta break the rule and I did numerous times. Being on the road and banging hot waitresses all over the state was fun. I remember the distict manager calling me to the side one day and asking me, "Are you banging my waitresses?" I gave him a solid "NO," and he left it at that. I think he was banging a few too.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinton Flowers tabbed as USF's starting quarterback
Quinton Flowers has been named USF’s starting quarterback.

Bulls head coach Willie Taggart announcedMonday that Flowers, a sophomore, had outlasted senior Steven Bench for the role. Flowers, who made one start as a true freshman in 2014, is one of five different starting quarterbacks Taggart has employed during his two seasons leading the program.

The Bulls have made the switch to a spread offense – one that suits Flowers’ dual-threat abilities.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 ADs in support of adopting SEC’s transfer rule regarding misconduct
The SEC made a bold move by prohibiting players with a domestic violence past to beprohibited from transferring to a program within the conference. In light of the recent story at Baylor and Sam Ukwuachu, the Big 12 is now preparing to adopt a similar rule.

Big 12 athletic directors have voted in support of a policy following the script drafted by the SEC with regard to players with conduct problems and transfers. The policy must still be formally approved by a joint council, according to Kirk Bohls, but everybody appears to be on board with the new policy, and it may even be made stronger before it is added to the Big 12 policies. Big 12 athletic directors are scheduled to review the new policy at a meeting on September 22. It will then be presented to the Big 12 board of directors on October 26.

Texas Athletics Directors Steve Patterson and Chris Plonsky have expressed a desire to adopt a stronger version of the SEC model. What that would entail remains unknown, although it may extend the reach of what falls under the category of misconduct.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Will Muschamp “wouldn’t touch” Sam Ukwuachu in 2013
According to a report from Sports Illustrated‘s Thayer Evans, former Florida head coach Will Muschamp entertained the possibility of recruiting Ukwuachu as he was transferring from Boise State. Muschamp changed his mind, allegedly, after being informed by Boise State officials of Ukwuachu’s alleged violence toward his girlfriend. This would be the same sort of information of which Baylor head coach Art Briles has said he had no knowledge.

From Sports Illustrated;

Florida considered taking Ukwuachu in May 2013, but then-Gators coach Will Muschamp decided against it after a Boise State athletic department employee detailed Ukwuachu’s troubles with a girlfriend, according to two former Florida athletic department employees.

That included the former freshman All-America defensive end’s alleged physical abuse of his girlfriend and an allegation that Ukwuachu put his fist through a window while drunk at the couple’s home, one of the ex-staffers said. (Ukwuachu was not charged in either incident.)

“There was no way,” one of the former Florida employees told The Inside Read of Ukwuachu. “[Muschamp] wouldn’t touch him.”