• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Offseason Has Sucked

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE P.J. Gallo leaving Terps after 2015… for Wall Street
The 2015 season hasn’t even kicked off yet and Maryland already knows one player is set to leave College Park with eligibility on the table — and not for the NFL draft, either.

Instead of working out with his teammates this past summer getting prepped for the upcoming season, Gallo worked out alone while serving a 10-week internship at Goldman Sachs in New York City. The internship led to a job offer from the Wall Street staple, and also a choice for Gallo: pass on the job to play his final season of college football in 2016, or give up the sport and embark on his post-football career.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but it's kind of cool, honoring an horrific event.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of USC, they lost 2 WR's today in practice, one broke his leg and I'm not sure what happened to the other.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that sucks, especially being just a week away from game 1.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of USC, they lost 2 WR's today in practice, one broke his leg and I'm not sure what happened to the other.

"It was a rough day for the wide receiver position at South Carolina. Just hours after head coach Steve Spurrier announced that red-shirt freshman WR Shaq Davidson would miss the season with a knee injury, true freshman wide receiver Jerad Washington suffered a broken leg at practice."

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It was a rough day for the wide receiver position at South Carolina. Just hours after head coach Steve Spurrier announced that red-shirt freshman WR Shaq Davidson would miss the season with a knee injury, true freshman wide receiver Jerad Washington suffered a broken leg at practice."

That sucks.

Did Spurrier cancel all press events for the day?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure he was in no mood to "chat" though.

I'm just butthurt because last week a thread was posted about something bad happened at Ohio St. Then they said the press was made to leave, all events for the afternoon was canceled and the players left practice early looking dejected.

So I'm all fearing the worse praying the kid lives and shit after such a reaction. Turned out, it was all over a WR that broke a leg. Was glad he was ok and shit, but like I say - I'm still a little butthurt about it.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami RB Edwards out for season
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) -- Miami has lost running back Gus Edwards for the season, an announcement that came Sunday night and with the Hurricanes less than a week removed from their opener.

The news was revealed as the Hurricanes released their first depth chart of the season. Edwards - who was a strong candidate to be the starter - was injured in a scrimmage Aug. 22 and was in a walking boot last week, though Hurricanes coach Al Golden initially said he did not expect the 6-foot-2, 235-pound junior would be sidelined for long.

''Gus worked extremely hard for the last nine month to prepare for this moment,'' Golden said Sunday night in a statement released through the school. ''He set a high standard and did a great job leading and being unselfish. We are tremendously disappointed for him, but we will be there with him on the road to recovery and anxiously await his return.''

Edwards was initially listed as ''day to day'' but reevaluated after several days of treatment, and further diagnosis showed that the problem was far worse than first anticipated. The school did not reveal the exact nature of the injury.

It's a major blow for the Miami offense. The Hurricanes are coming off a 6-7 season, lost the school's all-time leading rusher in Duke Johnson to the NFL draft after last season, plus saw standouts in left tackle Ereck Flowers and wide receiver Phillip Dorsett - both first-round draft picks this year - and tight end Clive Walford exhaust their eligibility.

Walford and Johnson were third-round draft picks.

Edwards was widely expected to pick up some of the slack, and showed flashes in his first two seasons when he averaged 5.4 yards per rush with 11 touchdowns in just 127 carries. The Hurricanes have long raved about his athleticism, and GPS sensors last spring showed him running sprints at a speed of about 21 mph.

His absence means a larger workload will be placed on sophomore Joe Yearby (509 yards, 1 TD last year) and true freshman Mark Walton. The depth chart did not say if either has won the starting job. Trayone Gray, a sophomore who saw limited action last year, will back up Yearby and Walton.

The Hurricanes open the season Saturday at home against Bethune-Cookman. They don't open Atlantic Coast Conference play until a trip to Florida State on Oct. 10.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA names UVa transfer Greyson Lambert starting quarterback
Following announcements at Texas,Florida State, Army and Ole Miss, Georgia head coach Mark Richt announced Monday Virginia graduate transfer Greyson Lambert will start for the Bulldogs on Saturday.

“There may be other or others who get in the game. But right now the thing that I know that he’ll start the game,” Richt said of Lambert, via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “Very, very close competition. Still being contested in my mind. But at this point we felt it would be wise to name a starter and get him ready to play in this ballgame. … We’ll start playing ball that way and see how it goes.”

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimbo Fisher names Everett Golson ‘Noles starting QB
In news that we all expected upon his May announcement to transfer to Florida State, though we may not have expected to actually happen today given this afternoon’s piece of news, Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher revealed Monday evening that Notre Dame transfer Everett Golson will be the Seminoles’ starting quarterback in 2015.

“Everett’s going to be our starter,” Fisher said after Florida State’s Monday practice. “It’s a tougher decision because of how well (Golson and Sean Maguire) were playing, not things they weren’t doing.”

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Moore Award created to honor best offensive line UNIT
Monday morning the creation of the Joe Moore Award was announced, an honor that will recognize “the nation’s Most Outstanding Offensive Line Unit.” The award is named in honor of Joe Moore, the former Notre Dame and Pittsburgh assistant who is widely regarded as one of the best offensive line coaches in the history of college football.

The JMA will “annually recognize the offensive line unit that best displays toughness, effort, teamwork, physicality, tone setting and finishing,” and will be voted on by a committee comprised solely of individuals who either played or coached the position.