• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is what we've been waiting for.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions fans should be ecstatic right now.

I've witnessed all the bullshit from us fans on all levels this year from Facebook groups to several sports sites and the media. Personally, throughtout these months, Ive grown a little tired of those who wont let go of the same ol' Lions theme. Let the fans tell it, every move the Lions made before the season was all wrong. Caldwell and the coaching staff all got bashed early and often. Certain players got hammered and still do. Now....16 weeks of the season has gone by and fans are still looking back on how the team won as if there's blueprint on how to get to 11-4 and automatically win a SB.

Its been a good year with something to be built upon.

This matchup Sunday is right where we want to be at. Good teams respond to these things. This team knows that this may be the most important game of the season yet. Its a rare opportunity for this team. Im excited because we will get to see what this team is really made of for the next few weeks. Caldwell stated at the beginning that the time is now so Im assuming this is where he'll have them prepared.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats even more pathetic is that since we now are in the playoffs and have great record, many of those same people are already spending most of their time whining about how we will suck next year.

How about just enjoying this year and worry about next year during the offseason. There will be several months in between to talk about the future.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm enjoying the hell out of it, but then again I didn't expect this team to make the playoffs, so they've already exceeded my expectations. Meaningful December football and at least one playoff game? I'm betting everyone would have taken that offer in a heart-beat this season when this staff was being hired and free agents were being signed. However, the feeling at the time by far too many here was anything but playoffs this season. That's enough reason right there not to carry on about how much a player or coach sucks before the games even start- it just makes those types look foolish. Why people feel the need to constantly be negative and focus on what needs to be fixed, rather than focusing on enjoying the wins, is completely beyond me.

This team has already proven that they're not the Same Old Lions. Sadly, too many people, especially on here, are proving to be the Same Old Lions Fans. They've become so used to losing that a winning team pisses them off because they can't go to work every Monday and say "I told you so" to those of us who actually want the team to succeed. Some people don't know how to do much but bitch and complain, it would seem...

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see a win and the bye. The Lions will have to play better than they have in the last month if it's going to happen, though, IMO. 11-5 and a Wild Card berth won't be too shabby, though.

My only concern for next year is keeping Austin. If we can do that, I like the players under contract.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is losing suh. Very excited that the lions are playing meaningful games in late december. Definitely took a step in the right direction this year. Give mayhew credit, he deserves it. As does caldwell. Tate is the offensive MVP this year with suh the defensive mvp.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see a win and the bye. The Lions will have to play better than they have in the last month if it's going to happen, though, IMO. 11-5 and a Wild Card berth won't be too shabby, though.

My only concern for next year is keeping Austin. If we can do that, I like the players under contract.

Your last part isn't a concern for me. I don't think many 1st year, 1st time D-coordinators get head coaching jobs. I'm sure he'll get some interviews, but I would think he would need more experience running an entire D for longer. Also, running a D and running an entire team are two separate things. Schwartzy over in Buffalo is proving that being a successful D-coordinator and being a successful head coach don't go hand in hand.

If Suh leaves, I'd like to see what Austin can do. That should put to rest who is giving this D more success, the one player or the coach. Not that I want Suh gone, but it will definitely give Austin a bigger Hanse to showcase his talents.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your last part isn't a concern for me. I don't think many 1st year, 1st time D-coordinators get head coaching jobs. I'm sure he'll get some interviews, but I would think he would need more experience running an entire D for longer. Also, running a D and running an entire team are two separate things. Schwartzy over in Buffalo is proving that being a successful D-coordinator and being a successful head coach don't go hand in hand.

If Suh leaves, I'd like to see what Austin can do. That should put to rest who is giving this D more success, the one player or the coach. Not that I want Suh gone, but it will definitely give Austin a bigger Hanse to showcase his talents.

One big HUGE difference between Schwartz and Austin though (well one of many) and in most instances the least important difference is that Austin is black. Obviously it has no impact on how good of a coach he is or isn't, or how players respond to him or don't. What it does have an impact on is the Rooney Rule interviews. Being honest there are usually at any time only 5-6 hot commodities for head coaching spots, and just by the law of averages they won't all be minorities. But everyone has to at least interview one minority. Which means that any black coach with any success at all, even just one year as a DC, is likely to get more opportunities than otherwise.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured there wouldn't be too many responses to this (laughs). The Lions have fought hard to be where they are now and surely they know they have to kick it up a notch to far. This is where we do get to see what theyre made of, how the coaches prepare them and how Stafford can perform under these conditions. Will our leaders emerge?

So much talk about other rookies and stats and such but Id much rather be in the playoffs, giving our players the opportunity to make plays.