• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is the year Iowa basketball turns the corner

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching that game, I am a lot more positive about ISU this year :)

So tough to tell this early. I figured Iowa would lose but I was disappointed with how they performed. That said their arent too many teams that are going to shoot 56% on us this year ( and 55% from 3 point range). Iowa missed some shots they normally make and Creighton hit everything they threw up. I think Creighton is a tourney team for sure this year but Iowa needs to tighten up their perimeter defense ( that was a concern for me coming in since Iowa hadnt played anyone that could challenge them yet). I stand by my 20+ win prediction but that game was UGLY.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGLY last night. Cant get a grasp on this team. They either shoot lights out or cant hit the ocean when they fall off a boat. Really weird. Iowa rarely got blown out last year and they returned basically the entire team and added some nice freshman yet theyve been absolutely destroyed 3 times already this year. Biggest issue so far has been that our 2 best players from last year ( Besabe and Cartwright) have really sucked this year.

State43

Your mom's favorite
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. Our team decides to not play defense and force bad shots = loss to UNI. Athletically, ISU is on another level, but they out coach us all over the court. Pathetic.

State43

Your mom's favorite
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
rmilia, I hope you aren't watching this game. Yikes!

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to watch the game last night, but I followed it on twitter. I was impressed that Iowa only lost by 10 when being down by 20 at one point. They could have pretty much given up at halftime and been destroyed.

I wonder if Fran does what Alford did as a coach. I think it was Alford. He would take the team down to the wrestling room while the wrestlers were practicing and say something like "This is what a National Championship team looks like."

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wqanst concerned by the losses so far ( other than the Campbell loss, should have won that one). I am concerned by how we are losing though. Part of the reason i thought Iowa would have a good year was the fact that they lost so many close games last year ( 13 losses by 9 or less). I figured with all that experience abck they would turn alot of the close losses into wins but Iowa hasnt had any close losses this year. They havent had any close games at all, they either win by alot or lose by alot. Its pretty strange. Defense needs to pick it up, Iowa either isnt a very good defensive team or they are just SUPER SUPER unlucky that every time they lose the other team shoots like 60% from the field... Im guessing its the D.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got good news for you though

you play us at home

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I see the box score it seems as if the teams we should kill we shoot 50+% from the field, the games we shouldn't win or where we're out classed the team we play shoots 50+% from the field and we might crack 30%...seems to me it's a mental thing and they need to get over the hump and actually think they can pull an upset

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well an 8-5 OOC mark isnt exactly what I had hoped for ( was thinking 10-3 or so). Only really bad losses though were to Campbell and Clemson at home. Team seems to have started to turn it around a bit lately. B10 play opens uptough with games against Purdue, @ Wisconsin, @ Minnesota, Ohio State, @ Michigan State. A 2-3 record there will be a win IMO. BIG game Wednesady at home against the Boilers. Not a gimme for sure but a W is possible. A win there and Iowa will have some momentum.