• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is the Miami fan base

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds made up

No it isn't. We went to Baltimore over the Labor Day Weekend and this was the Monday night game. The hotel in College Park said they had transportation to the game. On the way, they told us they didn't have return transportation, that was only for Saturday games. Then it rained like hell and never stopped. We had to walk the 2 miles back to the hotel.

This was before my wife lost her leg.

dade305cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst fans ever.. when your fans bring and throw oranges at people in the stands, knocking them down and almost out .. the second time it was beer and mustard... Personally witnessed by me and was a victim of the orange throwing.. you can shut your pie hole.. also one of my friends kid is a Gatorette in that band and those people tried to push through the band formation knocking the kids with instruments out of their hands before the director got involved.. I know that isn't in the article.. but an absolute thing I know about news articles.. 1. Something happened.. 2.its probably not reported accurately

I'll take my friends kid's words of what happened since she witnessed the incident over what was reported in the "news"
Wow shut my pie hole? lmao you've got some anger issues for someone who wasn't even involved or even knows what happened. As far as throwing oranges you need to look back on the history of the gators starting that year's ago.
Your fan base has been as bad at times over the year's but it doesn't define all of them due to a few person's actions.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst fans ever.. when your fans bring and throw oranges at people in the stands, knocking them down and almost out .. the second time it was beer and mustard... Personally witnessed by me and was a victim of the orange throwing.. you can shut your pie hole.. also one of my friends kid is a Gatorette in that band and those people tried to push through the band formation knocking the kids with instruments out of their hands before the director got involved.. I know that isn't in the article.. but an absolute thing I know about news articles.. 1. Something happened.. 2.its probably not reported accurately

I'll take my friends kid's words of what happened since she witnessed the incident over what was reported in the "news"
I enjoy your natural hate of Gator opponents and their fans.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We figured out a way to ward off post-game shenanigans from DaU fans a few years back. Just beat the shit out of them so bad that when the clock strikes :00 in the fourth quarter there's none of them left.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been going to Gator games home and away since 1979.. Ive been to many rivalry games with Tennessee,GA, LSU, and Florida State.. with less issues combined than the last 5 miami games I attended.. The exact reason I didn't attend.. Miami's fans..

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn't. We went to Baltimore over the Labor Day Weekend and this was the Monday night game. The hotel in College Park said they had transportation to the game. On the way, they told us they didn't have return transportation, that was only for Saturday games. Then it rained like hell and never stopped. We had to walk the 2 miles back to the hotel.

ha, the ole "before my wife lost her leg" routine. you're digging deep into the vault.

dade305cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been going to Gator games home and away since 1979.. Ive been to many rivalry games with Tennessee,GA, LSU, and Florida State.. with less issues combined than the last 5 miami games I attended.. The exact reason I didn't attend.. Miami's fans..
I have a hard time believing that although we have some crappy fan's as do you guys I have never felt threatened enough to not attend any of them.
You took an article and judged an entire fan base on it even though you admitted you weren't even there and I was. It was one of the friendliest environments I had been around considering the rivalry.
I understand hating our team we hate yours as well but to start a thread with an article that was very vague about what happened was nothing more than trying stir stuff up, just take your "W" and be happy with the gift we gave you all.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, this changes everything, I'm totally a Miami fan now

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every state should pass a law that tacks on an additional penalty for any crime against the members of marching bands. Misdemeanor? Bump it up to a felony. Felony? Double the penalty.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the 1986 Sugar Bowl, Tennessee fans outnumbered Miami fans 3-1. Before the game, the majority of Miami fans were belligerently obnoxious, universally rude and derisive towards Tennessee's team and the fans. On the streets, in bars and restaurants, Miami fans would go out of their way to shout epithets at groups of Tennessee fans. It would have been understandable if Vols fans thought the entirety of Miami fans were brought in from certain parts of New Jersey.

After Tennessee's total domination of Miami in the Super Dome - an epic beat down heralded in national sports coverage - the few sullen Miami fans out in public were treated warmly by Tennessee fans. Our generous spirits were unfettered. When a group of Miami fans came into a bar just as my cadre of Vols fans were leaving, we hailed them, offered our table, and I bought them their first round.

Fan bases have personalities. Miami's fans have a deserved reputation for being belligerent assholes. There are fine people who matriculated at Miami or simply cheer for the 'Canes, but, too many others have set the negative tone which is the reputation of Miami fans.

Tennessee's fans have a reputation for being affable, generous, and easily parted from our money. Some consider us as gullible hicks or rubes, think that we all swallow our vowel sounds, drink moonshine, and marry our kin. Yes, I've met an angry POS sitting amidst Vol fans at a bowl game, but he's the exception. Overall, our reputation is one of unshakable faith in our Vols, geniality, and generosity. GBO.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This section is all Miami Law School students.

DSC01412.jpg

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did she leave it at the stadium?

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time believing that although we have some crappy fan's as do you guys I have never felt threatened enough to not attend any of them.
You took an article and judged an entire fan base on it even though you admitted you weren't even there and I was. It was one of the friendliest environments I had been around considering the rivalry.
I understand hating our team we hate yours as well but to start a thread with an article that was very vague about what happened was nothing more than trying stir stuff up, just take your "W" and be happy with the gift we gave you all.
I was in the stands in 1982, 83, 86, & 2002 our seats were near the east side opponent area.. 82 I don't remember there being a problem 83, was the cup throwing ..Fla Won that game, 86, I was almost 16 and that was the year the oranges were thrown they threw them so hard and luckily it hit my shoulder and only knocked me down onto the concrete, narrowly missing my head and neck.. I weighed all of 80 lbs and was 4ft 10 inches.. if my Dad would've been able to get to those boys he would've whooped their asses.. I had a bruise for over a month.. 2002 was the smuggled beer and mustard year .. we moved our seats after 2002 to the west side.. btw Miami won that year.. I think I have it in good authority to judge a fan base.. I haven't attended a miami Florida game since 2002.. I speak from experience

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand one or two derelicts (usually alcohol induced) assholes from many places.. I've been to Neyland, Ms st, Ole miss, Auburn, Alabama, South Carolina and don't remember any specific incident that stands out in my mind at any of these venues..was taunted a little by Iowa kids after the 05 outback bowl but in harmless fun.. I've attended the world's largest outdoor cocktail party in Jax numerous times.. and a taunt here and there but no one threw oranges, cups,beer or mustard.. there were outright brawls going on in the stands with miami..

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughters good friend is a gatorette.. it's a good thing I wasn't there becsuse stand your ground would've definitely been in effect!!:mad2:

That would make you a Gatoraid

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in the stands in 1982, 83, 86, & 2002 our seats were near the east side opponent area.. 82 I don't remember there being a problem 83, was the cup throwing ..Fla Won that game, 86, I was almost 16 and that was the year the oranges were thrown they threw them so hard and luckily it hit my shoulder and only knocked me down onto the concrete, narrowly missing my head and neck.. I weighed all of 80 lbs and was 4ft 10 inches.. if my Dad would've been able to get to those boys he would've whooped their asses.. I had a bruise for over a month.. 2002 was the smuggled beer and mustard year .. we moved our seats after 2002 to the west side.. btw Miami won that year.. I think I have it in good authority to judge a fan base.. I haven't attended a miami Florida game since 2002.. I speak from experience

No dog in this fight but the last game you attended was 17 years ago. Your experience is literally from almost two decades ago when people attending the school now were 2-5 years old. Harley makes you an expert on things today.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only other incident I can think of was the year I sat with my friend who's tickets were in the Florida state section at the swamp we ended up being like 20 rows from the band and surrounded by FSU people.. A guy behind us jumped up during a play and spilled his Pepsi on us.. but he apologized profusely.. grabbed napkins and tried to help sop up the soda. I really felt that was accidental and he was sorry.. that was either 89 90 or 91 I don't recall but I'm pretty sure I had graduated from highschool