• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is part of a bigger problem

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we shit can bevell I fear this team is going nowhere fast. This team will have to transition to and offensive team eventually and its not going to happen with pathetic high school coach running it.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer you question, look what happened when Browner moved over to Matthews and the height advantage disappeared. He got shut down. He's just not that special.

I understand that he's not all world and probably won't be our #1 or #2 or #3 WR but they only threw to Matthews one time after Browner went on him and the throw wasn't that great as it was...

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is we have a major salary imbalance between the offense and defense.

And now we're going to have to dump a ton of guaranteed money into the QB position, which not only won't address any of our offensive needs, but makes matters even worse financially. That's why it's so critical to execute when you have the chance to win a title. Once rookie contracts expire, you quickly fall back into the pack and are fighting an uphill battle.

We need considerable help on the OL, DL, WR, TE, and maybe RB.

Sherman, and especially Thomas, are both overpaid but it is what it is. Kam isn't really overpaid. Thomas will have to re-structure in a couple years and he didn't have a very good year, and also had a bad playoffs.

And how much will Maxwell demand? We'll need to be ready to let him walk.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that he's not all world and probably won't be our #1 or #2 or #3 WR but they only threw to Matthews one time after Browner went on him and the throw wasn't that great as it was...

Well, yeah...

If Mathews isnt getting open, and doesn't have a size advantage that we jump on...why would we throw to him?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxwell is as good as gone. They sign wagner and i think every other started on d is going to be a draft pick revolving door for a few years.

Need Another corner too, simon is not good and lane is better in the nickel.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxwell is as good as gone. They sign wagner and i think every other started on d is going to be a draft pick revolving door for a few years.

Need Another corner too, simon is not good and lane is better in the nickel.

I'll be fine with that. Maxwell is a decent #2 guy, but isn't a good tight cover guy and will be demanding a lot more than he's worth. Unfortunately, by us resigning so many guys early on to big deals, it hurts us here with Maxwell.

I hope we cut Avril and Okung. I kinda want to cut Unger, but we have no replacement.

Our DL was bad in the playoffs, but was an injured unit prior.

OL was poor all year and needs a lot of help.

WR's inconsistent at best, but we spend no money at the position.

TE's are bad on the whole.

Lots of critical issues to deal with coming off an epic choke job.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to draft TE, WR, DT, C, probably RB after today. I would keep okung if he will take a deal that he is worth. If he wants to break the bank, he can leave cuz he aintthat good.

About 0% chance we sign any outside FA this year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to draft TE, WR, DT, C, probably RB after today. I would keep okung if he will take a deal that he is worth. If he wants to break the bank, he can leave cuz he aintthat good.

About 0% chance we sign any outside FA this year.

I wouldn't say 0%
Seattle is a good young team and set up for years at the top.
NE has done well picking up FA's that are looking for a chance at a ring.....