• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is gonna be a huge issue...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another weak aZZ call with illegal contact.... You can't expect a DB to not touch a receiver... Holding call it, but to call a touch foul all the time is gonna ruin this game ... I"m beyond ticked off right now.... #@$^ you Goodell and anyone on the competition committee who actually thinks this is a good idea...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the new rule is about the receiver touching the db is it not?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple solution, stop the grabbing or holding after 5 yards, or release the grab or hold after the initial contact. It was happening way too often over the last couple of seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't the first preseason where the calls were tighter than the regular season. It's frustrating, but let's wait and see what they decide to do when the lights go up for real.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple solution, stop grabbing or holding the receivers after 5 yards. It was happening way too often over the last couple of seasons.

You clearly haven't watched this game. Neither of the calls on that drive were even close to holding or contact that in any way impacted the play.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple solution, stop grabbing or holding the receivers after 5 yards. It was happening way too often over the last couple of seasons.

Disagree strongly.... They already called holding last year just fine... This is about the cheesy illegal contact rule... There calling simple touches by the DB's ... It's pure cheese and impossible to expect no contact... I'll tell you what bro... Line up against and NFL receiver with all there speed and see how much you can avoid contact with them running directly at you initiating contact... You can't I'll save you the time... Holding, call it... putting a feeler out and touching DON"T CALL IT!!!!

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly haven't watched this game. Neither of the calls on that drive were even close to holding or contact that in any way impacted the play.

It doesn't have to impact the play. All it has to be is contact after 5 yards.

I went to AZ/Hou game that had what felt like a 100 flags in that game. At one point, there were 5 straight plays at the start of the second half that were flagged. They were all illegal DB contact/holding & illegal hands to the face flags. It does bog down the game. The simple solution is to stop doing what you are getting flagged for.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I went to AZ/Hou game that had what felt like a 100 flags in that game. At one point, there were 5 straight plays at the start of the second half that were flagged. They were all illegal DB contact/holding & illegal hands to the face flags. It does bog down the game. The simple solution is to stop doing what you are getting flagged for.

Dude.. Again, you can't expect NO contact ... Holding call it.... NFL is asking the impossible..

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, you didn't watch it. You are generalizing and I'm saying these two calls were bad. I know they are clamping down, but stop assuming every Seahawk fan just supports manhandling players because our team has a physical brand of defense. I understand what they are doing and these two were wrong. If they are called like this in the regular season they are killing all pass defense entirely. One of the plays the receiver initiated the contact. If you are calling that a foul then DB's will HAVE to play no closer than 5y close to the receivers or they can just brush you and get an automatic.

This isn't football.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you didn't watch it. You are generalizing and I'm saying these two calls were bad. I know they are clamping down, but stop assuming every Seahawk fan just supports manhandling players because our team has a physical brand of defense. I understand what they are doing and these two were wrong. If they are called like this in the regular season they are killing all pass defense entirely. One of the plays the receiver initiated the contact. If you are calling that a foul then DB's will HAVE to play no closer than 5y close to the receivers or they can just brush you and get an automatic.

This isn't football.

:agree: Very well said man ...

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are always going to be bad calls & no calls. Nothing new here. It happens in almost game in every sport.

I didn't single out Seahawk fans, I don't know why you assumed that.

And blaming Goodell for something the competition committee is responsible for is laughable.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are always going to be bad calls & no calls. Nothing new here. It happens in almost game in every sport.

There emphasizing no contact... That is the difference... Flags flying like crazy just because a DB puts a feeler out... And it's not gonna affect just Seattle it will affect every defense... Hurts the game...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's preseason, so to early to worry about it. I think the Seahawks will adapt just fine with the new focus on holding and such. After all every team they played last year, made a big deal out of the Seahawks style of play, and it showed in penalties. I don't see penalties getting much worse for the Seahawks as much as for those they play. Let's share some of that attention the Seahawks had last year!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is this mainly about the Tharold Simon play. It was clearly the wrong call IMO. I bet this is one of the plays that Pete will have the league review and the league will get back to Pete saying it was clean play and called incorrectly. Kinda similar to PI call against Earl Thomas in Tampa game last year that wiped out an Interception and almost killed the momentum of that game.

I think this stuff will even out. I have seen about 5-6 preseason games and flags have taken over all of them and no one is happy about it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's preseason, so to early to worry about it. I think the Seahawks will adapt just fine with the new focus on holding and such. After all every team they played last year, made a big deal out of the Seahawks style of play, and it showed in penalties. I don't see penalties getting much worse for the Seahawks as much as for those they play. Let's share some of that attention the Seahawks had last year!

I don't know man... In 2004 they kept it going into the regular season and it was devastating to defenses... I for the life of me can't understand why non football people are making football decisions on how the game should be played... Half these clowns have never even suited up.... I get the concussion issues and trying to address that, but this is just pure BS from the league... Goodell and his cronies are seriously pissed off because Seattle's D shut down there precious Manning and bucked the offensive trend... I wish the league was run like a democracy and not a dictatorship, players and coaching staff's should get to vote on this stuff...

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To ask for no touching in a game if a receiver does not have the ball and then ask for TACKLING if they do have the ball is simply retarded

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And blaming Goodell for something the competition committee is responsible for is laughable.

The competition committee has to run these rules by Goddell in order to put the rule up for a vote. So if Goddell wanted too he could axe the rule before it goes to a vote. Obviously he did not, so yes Goddell is part of the problem.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the funny thing i have heard is Seattle right now is in the bottom 3rd of the NFL for illegal contact calls so far in the first 2 preseason games. You see a lot of people talking about how this will hurt the Seahawks but the truth of the matter is although it has hurt the Hawks it has not hurt them as much as other teams.

Yes people cried foul last year, but when you are getting beat up you always try to make an excuse for why and " their CB are holding all over the field " was the best they could come up with. Jim Harball was the first to complain so others just followed that crybabies lead is all. Seattle was a physical punch you in the mouth defense with a vocal Richard Sherman that not only got under the players skin on other teams but also their Coaches. This turned them into crying babies that just wanted to point a finger at someone else other than themselves as to why they lost :P

Also as far as the calls are going. I can bet you right now that the NFL is looking into it because its been a major issue so far this preseason with something like 25+ flags thrown per game on average causing a huge amount of slow down.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops my bad it was 34 flags on average per game not 25.