• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things that need to fall into place for your team to win the NC next year???

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Beat the squats twice.
2. We manage to find a couple of cornerbacks on the roster that are serviceable.
3. Stay healthy on the offensive line.

The offensive talent is better than 2011 so maybe we sneak in.

Honestly I predict we throttle the norman booger eaters in the regular season and find some heartbreaking way to lose in the conference championship game because fuck us.

Post spring practice:

1. Eh
2. The young guys look good and we got a grad transfer who will likely be our shutdown guy. The only corner with legitimate experience is now at safety so I'm feeling better about this.
3. Another grad transfer helps and it sounds like we will be better than last year and light years ahead of two and three years ago.

I still predict we kick the squats ass in Bedlam 1 only to lose to them in the title game when the lack of a 13th data point would have guaranteed us a spot in the playoff because fuck us but I'm feeling a little better about this.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting for Sam Darnold (USC QB) to get pulled over this summer with a dead hooker in the trunk of his car, and a pound of heroin along with stolen guns in the backseat.
Yep, that is the only way the Dogs could compete with SC in the PAC12 title game.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still predict we kick the squats ass in Bedlam 1 only to lose to them in the title game when the lack of a 13th data point would have guaranteed us a spot in the playoff because fuck us but I'm feeling a little better about this.

Dude
You aren't getting past @Pitt in week 3.
So don't worry about the playoffs.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC- Need the new O line to give Darnold just a bit of time and were good.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC
1. Darnold has a year like last year.
2. Our O line opens up lanes for our running game.
3. Defensive line puts pressure on opposing QBs.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bubonic plague.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. JT Barrett gets his shit together and actually throws the ball downfield with accuracy
2. Offensive line gets its shit together and actually blocks
3. Need the young WRs to step up and be playmakers
4. Young secondary needs to step up to replace the guys that were drafted.

I'd add in offensive playcalling getting better, but that kinda goes hand in hand with the first 3 issues. Those things happen and Ohio State has the talent to make a title run.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. JT Barrett gets his shit together and actually throws the ball downfield with accuracy

I'd add in offensive playcalling getting better, but that kinda goes hand in hand with the first 3 issues. Those things happen and Ohio State has the talent to make a title run.

Hoping your offense hits a few hiccups trying to get used to Wilson's offense early on.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping your offense hits a few hiccups trying to get used to Wilson's offense early on.

ha! I bet you are.

Mayfield will need to play an outstanding game up in the Shoe for OU to win that one unless Ohio State's offense resembles the trainwreck they were towards the end of last season.

Considering all the attention this offseason has been geared towards the offense, I'm betting (hopefully) that they're much more dynamic this coming season. That game is a monstrous one for both teams tho.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has A LOT to do to actually win the NC...heck, they have A LOT to do to win the B1G title. To have a shot at a NC:

1) They need a decent bump in their QB play (better OL play would help with this too)
2) Several Freshman and Sophomores need to step up and play like Juniors and Seniors
3) A top 25 rated Defense...after losing pretty much every starter from last season.

If Michigan doesn't lose a game early in the season, they could be good enough to make a run at the playoffs, but opening up with Florida, Cincy, and Air Force could prove a good challenge to so many new starters. @Penn St, @Wisconsin, and ending the season with OSU at home, should keep Michigan from a playoff spot. I'd love to be wrong though, and see Harbaugh hoisting that NC trophy this January!

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao. Nothing. Although we were close 8 years ago.

YWeXMbn.png

If only Nebraska would've beaten Texas. Ndamuking Suh was a God in that game. We're most likely was gonna get smoked by Bama instead of getting blowed in against Florida, but at least we would've made an appearance.

Can't never leave the past alone.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha! I bet you are.

Mayfield will need to play an outstanding game up in the Shoe for OU to win that one unless Ohio State's offense resembles the trainwreck they were towards the end of last season.

Considering all the attention this offseason has been geared towards the offense, I'm betting (hopefully) that they're much more dynamic this coming season. That game is a monstrous one for both teams tho.
That's the thing about that little bastard...when he perceives a threat, he plays like it's his last gave EVAR. I'm glad you guise beat the fuck out of us last year in a way. It let Bob and Mike know that their defensive scheme was paddling up Turd Creek with a spork.

It will be a different game this year. Blee dat. I hope we are a double-digit dog...

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for avoiding Tallahassee with that medium sized meteor
meh wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if Tallahassee was obliterated... kills two birds with one stone.. politicians and FSU.. win win:dhd:

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need every other team to suck

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wilson's offense will be too fast paced for Barrett.
He'll be an interception machine.

Requires too much thinking and actual passing skills.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many years of eligibility did Barrett get? lol. Feel like he's been there forever.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold needs to play at least close to the level he played at last year.
O-line and D-line need to be solid.