• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things that make you go hmmm!

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need to really recalculate. All you gotta do is look at the last 4 years and off the top of my head it goes to show how horrible it is.

5 total losses in that time. 3 of those in 2010 when Alabama didn't contend for a NC. Go back 5 years and it becomes 7 total losses.

4 times beating the #1 team in the country at the time.

And that's just in the SECCG and NCGs. There have been other top10 wins, but it's not even needed to be brought up. Even more if you count top10 outside the SEC.

So, what you are saying is that you think that they wouldn't be at the bottom of the list anymore.
other than that, all I see is blah blah blah.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read about the first 3 or 4 pages and twas a good thread until the Bama fans showed up and got their panties in a bunch. :L JFC people.

You ever heard of- I swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. As in the OP list we have a lot of missing information here. The first 4 or 5 pages is everyone trying to guess the answer to the team with a 1-19 regular season conference record. After it was revealed, all the Alabama fans were trying to figure what kind of criteria was being used to come up with that. We knew no way true in real terms. Everyone else was piling on causing Alabama fans to defend and then like always we are the whiny crying babies. Y'all really are backward thinking people! Criteria: :laugh3::L :bullshit: :doh: :rollseyes:

*rankings at end of year only(if your team is top 10 that leaves 9 out of 124 teams n this criteria)
*if u beat the #3 ranked team but the end up ranked #11 it does not count
*using the years from Alabama's probation period to determine how biased it is toward Bama now
*can't use conference chamionship games
*can't use National Championship games

We should go back and add strokes to Tiger Woods scorecard in majors for every putt he made over 30 feet because that's considered the luck zone and shouldn't count. Tiger now has 4 Majors and not 14. And please no golf is not a sport posts. Try, as hard a it might for several of y'all, to understand the message.
People can twist anything to look anyway they want except for intelligence which is very lacking in here. :nod:

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. You did say the "BCS era".:L

It's all good. 1988 is probably as relevant as 1998 anyway. Arbitrary starting points are arbitrary.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what you are saying is that you think that they wouldn't be at the bottom of the list anymore.

'Bama butthurt is an interesting phenomenon!! It causes them to accuse the OP of "cherry picking" stats and then they want to "cherry pick" them until they get the outcome they want!!

Interesting as well is that 2 other teams were included in the OP's trivia and none of their fans are crying about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They weren't at the bottom of the list to start with dumbass.

BlackSand

Pirate At Large
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slow_zps518846c4.png

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see the real list hookem put up using true 1998 as criteria? Alabama was 12th best winning percentage. That is why Alabama fans, along with others who wouldn't admit it if I stuck a shotgun up their ass, found it hard to believe. I can believe 12th with so many bad probation years thrown in there. However, it would still be totally different if you used ranking at time of game as long as that ranked team still finished in the top 15 to count. That would assure you get credit for playing a very good team. Especially when you consider your team giving them a loss attributed to them being just outside top 10. If a team is below 15 you don't get credit. You also get credit for CCG and NC games. That's ridiculous to not count them. Now where would Alabama be?

So let me summarize because I'm not sure many are getting this. The OP's list was totally wrong.
I'm still trying to figure where the 1-19 record for Bama is coming from. Would someone please show me a link or can anyone say anything in here and just move on?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good. 1988 is probably as relevant as 1998 anyway. Arbitrary starting points are arbitrary.

Not sure of your logic. He said Alabama went 1-19 but the 1998 version says Alabama was 12-35 from 1998 so did they take 11 wins away by going back to 1988? You would think they would have more. I will wait for answer before an intelligence remark. :whistle:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn St. is 2-0 despite going a combined 2-26 on 3rd down conversions.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What team has been ranked seven times in the AP Top 10 over the past 15 season (“BCS era”) yet has a mere 1-19 record in conference vs other Top 10 programs?"

I do have to say the question was not entirely as clear as your answer was.

"Here is Alabama's REGULAR SEASON IN conference record VS Top 10 SEC teams from 1998 to 2012"

You forgot to mention that your criteria was regular season. So i can see how some are a little confused. But overall, interesting question and answer.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my team even had one NATTY. My response to this would go something like this.

HAHA... Jelly op is jelly. Get back to you after shining my crystal football.

Not BamaTee....

One thing I've noticed is that Alabama has had so many marginal championships, that they are trained to defend them all regardless if it makes sense or not.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What team has been ranked seven times in the AP Top 10 over the past 15 season (“BCS era”) yet has a mere 1-19 record in conference vs other Top 10 programs?"

I do have to say the question was not entirely as clear as your answer was.

"Here is Alabama's REGULAR SEASON IN conference record VS Top 10 SEC teams from 1998 to 2012"

You forgot to mention that your criteria was regular season. So i can see how some are a little confused. But overall, interesting question and answer.

Other than the LSU-Bama NC game, are there any other IN-CONFERENCE games outside the regular season?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the king of the ruh-tards set up shop in this thread too. :whistle:

finebaum-twerk.gif

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the LSU-Bama NC game, are there any other IN-CONFERENCE games outside the regular season?

Techinically, CCGs and bowls are not "conference" games. Correctly phrased, Alabama is 1-19 in conference games against teams that finished in the AP Top 10.

It is what it is, and people know what it's worth. I'm surprised to see such reactions to it.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Techinically, CCGs and bowls are not "conference" games. Correctly phrased, Alabama is 1-19 in conference games against teams that finished in the AP Top 10.

It is what it is, and people know what it's worth. I'm surprised to see such reactions to it.

true dat!

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone posted something that didn't state that Alabama is the greatest football team in the history of ever and you are surprised that Alabama fans flip out?

A lot of these are the same guys who constantly throw out Ohio State's record against Top 5 teams but when it comes to their team against Top10 in conference it is cherry picking stats.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Half the truth is often a great lie. - Ben Franklin.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone posted something that didn't state that Alabama is the greatest football team in the history of ever and you are surprised that Alabama fans flip out?

A lot of these are the same guys who constantly throw out Ohio State's record against Top 5 teams but when it comes to their team against Top10 in conference it is cherry picking stats.

It is cherry picking stats. There are no less than 5 ways the stats have been slimmed down to come up with the number.