• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: them dad gum Brownies. (you don't live in Cleveland, so don't throw stuff on the field!!!)

Who Dey?

• Bengals by 7 or more

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Bengals by a little

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • tie

• browns by a little

• browns by 7 or more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd quarter, browns starting to draw penalties, they must be getting tired.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
auspicious and soulful

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda too late to make a prediction but I did say earlier in the week the Bengals will be looking for some payback and I expect them to win.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
f'in kicker

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game looked a lot like a Marvin Lewis win. Ugly, disjointed, but effective. Burrow has done a nice job this season when missing one of his key guys, but missing three of them yesterday was a bit of a stretch. I still can't understand why the entire league can run on the Browns defense, and we struggle so much. I realize it broke a bit in the second half, but we were getting nothing on them early in that game.

Injuries are starting to add up. Aside from Chido, nobody is out for the season, but we're looking at Hendrickson (wrist), Hurst (calf), Boyd (finger/hand), and Higgins (hamstring) all potentially being limited or out this week.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game looked a lot like a Marvin Lewis win. Ugly, disjointed, but effective. Burrow has done a nice job this season when missing one of his key guys, but missing three of them yesterday was a bit of a stretch. I still can't understand why the entire league can run on the Browns defense, and we struggle so much. I realize it broke a bit in the second half, but we were getting nothing on them early in that game.

Injuries are starting to add up. Aside from Chido, nobody is out for the season, but we're looking at Hendrickson (wrist), Hurst (calf), Boyd (finger/hand), and Higgins (hamstring) all potentially being limited or out this week.
Gonna be rough.

We have to run the table to have a chance for the #1 seed. Depending on what happens with Baltimore this week and the Bills who have to play a tough Miami team, if we lose one game, as long as it is not to the Bills or Ravens, we can at least get the #2 seed. Get two home games that way and not have to face the Chiefs until the Championship game again in Arrowhead.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think once Boyd went out - likely saw a lot of closer to stacked boxes - it also doesn't help that there are many run plays that are designed to clearly be run plays - when you tip the defense off - it makes it really hard to be successful.

Once Chase started showing he was still going to be an issue catching the ball as the only viable WR - I think that loosened up some of the runs. If you look at some of his longer runs, you can see the safety was really close to the DB's, as they started bracketing (it look like) with more cover 1 and a safety over wherever Chase was going - that allowed the box to open up a bit.

A healthy Boyd and Higgins (and Hurst) and Mixon likely goes over 100 yards easily as the defense would have been even more spread out - and Mixon likely would have had some earlier success in the game.

Bottom line - Cleveland has just been one of those teams that's been a pain to play for the Bengals over the past 3 seasons for whatever the reasons are - good to finally get that win checked off - and more importantly it keeps the Bengals on a roll heading into 2 tough road games. I get TB and NE aren't what they once were, but going on the road is always tough when you are facing Brady and BB....

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be rough.

We have to run the table to have a chance for the #1 seed. Depending on what happens with Baltimore this week and the Bills who have to play a tough Miami team, if we lose one game, as long as it is not to the Bills or Ravens, we can at least get the #2 seed. Get two home games that way and not have to face the Chiefs until the Championship game again in Arrowhead.

Chiefs have to lose a game also. They only have 3 losses.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, outside of their game against us (which is pretty much a toss-up), I don't see the Bills losing again. I also don't see the Chiefs losing again.

Take the names and past reputations off the next two opponents and these should be easy Bengal wins. Tampa, in particular, has been awful of late. Both teams are extremely limited on offense and both have a hard time scoring points. If Burrow and the offense play B- football, they should win both games rather easily. If we do lose one of the next two, it will be an uphill battle for anything other than a wildcard.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, outside of their game against us (which is pretty much a toss-up), I don't see the Bills losing again. I also don't see the Chiefs losing again.

Take the names and past reputations off the next two opponents and these should be easy Bengal wins. Tampa, in particular, has been awful of late. Both teams are extremely limited on offense and both have a hard time scoring points. If Burrow and the offense play B- football, they should win both games rather easily. If we do lose one of the next two, it will be an uphill battle for anything other than a wildcard.
Focus on wining these next 2 games - and hope that Bmore drops a game (espeicially if LJ and TH are out) and then take care of business against them to win the AFCN.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We win by at least another TD if certain people aren’t injured

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We win by at least another TD if certain people aren’t injured
I said 40+ on the AFCN - Hate thread in the NFL forum - and a Browns poster lost his shit....HAHAHAHA

It was an enjoyable morning as a sipped my morning coffee....lol

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CTB - Dude is not afraid in the least. Not sure he's a guy that's ever going to make it a full 17 games during the season, but this dude's a football player.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CTB - Dude is not afraid in the least. Not sure he's a guy that's ever going to make it a full 17 games during the season, but this dude's a football player.
There are some plays where I am scratching my head wondering what he was doing...

Other plays - he looks solid. Typical rookie stuff, I suppose.

One thing is for sure - he is a willing tackler and isn't afraid to try and lay a hit down...I like that in CB's. When you have CB's that are willing tacklers, you have a defense that can help set the edge and won't allow big chunk gains of edge/sweep style runs.