• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The years of glory that nobody talks about anymore

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The years of glory when the machine was in prime shape. In those years of glory, BB was young and had a great coaching staff, a GM, and a great QB, leader of the team.

Today we are critics of everything, like we are going to be great team forever. The main thing is patience, and be open to change.

What do you think?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The years of glory when the machine was in prime shape. In those years of glory, BB was young and had a great coaching staff, a GM, and a great QB, leader of the team.

Today we are critics of everything, like we are going to be great team forever. The main thing is patience, and be open to change.

What do you think?
I think there is a degree of normalcy to critique when thing are going poorly. I also think it's normal to want to do well. Change is expected when doing poorly, remembering our history is important living in it not so much. These teams the last few years have been bad it's okay to expect us to be better and it's okay for owners to position the team to be better.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a degree of normalcy to critique when thing are going poorly. I also think it's normal to want to do well. Change is expected when doing poorly, remembering our history is important living in it not so much. These teams the last few years have been bad it's okay to expect us to be better and it's okay for owners to position the team to be better.
Have to hang in there through the good and bad. I’m satisfied as a fan. It was a great run. Time to start over.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remembering out past is important
As well as not forgetting it.

1960-1970. Patriots were in the AFL. They went to the league championship ONCE and lost to the Chargers 51-10
1970-1997 Patriots were never Super Bowl Contenders nuntil Bill Parcells took then to the SB knowing full well that he was going to be the Jets GM/HC the following year. We'll never forget Desmond Howard torching the Patriots.
1998 The Bridge Year to Belichick
1999-2019. The Glory Years
2020-2023. The Gory Years. A return the 70's and 80's.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Brown:

“I’m sure you’re not really used to reporting about losing seasons around here, but that’s the type of [expletive] rhetoric that comes to play. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that all season I’ve been the best player on offense and then when I’m not playing, that [expletive] starts happening.”

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Brady went to Tampa Bay, we wondered whether he would be a champion without Belichick or if Belichick could be a champion without Brady. Those questions appear to have been answered.

I'll remember Vinatieri kicking the winning field goal in Brady's first Superbowl. I'll remember the huge comeback win over Atlanta. I'll remember the Buttfumble game.

Yeah. It was a good run.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Brady went to Tampa Bay, we wondered whether he would be a champion without Belichick or if Belichick could be a champion without Brady. Those questions appear to have been answered.

I'll remember Vinatieri kicking the winning field goal in Brady's first Superbowl. I'll remember the huge comeback win over Atlanta. I'll remember the Buttfumble game.

Yeah. It was a good run.
I broke a finger in that first SB win… jumped up with arms in the air so high and hard that crushed a finger in the roof, like piece of bone sticking out, blood and stuff, actually left blood stain on roof. Cleaned it up put some unguent on finger and went to doctor next day. Nothing major, just a flesh wound. True story … lol what an idiot

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I broke a finger in that first SB win… jumped up with arms in the air so high and hard that crushed a finger in the roof, like piece of bone sticking out, blood and stuff, actually left blood stain on roof. Cleaned it up put some unguent on finger and went to doctor next day. Nothing major, just a flesh wound. True story … lol what an idiot

Not quite the same, but do you recall the Thanksgiving day game in the early 90s between Dallas and Miami where Leon Lett fucked up on a blocked field goal attempt and touched the ball. Giving it back to Miami for a second attempt.

I was playing ping pong while watching and I screamed and swung my arm holding the paddle and it slipped out of my hand and flew across the room and took out a glass shelf over my bar. The shelf and all the glasses on it crashed down into the bar sink, behind the little bar stove and mini fridge we had.

I gashed the fuck out of my right hand cleaning up the mess.

Lesson learned.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As well as not forgetting it.

1960-1970. Patriots were in the AFL. They went to the league championship ONCE and lost to the Chargers 51-10
1970-1997 Patriots were never Super Bowl Contenders nuntil Bill Parcells took then to the SB knowing full well that he was going to be the Jets GM/HC the following year. We'll never forget Desmond Howard torching the Patriots.
1998 The Bridge Year to Belichick
1999-2019. The Glory Years
2020-2023. The Gory Years. A return the 70's and 80's.
I could have sworn they played in a SB following the 85 season.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might not get talked about much anymore, but it’ll always be remembered.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite the same, but do you recall the Thanksgiving day game in the early 90s between Dallas and Miami where Leon Lett fucked up on a blocked field goal attempt and touched the ball. Giving it back to Miami for a second attempt.

I was playing ping pong while watching and I screamed and swung my arm holding the paddle and it slipped out of my hand and flew across the room and took out a glass shelf over my bar. The shelf and all the glasses on it crashed down into the bar sink, behind the little bar stove and mini fridge we had.

I gashed the fuck out of my right hand cleaning up the mess.

Lesson learned.
Woah! Sounds very funny but painful in the end. We are so stupid sometimes.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever I cut myself on was so sharp I didn’t even know I done it until I realized I was bleeding like a stuck pig.
That happens sometimes when in the cups, not saying that was your case. Anyway, glad you’re still alive n kicking. Cheers!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at your Green Bay avi, I find it funny that nobody in NE remembers the Green Bay New England Superbowl in 1996.
Went right over their heads!
Of course we remember.

Don't kick to Desmond Howard, don't kick to Desmond Howard, don't kick to...fuck it, kick it to Desmond they'll never expect it.

I remember two plays, the KO return and the Bledsoe pick. Other than that, NE seemed to play better than Green Bay.

But turnovers...