• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Witcher

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else having a hell of a time watching this anywhere near an iPhone or iPad?

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yennefer indeed has nice yits.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched the first episode, and maybe it's because I know nothing of the source material, while the fight/battle scenes are great, so far the rest is pretty meh. I've give it another episode or two.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched the first episode, and maybe it's because I know nothing of the source material, while the fight/battle scenes are great, so far the rest is pretty meh. I've give it another episode or two.
It's worth the watch. I just blazed through it in 2 days thanks to it being REALLY slow at work. Episode 2 is when you're introduced to Yennefer, who is the real main character of the show.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching ep 3 now. My background with the universe is W3 only. But it seems this takes place about the time of W1 or earlier?

Ciri is much older than she was pre-witching in the games. I get that change in a live-action telling of the story, though, so I am OK with that change.

I am not a fan of Cavills look, but he has the voice and monotone down perfectly.

I am unaware of Yennefer’s back story. I don’t remember her bloodline mentioned in W3, or her physical issues. I am not a fan of the aging they are going with for her. My understanding is the Yen and Geralt go WAY back and that she is quite old. This is showing her to be just a few years older than Ciri, and Triss being considerably older. I absolutely did not get that feel from W3. I think this is kinda important since it goes to their level of prowess and their varying relationships with Geralt.

all that said, the show seems alright so far. Not at all in the same boat as GoT (quality wise), but good enough, still.

Early on, I've been enjoying Yennifer's back story more than Geralt... But really liking it overall.... Don't care for what they did with Triss, as yes, I had gotten the impression that Yen was her elder, and also for her to NOT be a redhead is a travesty IMO... :D

Oh, and my only criticism of Geralt is that I honestly figured him to be a good 6 inches taller, but that's nitpicking.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching ep 3 now. My background with the universe is W3 only. But it seems this takes place about the time of W1 or earlier?

Ciri is much older than she was pre-witching in the games. I get that change in a live-action telling of the story, though, so I am OK with that change.

I am not a fan of Cavills look, but he has the voice and monotone down perfectly.

I am unaware of Yennefer’s back story. I don’t remember her bloodline mentioned in W3, or her physical issues. I am not a fan of the aging they are going with for her. My understanding is the Yen and Geralt go WAY back and that she is quite old. This is showing her to be just a few years older than Ciri, and Triss being considerably older. I absolutely did not get that feel from W3. I think this is kinda important since it goes to their level of prowess and their varying relationships with Geralt.

all that said, the show seems alright so far. Not at all in the same boat as GoT (quality wise), but good enough, still.
after watching the rest of the season, I think I am OK with the aging. I placed Yen getting into the school at approx the same time as Ciri running and the first monster girl getting killed because the alderman was in those scenes. I did not realize until later in the season that he was a sorcerer, therefore, he ages much slower as well. I will need to watch again (and I might do that) just to try to map out the timeline. Yen has already been a well known, full fledged witch for 30 or 40 years at least by the time the Nilfghard attacked Skelligah. Still not quite the time frame as I understood it, but they are allowed to tell THEIR story.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm through episode 5... I can see where, the more familiarity you already had, the more interesting this would be. Seeing how Yen and Geralt were bound and understanding why Ciri is important to them here actually fills in a LOT of questions I had playing Witcher 3... Having played Witcher 2, it helped in knowing who Foltest is, etc...

I will say that one thing this show does poorly is make clear when they are flashing back, etc...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm through episode 5... I can see where, the more familiarity you already had, the more interesting this would be. Seeing how Yen and Geralt were bound and understanding why Ciri is important to them here actually fills in a LOT of questions I had playing Witcher 3... Having played Witcher 2, it helped in knowing who Foltest is, etc...

I will say that one thing this show does poorly is make clear when they are flashing back, etc...
This show has brought a ton of light to the mountaintop scene with Geralt and Yen in W3. I bought W1 and W2 a while back but hadn’t installed or played them yet. I just installed W1 yesterday and plan on giving it a try this coming week.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gave it a shot, sorry, it’s not good.

Yeah, while I am not comparing this to GoT, it does have that same feel whete they just throw you into the world to sink or swim and those with familiarity of the source material are more interested in swimming...

Interesting thing is they are seemingly going way back to the beginning of the story, which I'm sure very few have read...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Steam Chart analytics, around 38,000 people are currently playing the 2015 game. There’s also been a peak player count of 50,354 in the last 30 days—the first time it’s passed 50,000 since the Blood and Wine expansion arrived in 2016. As noted by PC Gamer, there are currently more people playing the Witcher 3 than Red Dead Redemption 2 on Steam.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ever there was a review that just screams, “I’m completely untalented at acting, at writing, at well most everything, but so desperate to appear edgy and witty, just so above it all, all while being completely jealous of those I wish to be like, I’ll trash for the sake of trashing because they’re everything I wish to be...” this is it.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TOSS A COIN TO YOUR WITCHER

O SportsHoopla OF PLENTY, O SportsHoopla OF PLENTY

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‘The Witcher’ Netflix TV Series Review: The Good, The Bad And The Monstrous

Here is a review that is almost spot on with how I feel about the show... I have two slight disagreements. The "diversity" bugs me a bit, and it is primarily what I already mentioned. Triss is a red-headed white girl, damnit!!! They already have Frangiella as their token! Why did they have to do that?

And Yennifer, I'm not 100% sold on yet with the actress... Simply because she seems a little less mature than I expected, but I guess it is early on in the saga, so I'll give that a chance. The actress is plenty good looking... :D

And I don't really care for the actress playing Ciri... Not sure what it is about her, but again, its early on in the series, so perhaps she grows into the role and grows on me...

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had always heard of the game. saw it was only $15 for the complete edition, might as well check it out. enjoy stuff like fallout and elder scrolls, imagine it's similar.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had always heard of the game. saw it was only $15 for the complete edition, might as well check it out. enjoy stuff like fallout and elder scrolls, imagine it's similar.
It is open world like those games, but it more story-driven. RDR is probably a better comparison.