• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Superman (2025)

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deadline: "Superman: Legacy: Nicholas Hoult Lands Role of Lex Luthor"

lex-luther.jpg

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they announce a Brightburn 2 also directed by James Gunn? This guy has a lot on his plate leading to 2025.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can see it... but interesting that it seems like they are going the younger route again with lex...

but wont have an actual opinion until i know more about the script and everything else...

Lex and superman should be of similar age

So that’s an interesting choice

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lex and superman should be of similar age

So that’s an interesting choice

meh... same age is difficult when one doesnt age... LOL... and other than smallvilleverse, i dont think they need to be similar aged...

But it would always be good if Lex is older than Clark... not that they would advertise their ages...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh... same age is difficult when one doesnt age... LOL... and other than smallvilleverse, i dont think they need to be similar aged...

But it would always be good if Lex is older than Clark... not that they would advertise their ages...

I think he can be older, but it shouldn’t be like affleck and cavil either

Even on smallville lex was 7 years older than Clark and lana

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he can be older, but it shouldn’t be like affleck and cavil either

Even on smallville lex was 7 years older than Clark and lana

i have always liked to compare Lex Luthor to Bruce wayne... i think they are basically the same character... only difference is Bruce wayne has a code... Lex doesnt...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have always liked to compare Lex Luthor to Bruce wayne... i think they are basically the same character... only difference is Bruce wayne has a code... Lex doesnt...
They are almost the exact same. But Lex see’s himself as the sacrificial hero while Bruce sees himself as the troubled asshole. They both see Supes as the bad assed MFer that he is, but Lex sees the good he can accomplish with the proper prepping while Bruce sees the damage he can do if left unchecked. Lex has decided to be the foil that Supes needs in order to become what he can become while Bruce sees and acknowledges that Supes is a good guy NOW, but that humanity has to be able to end him if the need arises.

Very similar characters.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are almost the exact same. But Lex see’s himself as the sacrificial hero while Bruce sees himself as the troubled asshole. They both see Supes as the bad assed MFer that he is, but Lex sees the good he can accomplish with the proper prepping while Bruce sees the damage he can do if left unchecked. Lex has decided to be the foil that Supes needs in order to become what he can become while Bruce sees and acknowledges that Supes is a good guy NOW, but that humanity has to be able to end him if the need arises.

Very similar characters.

i kind of hate when Lex is portrayed as evil BEFORE superman, or would be bad if superman never existed...

I disagree about your view that Lex became superman's foil to direct supes...

IMO Supes creates lex... Lex basically is jealous of superman, and wants to prove that the human race doesnt just not need supes.. But Lex can protect the world better than superman can... His distrust towards supes has always been more paranoia than anything else...

Batman is a prepper... Lex is an activist...

But i do wonder what the dynamics would have been if Lex never murdered... that was his real problem, he became an uncontrollable loose cannon...

Batman never crossed that line( i still wont believe he killed joker)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very similar characters.

In the lex luthor comic by Brian azzarello they do a good job explaining the dynamic

All star superman they talk a lot about your dynamic

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the lex luthor comic by Brian azzarello they do a good job explaining the dynamic

All star superman they talk a lot about your dynamic
Bruce’s pessimism leads him to be a crime fighter while Lex’s optimism leads him to be a villain.

Great, layered characters, especially when compared to each other.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce’s pessimism leads him to be a crime fighter while Lex’s optimism leads him to be a villain.

Great, layered characters, especially when compared to each other.

i also think it is about security and insecurity... is security the opposite of insecurity??

Lex is insecure with his emotions and wants everyone to think he is the best...

Bruce doesnt care whether people like him or not... almost like he KNOWS he is best...

both are egotistical, but i think lex needs to be the best, and when he is challenged he needs to prove it...

Batman/bruce doesnt feel like he needs to prove anything to anyone...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now i am wondering if we threw in oliver queen... what would those comparisons be like...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i also think it is about security and insecurity... is security the opposite of insecurity??

Lex is insecure with his emotions and wants everyone to think he is the best...

Bruce doesnt care whether people like him or not... almost like he KNOWS he is best...

both are egotistical, but i think lex needs to be the best, and when he is challenged he needs to prove it...

Batman/bruce doesnt feel like he needs to prove anything to anyone...

This is a good point

He takes pride in metropolis being HIS city

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now i am wondering if we threw in oliver queen... what would those comparisons be like...

He’s just naive compared to the other 2

No real comparison

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s just naive compared to the other 2

No real comparison

is he?? honestly, i think he loses out in these discussions solely because he is lesser known...

even in the arrowverse they basically turned him into batman... taking batman stories...

the one thing i know from the cartoons was that Batman has a code of not killing while Green Arrow was more an any means necessary type of hero...

But i dont know much about oliver Queen from the comics or cartoon shows...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good point

He takes pride in metropolis being HIS city

brings an interesting ELSEWORLD idea which i am shocked they never experimented... What if Clark Kent chose Gotham over Metropolis??

i know just like all elseworlds it would be bastardized... they usually make Lois the reason why he was all good in these.... so they would probably make batman the hero of this story...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is he?? honestly, i think he loses out in these discussions solely because he is lesser known...

even in the arrowverse they basically turned him into batman... taking batman stories...

the one thing i know from the cartoons was that Batman has a code of not killing while Green Arrow was more an any means necessary type of hero...

But i dont know much about oliver Queen from the comics or cartoon shows...

You are absolutely right about arrow verse version

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brings an interesting ELSEWORLD idea which i am shocked they never experimented... What if baby supes landed in gotham-with Bruce's normal storyline( they did have a what if Kal-el was Bruce wayne)

but i guess just like every other elseworld, it would be bastardized because the kents would not have found him... and he would have grown up differently...

Yeah I’ve bought some, but they always end up disappointing me

Like forcing him to somehow always end up with Lois

Just so unlikely