• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Wire

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't read either. TV shows are my thing. Watch movies a little but mostly tv show guy.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think "The Hitcher" was before "1st and 10", but they were both EARLY HBO, either way.

Every time I see a commercial for Chicago PD, I giggle to myself and say "Yinessa"!! I thought I was only person who remembered that show.

I had to know so I looked it up. the Hitchhiker did come out in 1983 along with Not Necessarily the News (Sniglets!!!) and Fraggle Rock. 1st and Ten came out in 1984. There were about 10 other things listed as original programming starting in 1975 including Inside the NFL starting in 1977.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah imma have to figure my dtv out.

Man 5 bucks? Now u gonna have me looking thru all our walmarts dvds over here. Was the first hbo series i can remember. I remember watching it late at night when i was in high school. All i remember is the kicker was the crypt keeper and the 2 big black o-lineman

Yep, 5 bucks. It was well worth it, the show is still funny after 30 years. The person I remember most from the show though was Dr. Death, Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds. Still see him on occassion. Can't forget about Delta Burke though and OJ.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a few stephen king books over the years. Maybe 10 of em. Started reading the expanded universe of star wars and got hooked. Books were way more dark and for adults. But now with the new star wars movies and now saying none of the books are cannon i feel like i wasted hundreds of hours for nothing. So everything i read never happened because the new star wars big wigs said so.

I did most of my reading on the toilet. Best spot. Can concentrate. :pound:

I started reading a Star Wars book once. Once!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started reading a Star Wars book once. Once!

Stuff that I saw on tv and movies actually did a lot to get me into reading as a kid. I loved Star Wars, and ended up getting a 3-in-1 book that had tales of Han Solo. I don't know if they were canon or not, but I remembered enjoying them enough to try other books. That was a bridge to a Crichton phase and I still remember enjoying Sphere and The Andromeda Strain. This was all as a teenager, and then I joined the military and had lots of duty/dead time to read. Ended up getting degrees in English Lit and education when I went to college, and now I try to get kids to not hate reading. It's tougher and tougher every year since their skills keep getting lower and lower.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't do it. No matter how interesting a book is, I'll never finish it. I know that I miss out but at the end of the day most great books are made into movies and even though it gets chopped and screwed most of the time, I get the gist of the book.

As I said your loss.

Especially because most great books are not made into movies.

These days it's comic book crap.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said your loss.

Especially because most great books are not made into movies.

These days it's comic book crap.

Yeah, I'd say that great books usually don't get turned into even good movies. It's hard to get a large percentage of the subtext across, no matter how good the screenwriter is.

I'd say the same is true in reverse. Plenty of great original screenplays that would lose something if made into novels. Same with plays even.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u get to see what Russell westbrook did before he went to ucla and the thunder. he stars as kenny

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:)

You do t see many Johnny Dangerously references anymore. :)

Watched Mr Mom last weekend and the wife and I were talking about how many great movies he's had. Unfortunately for her, she's never seen Johnny Dangerously.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching the entire series again. On S3. Even though I always remained true to how awesome this show is, this show is still so fucking awesome

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wire is phenomenal. Really glad they ended it when they did, before giving it a chance to turn into shit like The Sopranos, The Shield, etc.

Deadwood and Rome are two other shows that I was really glad ended when they did.
Michael K Williams, from The Wire, one of my favorite actors, died today

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching the entire series again. On S3. Even though I always remained true to how awesome this show is, this show is still so fucking awesome
Michael K Williams died today.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael K Williams, from The Wire, one of my favorite actors, died today
I recently started watching this show. On season 4 now.
Omar is by far my favorite character so I googled him.
Sad. So much talent.

Chief Medical Examiner confirmed that Williams died of a combination of fentanyl, p-fluorofentanyl, heroin and cocaine, and ruled the death by overdose

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad. So much talent.

Chief Medical Examiner confirmed that Williams died of a combination of fentanyl, p-fluorofentanyl, heroin and cocaine, and ruled the death by overdose
I knew he had a history of drug use but I’ve never seen any show that he has not been really good in

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad. So much talent.

I'm currently re-watching and just started Season 5.

Love Omar, but I'm a Bunk man.

I like a lot of series, but this might be my favourite.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad. So much talent.

He was my favorite in Boardwalk Empire, too, which is where I first ran into him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was my favorite in Boardwalk Empire, too, which is where I first ran into him.
I never got hooked on BE. I tried a binge about 5 years or so back, but I got distracted about mid way through S3 or so (I think) and never went back. Was never really tempted to pick it up again. I am pretty sure I got to Williams’ run, because I remember his name (Chalky White struck me as such a racist name, LOL).

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never got hooked on BE. I tried a binge about 5 years or so back, but I got distracted about mid way through S3 or so (I think) and never went back. Was never really tempted to pick it up again. I am pretty sure I got to Williams’ run, because I remember his name (Chalky White struck me as such a racist name, LOL).

Hes in the whole show so you definitely saw him