• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Wire

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its weird......I was thinking of a favorite scene in The Wire to post, but no really classic scenes immediately come to mind. Its not a show with as many snappy exchanges of dialogue, the brilliance is more drawn out in longterm stories.

But this one can make me laugh every time at least:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyewqmAKHto]Prop Joe Makes a Phone Call - YouTube[/ame]

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Though I guess this would have to go down as at least one of the best scenes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYj7q_by_2E]The Wire - Omar testifies against Bird - YouTube[/ame]

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Wire - Omar testifies against Bird - YouTube

That scene was awesome. Telling off the lawyer was classic.

Just finished S2. Overall likes S1 more but the ending was great and seems to be heading back to the streets as the main headline. That is what I am most interested. The sub plots had me more engrossed this season.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Wire - Omar testifies against Bird - YouTube

One minor thing that always bugged me about the beginning of that scene: If he didn't know who "Ares" was, how did he know how to correctly spell his name and therefore that his name fits? I wouldn't think that would be someone's first guess at how to spell it, I might actually think that they would try to spell it like the constellation/zodiac sign first. At the very least if I saw there were only 4 letters and trusted that Omar was right I'd probably double-check the spelling with him.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone thats never seen it, they are running a marathon on HBO starting this friday. Gonna dvr em all myself. Watched the series twice and its the greatest tv show EVER. outside of trailer park boys

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever is a bit of a stretch. But it's a great show.

McNulty and Bunk drinking by the train tracks is worth it all by itself.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever is a bit of a stretch. But it's a great show.

McNulty and Bunk drinking by the train tracks is worth it all by itself.

I don't think it is much of a stretch at all. The show is pure brilliance and only a few shows can be argued to be as good/better.

Personally I rank BB slightly ahead of the Wire as my favorite show of all time. The slow burn of the wire is part of what makes it brilliant but also why I find BB just barely more enjoyable.

So many awesome characters in the Wire it's incredible.

Luckily, I have the dvd set, HBO go and amazon prime so a HBO marathon does nothing for me. But it's awesome to see they are playing it for new people!!

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is much of a stretch at all. The show is pure brilliance and only a few shows can be argued to be as good/better.

Personally I rank BB slightly ahead of the Wire as my favorite show of all time. The slow burn of the wire is part of what makes it brilliant but also why I find BB just barely more enjoyable.

So many awesome characters in the Wire it's incredible.

Luckily, I have the dvd set, HBO go and amazon prime so a HBO marathon does nothing for me. But it's awesome to see they are playing it for new people!!

Yeah i need the dvd set bi got oz and sopranos on dvd. Well i cloned em lol. But i think the wire is the best IMO. then sopranos. Then breaking bad. Then either oz lost or sons. Im not talking comedies. Im sure im forgeting some show.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the light skinned kid with the long hair in the wire? Wee bays kid i think he was. He was in that jennifer hudson movie. Sumthin sumthin mr pete. Weird name. But anyways that kid got all chubby bhe was playing a bully in the movie. I was like damn. Looked like he ate wee bay

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite show ever for sure.

Why DVR it, though? If you have HBO, you also have HBOGO and can watch any episode anytime you like.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did say "a bit" of a stretch. Love the show, seen it twice completely. Like it more than Sopranos.

But not as much as Deadwood, which to me is the best ever of those HBO type of show.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite show ever for sure.

Why DVR it, though? If you have HBO, you also have HBOGO and can watch any episode anytime you like.

Thats on the ipad tho right? For some reason ive never really used my direct tv online stuff either. We have netflix and we have over 2000 dvds. I just dont enjoy watching on an ipad. Like to lay back and watch on the big screen.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks netflix doesnt play hbo shows. Thats why ive never watched game of thrones. But just seen the first 3 seasons in the new section at video store. So i think imma rent em and record em.

Game of thrones
The shield
Justified
Deadwood

Those shows ive never seen but i want too

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's on Amazon Prime and after your reviews I'll give it a shot but I'm highly weary of cop shows.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks netflix doesnt play hbo shows. Thats why ive never watched game of thrones. But just seen the first 3 seasons in the new section at video store. So i think imma rent em and record em.

Game of thrones
The shield
Justified
Deadwood

Those shows ive never seen but i want too
Justified is my favorite series.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's on Amazon Prime and after your reviews I'll give it a shot but I'm highly weary of cop shows.

I usually dont like cop shows either. But this show hits every corner of baltimore. Not to mention all the actors who moved on to bigger things.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also when i first watched i got bored a lil for the first few shows. Once i got to know the characters better it took off. Every season looks at a different angle. But theres so many great characters.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once you get a handle on the characters you will be fine. They are not superficial and they are well developed.

Great theme song too. And performed in different ways many times.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wire is probably my favorite long-running TV series. Fine writing and acting develops not only the law enforcement side of how the "war on drugs" plays out in the inner city, but also how it affects drug dealers, drug users, the "civilians" in between the two sides, and the political machinations that accompany the conflict. Really a great series.