• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Wire

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recently started watching this show. On season 4 now.
Omar is by far my favorite character so I googled him.
Sad. So much talent.

Chief Medical Examiner confirmed that Williams died of a combination of fentanyl, p-fluorofentanyl, heroin and cocaine, and ruled the death by overdose
Four arrested for selling him the concoction that killed him.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm back on this.. almost done with season 2. It's great but I have a small complaint and it's with the actor playing Nick. Hopefully they'll kill him off soon, because it takes a dump whenever he's the focus of a scene. Hopefully they'll kill him off soon. His presence as a main character is the only drawback.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm back on this.. almost done with season 2. It's great but I have a small complaint and it's with the actor playing Nick. Hopefully they'll kill him off soon, because it takes a dump whenever he's the focus of a scene. Hopefully they'll kill him off soon. His presence as a main character is the only drawback.

Thats funny, i hated his cousin..
Actually all that family is annoying. Great show tho

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s even cringier in Orange is the New Black.

Liev Schreibers little brother, is no Liev Scheiber.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you have against Baby Ray Donovan?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been meaning to watch the Wire. Where is it streaming?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats funny, i hated his cousin..
Actually all that family is annoying. Great show tho

Ziggy. He's an idiot. But that's the character he's playing, not the actor. The actor playing Ziggy is a good actor. The guy playing Nick is not and it shows because everyone else is so good.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been meaning to watch the Wire. Where is it streaming?

Max.. the HBO streaming service. I didn't even know I still had it until about a month ago. I dropped att uverse, along with the HBO add on, back in June. I was visiting my son recently and learned he still had Max using the login credentials I shared with him years ago. So I checked mine and I still have it though I haven't paid for it in 7 months.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ziggy. He's an idiot. But that's the character he's playing, not the actor. The actor playing Ziggy is a good actor. The guy playing Nick is not and it shows because everyone else is so good.
Yeah I get where you're saying, Can't argue with it...

He's almost what Ben Affleck would be if Ben Affleck was a slightly better actor.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 2 is by far the weakest season. It's not terrible by any means but the first season was much better and then it picks up again in season 3.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 2 is by far the weakest season. It's not terrible by any means but the first season was much better and then it picks up again in season 3.

2 is better than 5.

5 is great for how it wraps things up and most of the side plots are awesome. The main story is absurd though.

2 gets a bad rap because everyone gets so hooked on 1 and they do a 180. On a rewatch its actually pretty brilliant and the side street stuff is excellent while the main plot is a factor for the end game.

Its still only the 4th best season but thats because S1 is great, S3 is elite and S4 is mount Rushmore of TV(probably the best season of all time).

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 is better than 5.

5 is great for how it wraps things up and most of the side plots are awesome. The main story is absurd though.

2 gets a bad rap because everyone gets so hooked on 1 and they do a 180. On a rewatch its actually pretty brilliant and the side street stuff is excellent while the main plot is a factor for the end game.

Its still only the 4th best season but thats because S1 is great, S3 is elite and S4 is mount Rushmore of TV(probably the best season of all time).
One of the best shows and casts of all time.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On to season 4 and I have to say that I am not a huge fan of the McNulty character. His reactions and acting after he realized that he was just a "breathing apparatus with a dick" to the Dem campaign consultant babe was the first time he really resonated as real to me. His "boyish, rebel, horndog" who everyone has a sly "There goes McNulty again.." take about seems too much like a bit to me.

The drug trade, surrounding community, leadership, etc. is where this show really cooks like nothing I've even seen on the subject. After the 1st episode of season 4, I can see that season is going to be a tough watch.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On to season 4 and I have to say that I am not a huge fan of the McNulty character. His reactions and acting after he realized that he was just a "breathing apparatus with a dick" to the Dem campaign consultant babe was the first time he really resonated as real to me. His "boyish, rebel, horndog" who everyone has a sly "There goes McNulty again.." take about seems too much like a bit to me.

The drug trade, surrounding community, leadership, etc. is where this show really cooks like nothing I've even seen on the subject. After the 1st episode of season 4, I can see that season is going to be a tough watch.

You are about to witness the greatest season television has to offer. Which is a blessing and a curse.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 4 lives up to the hype so far. Just riveting without a false note that I can detect, which was not always the case in season 1-3 occasionally, when the action moved away from the streets.

I'm know I'm not the first to say it but Michael K Williams as Omar deserves a place on the Mt Rushmore of all-time great TV characters. The role is fantastic in and of itself, but he routinely takes it to another level. Andre Royo as Bubbles isn't far behind but it isn't as much fun to watching the life of a street junky as it as the Robin Hood of the hood. But every performance in season 4 is solid to excellent.. even those I wasn't all that impressed with before.

I'm not really looking forward to episodes 9-12 because it's pretty clear where it's headed, even though what happens to whom isn't.